Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

FSX-SE no longer compatible with Windows 10

1 hour ago, hawkeye71 said:

Interestingly, I have tried several flights with two default FSX aircraft, the C172 and the Lear45. No problems at all with either of them. No amount of clicks on the menus would produce an error. And I even run REX weather with them. Trying to complete a flight with any of my payware aircraft however is a real challenge. Of course the systems in payware aircraft are more complex. And if FSX does crash using a payware aircraft, almost all of the time the faulting module for me is FSUIPC, which would lead me to believe that payware aircraft utilize FSUIPC where the default aircraft do not. Or am I wrong? 

Most use SimConnect.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 12/6/2017 at 7:12 PM, Jim Young said:

If I start up the PMDG737 at FSDT KLAX, no errors.  If I start up at Orbx/FTX Pacific NW and KSEA, I immediately get a error creating child window so believe there is an issue with objects being rendered in some areas of the world.  No problems with default aircraft (so far).

Hi, if after the error window there is functionality, try from FSX menu Flight/Reset. I have checked it and it works. Also keep in mind that GSX must be updated before you start loading the flight. AS16 and EFASS or other add-ons outside FSX can be loaded after the initialization of PMDG aircraft. Usually an error like "... creating Child Window" will not lead to CTD so resetting the flight does the trick. At least for me.

Regards.

Well the good news is that I finally found one payware aircraft that works with getting an FSX crash. I did a flight in the Eaglesoft Citation X using REX weather and Radar Contact and everything went flawlessly. I could click anywhere I wanted with no problems. So I guess that's one addon aircraft I can use for now!

I also flew the default C172, Mooney and Learjet with no problems. None of these aircraft were used at addon airports, only the default ones.

In addition  I was also running ORBX Global and ORBX North America, again with no problems whatsoever. It's just other addon aircraft that are causing the problems for me.:mellow:

It was released a couple of weeks ago (1 December).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

just came down KB 4054517 solved my problems with 1709, give it a shot ronny spergel

Seems to have solved my problems as well...

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Me too!  Did everything I could to make it crash and a couple of times I got the dreaded rotating icon and the message in my menu that FSX was not responding but it recovered.  Never seen that ever before.  FSX recovering from a crash?  Get outta here! :smile:

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

With update 4054517 and the JustFlight Turbo Arrow, I have mixed results so far.

Upside: Loading the aircraft doesn't crash FSX anymore.

Downside: Calling up the 2D panel windows freezes FSX or at least makes it respond VERY slowly.

- Edit:

Following a hint on the JF forums, I've deactivated Compatibility Mode for fsx.exe and lo and behold, the Turbo Arrow works just fine after the Windows update! This is a definite fix, folks!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I heard there was a fix, so I let the Fall Creator's Update re-install itself last night (I rolled it back the first time). 

FSX-SE appears to be working just fine once again. Life is good. I'd say MS fixed it. The problem was fairly easy to reproduce, and I can't make it happen. I flew for several hours yesterday with no problems. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I heard there was a fix, so I let the Fall Creator's Update re-install itself last night (I rolled it back the first time). 

FSX-SE appears to be working just fine once again. Life is good. I'd say MS fixed it. The problem was fairly easy to reproduce, and I can't make it happen. I flew for several hours yesterday with no problems. 

there was an short update form me today. It was working before and now it wasn't :( 

So you are saying that the update broke your FSX?

I couldn't fly for 30 minutes under the FCU before I rolled it back. I have been running version 1709 / build 16299.125 since mid evening yesterday. No problems at all. Definitely fixed me.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440