Sign in to follow this  
simbol

I need to vent!

So here I am taking a day off from development and trying to perform some flights but no! everything is against me!

Flight 1:

LOWW to LSZH, using the phenom 300, Windows 10 decided it was a good idea to install updates on the middle of my flight, and what happened? it started touching libraries it should not and  PD3 CTD!

My 2 year old daughter wake up, so flight 1 cancelled.. 

Wife, sister in law and mother in law arrived, so I thought ok, lets try to flight again!

Flight 2:

EHAM to LSZH, this time I thought lets use the PMDG,  I managed to takeoff while my daughter was on my laps (Yes 3 people in the house but she decided to be with daddy), never mind she likes flying too so I did the best I could and she was enjoying it.

However it is very difficult and distracted I didn't put the correct FP on the FMC so there was a disruption of the route, I noticed it later and I thought ok no problem I will flight vectors later no issue as I will be almost at the destination but noooo, 30 nm from LSZH PDMG crashed due to a BUG!! because the FMC ran out of way points!, so no electrical, nothing worked, I declared an emergency and tried to land using visual references but unfortunately I could not deploy landing gear, no flaps, nothing as the whole PMDG systems crashed, so frustated I hit ALT+F4 and closed everything.

So I gave up.. now going to put my daughter to bed, I might try a Flight number 3! but to be honest I feel more like watching now a SCI-FI movie to clear my mind!

Don't you hate when these things happen? stupid PMDG bug! I am installing an update right now hoping to avoid this in the future!

Simbol

• Upvote 5

:laugh: I'm trying out some new planes I just bought, and my daughter arrives with grandson house turns into a madhouse. That's the end of my flying!!

I find the best times are early in morning and late at night.

• Upvote 3

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I feel your pain, i’ve definitely had days like that where for various reasons it takes several attempts to get a flight in.  The smart thing to do would be to stop and do something else, but when I get it into my head that I want to go flying...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

37 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Absolutely! :smile:

I can relate Simbol.  I have been having issues for two days.  I was having problems with ChasePlane updates because my internet connection is limping along right now and I couldn't get the update completed or stop the attempts to update.  Finally I got it and took off in the Q400 Dash 8 and the gear wouldn't  retract with the switch or manually.  Yes, I had removed the gear pins.  :huh:  Returned to the airport and I am about to try it again.  I wish both of us good luck.  :biggrin:

Bill

PS

Love your lighting mod. 

• Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

2 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

:laugh: I'm trying out some new planes I just bought, and my daughter arrives with grandson house turns into a madhouse. That's the end of my flying!!

No, the best times are with your daughter and grandson. 😊

• Upvote 1

Vic green

I know the feeling. Started up P3D V3 and entered the ifly 747 at Heathrow today and decided to fly to Brazil. 20 mins in and I am almost ready for pushback. Oh yes I need to enter my arrival info. Push a button on the FMC and Prepar3d has stopped working.....

Annoying. Happens once every 4-5 flights but always in different places with different aircraft.

Turned it off and loaded up Counter Strike instead.

Consider yourself already lucky..  My two girls when they're little all they wanted to do was to yank my plane to the ground so they could enjoy the big crash... 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

and I must admit I’m turning into one of those pathetic tweakers. When I do get time to sit behind the computer (usually after the fam goes to bed) I tweak. Usually it’s tweaking PTA colours or AI flight plans and liveries or installing new cloud textures. (again)

Usually when I get everything running perfect, LM will somehow know this and release a new version. Then I start over again.

Ive been fiddling with VR lately and that’s taking up most of my flying time tweaking. All those previous tweaks and cool 3rd party addons all gone to waste as I put my beloved P3Dv4 through a vigorous weight loss diet to lean it out for better VR performance.

Very painful.

Sure we love our Family

(after they’re in Bed) 😆

IM

I feel you mate, trying to land with my 4 months boy stucked on my left arm vruummmm booomm 137 virtual people dead!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

No, the best times are with your daughter and grandson. 😊

Aint that the truth!

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I was about to take off from KRIC and this stupid computer Win 10 started to update, no warning, everything went black. Sitting here now 15 min and its still saying "this will take awhile" ok going to bed and hope it works tomorrow.

I feel fortunate I still run Win 7.  No trying to muck up my computer when I'm using it.

Stephen Forsgren