Sign in to follow this  
Sebjo89

The immersion of flying

Hi.

Just some thoughts.

A lot of people usually watch other simmers fly these days via twitch or youtube. Would'nt it be even better if some of those people watching become a part of the simmers world, for example, someone could handle the pushback truck and get the airplane where the captain wants it. Someone could handle the fuel truck, and others the cargo and baggages. I know how it might sound. Why make addons for controlling such things when the simulator is for "flying"? But I feel that if this would be implemented it would help the "simulation" part become more immersive and real. The communication between the captain and ground crew would make it just like in the real world. Just like PilotEdge makes it possible with "real" ATC.

What are your thoughts?

3 hours ago, Sebjo89 said:

Hi.

Just some thoughts.

A lot of people usually watch other simmers fly these days via twitch or youtube. Would'nt it be even better if some of those people watching become a part of the simmers world, for example, someone could handle the pushback truck and get the airplane where the captain wants it. Someone could handle the fuel truck, and others the cargo and baggages. I know how it might sound. Why make addons for controlling such things when the simulator is for "flying"? But I feel that if this would be implemented it would help the "simulation" part become more immersive and real. The communication between the captain and ground crew would make it just like in the real world. Just like PilotEdge makes it possible with "real" ATC.

What are your thoughts?

Not so excited about ground handling by a human when that can be simulated.   But building on your concept,  what if we could simulate pilot and co-pilot flying the same plane.  You could have flight management shared like real world pilots.  That would be truly immersive!

57 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

Not so excited about ground handling by a human when that can be simulated.   But building on your concept,  what if we could simulate pilot and co-pilot flying the same plane.  You could have flight management shared like real world pilots.  That would be truly immersive!

There is a plugin called SmartCopilot, and it seems like it does exactly that. :) I'm not into multiplayer, so haven't tried, but to me it seems to be a working addon. You might want to check it out.

25 minutes ago, Susu986 said:

There is a plugin called SmartCopilot, and it seems like it does exactly that. :) I'm not into multiplayer, so haven't tried, but to me it seems to be a working addon. You might want to check it out.

Thanks - I checked it out,  needs more work based on what i had in mind.   

1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

Not so excited about ground handling by a human when that can be simulated.

Haha, thats true!

Well, you may have an idea if you had a team of ground people driving around the airport during an event like cross the pond... although it may add to the chaos that the event normally provides.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I've never understood the interest of watching other people sim on Youtube, but apparently others do, because some folk are earning/making a living from doing it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

I've never understood the interest of watching other people sim on Youtube, but apparently others do, because some folk are earning/making a living from doing it.

+1

Whenever I have a little time, I rather just take up the Cessna for a spin instead of watching others fly :) Some of those videos can go on for long hours, I wonder who's watching them... But a lot of people do. Maybe we are getting old? :)

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

While I've seen FS videos I really enjoy - some can be very educational - nothing takes away the enjoyment faster or makes me change the channel quicker than the latest trend - the second video camera taking of the "selfie" of the broadcaster - seriously - do we need to capture every face wipe, silly expression, and nose pick on camera ???

It's awful - stop the selfie cam !!!

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 3

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Ground services? Don't stop there.

I want to serve coffee and snacks onboard on Twich ;)

All nice ideas. What about this one?  You can be a passenger first person, board the plane, sit down  and be taken to your destination. I would expect cabin service of course! Lol

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb