Sign in to follow this  
simbol

I need to vent!

Well i have two boys, one is in the Air Force so he's away playing with the real thing, and the other is too busy raging at the playstation to worry about interrupting my flights.

So all i have to worry about is the missus; easy fixed. I chuck on the headphones and play dumb when she tries to talk to me (can't hear you dear), and when she stands in front of me and starts waving her arms, just pretend she's the marshaller guiding me in to the stand.

• Upvote 2

At least you were distracted by bugs...

My wife and daughter have developed some 6th sense that tells them when I'm turning into final... 

They have hours (and I mean long-haul-flying kind of hours) to come up with anything they want, but no... it has to be on final approach.

Sometimes I wonder if they installed some spyware on my machine that alerts them when I'm below 10k AGL.

Anyhow...

• Upvote 3

Enrique Vaamonde

Sometimes I like recording a flight with my Iphone.

It is not the fitst time someione calls on approach and the recording stops...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 hours ago, simbol said:

Windows 10 decided it was a good idea to install updates on the middle of my flight, and what happened? it started touching libraries it should not and  PD3 CTD!

Hi Simbol let me add my sympathy on your experience, one I think most of us have experienced.

I might be preaching to the converted here (to use an old phrase) but I carried over one process that I was fastidious about in Win 7 and I believe it is fundamental to Win 10 and that is creating my own manual restore points. Don't know how many times that saved me when an install of mine or Windows went belly up.

The second thing I did early this year when I switched one of my machines to Win 10 was install O&O software's Shutup 10. I have mentioned it elsewhere in AVSIM a few times, it is free produced by a Microsoft partner and gives you considerable control back over Win 10. I have no interest in it other than it is a good product to permanently shutup up the invasive telemetry, Cortana and push back updates ads and other things it does.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10/update

If they fail me there is always the Jameson's!

ps forgot to mention it is freeware.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

30 nm from LSZH PDMG crashed due to a BUG!! because the FMC ran out of way points!

I think that a similar issue caused P3D to crash for me the other day. The first waypoint was (considerably) more than 5 degrees off the departure heading, so LNAV was not automatically engaged. When I noticed this, the 737 struggled to get anywhere near the planned trajectory for quite some time, and in the end it seemed to give up, and P3D crashed! In fact, I decided to change the first section of the flightplan because of this to try and avoid any further problems, and thankfully it worked :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Simbol,

I can totally relate.

At one part this comes from constant tinkering with something, because I usually have to deactivate most of my stuff, but most importantly AI for VATSIM and the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 tweak, so that I can boot my sim faster for various tests, but then when it comes to flying, it's always "something". Last time on A320, departure from EDDF, managed A/T went completely crazy after T/O. I lost managed speed completely, but at least it held the speed set on the MCP. I continued to LSZH, but who the hell knows what that was. Another try I forgot to activate my AI again, and of course the sim was already completely set up... and not to mention the usual 30min that I need to set up the flight, from programming, to charts, organization... bwah. And how do I hate when I then realize, after take off, that I forgot to press start on VPA page to have my flight pirep... or even worse, ntdll.dll error somewhere mid the flight... and of course, the worst thing of all is when ATC calls, and at the same time the wife... oh joy.

I still don't know of any game as touchy as p3d. I play P3Dv4, gta5, arma3, elite dangerous and rainbow 6 siege. 

None of them apart from P3Dv4 have a meltdown with a windows update or a new driver, you don't have to delete shaders, mess around with cfg files or have to worry about them randomly crashing. 

You can literary fire them up and not worry about them crashing. 

I often wonder sometimes if Tony Blair realised the extent of the damage he caused to this country in the 10 years in power by many of his decisions and policys.  In the same way I often wonder if Microsoft ever realised how badly they coded fsx which is what P3Dv4 stems from. 

I was doing a flight with my mate the other day and I said to him that when  P3Dv4 runs well with a top knotch addon it's a real achievement what LM and pmdg/fsl etc etc have done, you can do 2 sectors and think wow, I loved that. And realise why you love simming do much.  Maybe too much

Then a week later you cant get the  bloody thing to start to you start deleting start up files, then you get it open and active sky suddenly starts stalling your aircraft with wind shifts and then to top it all off you get a ntd.dll over northern Canada using fsrealtme.

I litteraty don't know any other game that can cause this much grief, but equally this much fun. 

I used to have a girlfriend a few years ago that did the exact same 

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

12 hours ago, vhufo said:

and when she stands in front of me and starts waving her arms, just pretend she's the marshaller guiding me in to the stand.

Not the same thing at all, when the marshaller tells you what to do with your plane, you should listen. 

As for those letting small children disrupt their flying, real airliners have crying babies on board, do you think the flight crew would interrupt their approach just for that?!?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

As for those letting small children disrupt their flying, real airliners have crying babies on board, do you think the flight crew would interrupt their approach just for that?!?

Wait until you have a child on your lap while you try to land with a 25knots crosswind.

EASA and FAA should put that as part of the ATP certification exam.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

Took a vector after takeoff got interrupted by the kids. Thought i engaged lnav and I would just land later. Came back and I was out in the middle of the Atlantic with a low fuel indicator lol. Anyways I have permanently disabled w10 updates using the group policy editor.  It's only  a sim PC and it works fine without updates for now. 

15 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Usually when I get everything running perfect, LM will somehow know this and release a new version. Then I start over again.

😢😥😓 and again. In 2017, Flying time and installations time compared, I spend more hours to install and finding solutions for a lot of problems and bugs... 

Simbol explain well the difficult some days to do a complete flight between bugs and our family needs.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Wait until you have a child on your lap while you try to land with a 25knots crosswind.

EASA and FAA should put that as part of the ATP certification exam.

Simbol 

Most of the pilots I've worked with act like spoilt children anyway 

14ppkc-6.png

Yep, P3D means a lot of fiddling around with software....

But once I am in the air, I only had one CTD since v4. Otherwise it is completely stable, no matter if PMDG or FSLabs... Runs perfect. The only thing that drives me crazy is the extremely slow autogen loading.

Another report, I have been having random Blue Screens of Death after the fall creators update, mostly when I use the PMDG and put my system under load.

After a week of fiddling it seems I had to update my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version and also my EVGA Z170K Motherboard BIOS to 2.02 in order to correct micro code problems that became alive under Windows 10 fall creator version, so finally after avoiding family members, avoiding PMDG bugs, Windows Updates and Microcode Bugs!!! I managed to perform a full flight from LSZH to EHAM.

Some pictures below:

8W7HocV.jpg

p8JxQ40.jpg

ByVtXgv.jpg

lhMSibx.jpg

xuBK9Kx.jpg

SS4IO68.jpg

KeFXMmJ.jpg

Note: All pictures are unedited, list of Add-on's shown on the pictures are Fly tampa EHAM, GSX, EZDOK, PMDG 737NG, AI Lights Reborn, PRO-ATCX, UTL, Active Sky + Active Sky Cloud, RESHADE 3.08.183 with custom made shaders bloom effects.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 2