Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

FSLabs wants to develop new Concorde for v4

I wouldn't go with the existing product updated (way too many issues with it in P3D V3), but I would go for an overhaul version that leverage the features in P3D V4.x, I'd even pre-pay for it that was an option to aid/speed up development.

I'd even pay extra for a fully rendered passenger cabin and GSX support and TrueGlass support.

Cheers, Rob.

11 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I wouldn't go with the existing product updated (way too many issues with it in P3D V3), but I would go for an overhaul version that leverage the features in P3D V4.x, I'd even pre-pay for it that was an option to aid/speed up development.

I'd even pay extra for a fully rendered passenger cabin and GSX support and TrueGlass support.

Cheers, Rob.

I’d pre-pay if it was an option.

David Porrett

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Concorde is my #1 all time favourite Airliner  but I don’t like flying long haul.

Don't forget Concorde also used to do 'experience flights' where they would take passengers out over the ocean and go supersonic. These would invariably come back to the departure airport too (usually Paris for the Air France ones). How many flights in other airliners are there where you can simulate a realistic scheduled IFR flight which lands at the same place it took off from, having climbed to 60,000 feet and done Mach 2 all in two hours?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

32 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, as someone who flies it regularly in P3D v3.4 I’m curious what are the “many issues” that prevent you from enjoying it.

I’m aware of a few fairly minor bugs but nothing serious. The update to v1.39 made substantial savings in VAS thereby allowing us to fly from LHR to JFK using 3rd party airports and not run out of memory.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Excellent! Hopefully there is enough interest.

E-mail sent.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

21 minutes ago, Chock said:

Don't forget Concorde also used to do 'experience flights' where they would take passengers out over the ocean and go supersonic. These would invariably come back to the departure airport too (usually Paris for the Air France ones). How many flights in other airliners are there where you can simulate a realistic scheduled IFR flight which lands at the same place it took off from, having climbed to 60,000 feet and done Mach 2 all in two hours?

Yer I remember well, Concorde came to my local airport EGNX and did just that. I went to  watch the take off and nothing passenger wise comes close to the sound and beauty of her, she went out over the North Sea, did her thing and came back. Something I will never forget.

I think her call sign was Speedbird 8 But it was a long time ago.

EDIT

just Googled it, it was 1991 and this vid came up and the guys scanner was the same as I had, well still have. I was the other side of Airport 

look at these old 73’s I loved that Airline company 

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Can you imagine Concorde with something like FS2Crew? That’d be glorious!

• Upvote 1

Never flown this bird but given the 3 crew workload,  how does a single simming pilot handle her?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Though I love the Concorde, I refuse to vote for a near future development of this aircraft, as I wold like to see them finish the Airbus series  as planned (A321, A330, and hopefully 340--... Unless they can work on both aircraft in parallel. 

I would be interested in buying the Concorde, such a classic and with P3D v4x, it opens the door to add those mentioned features and not have to worry about VAS.

34 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Never flown this bird but given the 3 crew workload,  how does a single simming pilot handle her?

With the virtual FE turned on, it’s not really any different than an older steam gauge/non-FMS airliner. However, once your proficient/comfortable, then you can start playing the fuel balance game. That ability to turn on/off the FE was one of the many things I liked about it.

• Upvote 1

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

56 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Though I love the Concorde, I refuse to vote for a near future development of this aircraft, as I wold like to see them finish the Airbus series  as planned (A321, A330, and hopefully 340--... Unless they can work on both aircraft in parallel. 

They can, and it would be done in parallel. Rest of the A320 family is releasing in the coming months. Just send the email ;)

• Upvote 1

I also am in the “No@ group. I say that for the same reason I didn’t buy the 747. To me it seems like an aircraft that has very little use for me. It’s now obsolete and to put all that time and energy into it will be in my opinion a wastebasket when we can focus on other aircraft that no one is paying attention too. 

Embraer E Jets, C series, ERJ’s. 

I will I’ll say if anyone will do it it will be them as they already have the original code they can develop further into from. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

The Concorde is legendary. Count me in!

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Flying it would be not dissimilar to the way the virtual flight engineer on the PMDG DC-6 works, I.e. On the real Concorde you had the FE operating the throttles most of the time. The fact that it had an old INS which was quite often unable to hold all the waypoints of an entire flight, meant that you'd have to be inserting new waypoint coordinates en-route too, so again that requires some teamwork to be flying the thing whilst putting that stuff in. And when it comes to getting it to Mach 2, even that requires a lot of coordination with the FE, you can't just firewall the throttles and have it do that, especially since you can't have it go supersonic until out over the ocean. It really was a team effort to fly it. But in a sim, and as with that PMDG DC-6, you can jump between positions and use pause if you want to do all of the crew jobs, which is the advantage of a PC flight sim.

That's really what makes operating Concorde interesting though, it's more akin to operating something like an Apollo command module than a typical airliner of the era, since the technology of the time was contemporary with Apollo 11, in fact many of the engineers on the Apollo program have said it was tougher as an engineering challenge to create Concorde than it was to build the Apollo spacecraft in many respects. You can see an example of that with things like the MiG 31 and the SR-71; the crews on those things were wearing pressure suits, the people on Concorde were in tee shirts, and the SR-71 would leak fuel on the ground and continue to do so until it expanded and the gaps sealed up when it was at speed, whereas you could smoke a cig on Concorde.

When I was on Concorde, one of the crew showed me gap between the cockpit FE station and the cabin bulkhead, it was maybe 3mm wide, whereas at Mach 2 you could fit your hand in there owing to how much the aircraft had expanded in length with the heat of going at that speed yet you could balance a coin on its edge on the tables. It really was more like a spaceship that an airliner, but the coolest, prettiest and smoothest one.

Absolutely amazing achievement that thing was, and to those who don't want one developed because it is old and no longer in service, I'd say, the Spitfire and the bf109 aren't eIther, nor the DC-3, and don't tell me you wouldn't like to try flying one of those!

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here