Sign in to follow this  
Gustavos

Simmarket Account

Hello everyone, 

I need peoples advice i had a sim-market account which up until last month was fine, However my account had been taken over and my previous email address hacked, And it seems that purchases have been made on the account that wasn't me and charge backs have occurred, Now i opened a simmarket ticket in regards to finding out why the account was blacklisted, I Got a message from Jorge - Support telling me the reasons however to get the account back i have to pay 190 Euros!!! and that was it now they are actually being childish and constantly closing the Support ticket but want me to pay 190 euro for something i didnt even authorise on my simmarket account.

I have already spent over 300+ Euro on legitimate purchases that i made from years ago, I wasn't aware of purchases that wasn't made by me until a few days ago of trying to login, The customer service is so shocking for this company they have basically blacklisted the account i have with over 300+Euro of Legitmate paid products that i can provide proof for and all im getting told is that i have to pay 190!! Euros back to them because of a charge back that wasn't even nothing to do with me the account i had was compromised but simmarket doesn't seem to actually care, surely they cannot withhold Products that i have paid for legitimately up to over a year ago? i have no way of getting my downloads back that was paid by me, Does anyone know what i can do here or where i stand with legal action ? Surely this comes under the Consumer Rights act for digital goods, Any help appreciated,

Gustavos

I'm interested in how the "charge-backs occurred".

Far as I know there is no such thing at Sim Market, certainly when I tried to get a product refund way back, it didn't work for me

You need to talk to a lawyer in your country. You also need to deal with your credit card company and have the charges removed. Most companies will kill fraudulent charges if they are so notified. You also need to start looking at what is going on with your credit card(s) and notice immediately when these things happen. Finally, you need to use PayPal. There is no point in discussing this in this forum; you need legal help.

DJ

7 hours ago, WingZ said:

I'm interested in how the "charge-backs occurred".

Far as I know there is no such thing at Sim Market, certainly when I tried to get a product refund way back, it didn't work for me

A "charge-back" is not a refund. It happens whenever a credit card company reverses a transaction, usually as a result of a disputed charge. This typically occurs only at the request of a card holder, so I'm unsure how this could have happened. It wouldn't make sense for whoever stole the credit card information to do anything like this... :dry:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Gustavos for posting this. I have bought from simmarket before, but after reading you message I won't be buying from them again. They are not treating customers very well at all, it sounds  like to me.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thanks for the reply’s I shall be taking legal action against them, the fact that they have completely disabled access to the account is shocking I will also be filling for compensation for all the digital downloads I purchased years ago in excess of over 350 I’ve calculated they haven’t even responded to my support ticket Olaf - Support and Jorge - support just keep tending to close the support message I’m having to reply to reopen it shocking company simmarket is no loyalty at all never had this issue with simmarket until now I won’t be making any future purchases with them I’ll stick to another vendor 

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Thanks for the reply’s I shall be taking legal action against them, the fact that they have completely disabled access to the account is shocking I will also be filling for compensation for all the digital downloads I purchased years ago in excess of over 350 I’ve calculated they haven’t even responded to my support ticket Olaf - Support and Jorge - support just keep tending to close the support message I’m having to reply to reopen it shocking company simmarket is no loyalty at all never had this issue with simmarket until now I won’t be making any future purchases with them I’ll stick to another vendor 

Hope you get it worked out Gustavos.

I've seen enough RED FLAGS from this company so I just now deleted my account. Not taking any chances. Haven't bought anything from them in a long time anyway.

A few days after buying a product from their site a few months ago a mysterious charge appeared on my credit card 2 days later,  I immediately called my credit card company and put a stop on it, it was a bogus charge that reference a medical company and given that I monitor my usage very closely I knew I didn't make it. I have no way of really knowing if Simmarket had anything to do with it but I found the timing pretty coincidental? Haven't bought anything from them since! I'm now suspicious about their security for online purchases?

hello all.

What I really cannot understand is how anyone can get credit from any of these retailers. Sim Market to my knowledge does not and will not provide credit and this applies to all, repeat all, online retailers to my knowledge. How on earth anyone can get a "charge back" is well beyond me. I understand none of this and if there has been a credit supplied then who vetted that application.  Summat very very wrong here. Can someone even show me how one applies for  "credit" on the Sim Market site (or any flight sim distributor site for that matter) 

This is very very very smelly

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

A chargeback is when someone has bought something on a credit card and downloaded the product. 

Then the true owner of the Card notices and complains to the Card issuer who then takes the money back from the store and corrects the car holders account. 

Ive had bad experience recently with one of my cards being hijacked. I’ve learned a lesson and will NEVER again buy online without using PayPal. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Are you sure you're dealing with the real Sim Market?

If someone has hacked your email, stolen your credit card, and compromised your online accounts, I'd say a bit of flightsim software is the least of your worries...

I understood what the OP posted very well.

According to the OP,

He has an account at Simmarket, and used it to purchase stuff there on his credit card.

Someone stole his account information, including his credit card (or Paypal ) info and purchased stuff for themselves using the OP's Simmarket account.

Then that same bad someone pulled another trick, he complained to Paypal or the Credit Card company that they got a bad product from Simmarket. And so Paypal or the Credit Card company did a charge back on Simmarket, i.e. Paypal or Credit Card Co. took money away from Simmarket.

At which time Simmarket closed the OP's account, thereby losing the OP his access to reinstalling all the stuff he had purchased there.

And now Simmarket will not communicate with the OP about the problem, i.e. Simmarket is angry because Simmarket lost money.

I am not saying any of the above is true, I am only saying that is the OP's story, as best as I can read his post.

Simmarket should in fact be putting at least tentative and at least skeptical belief in the OP's story and therefore working to make the OP whole again, thus restoring Simmarket's reputation on the internet.

The OP states Simmarket is not doing that at all.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

And their website is down today, haven't been able to access it for several hours, and so is FSPilotshop. Wonder if hackers got to them?

I have purchased over 50 add-ons from simmarket over the past 3-4 years and never had an accounts problem (using Paypal), but I have tried to get product support a few times without much success. They tend to just shake their heads and refer you to the developer. It is probably typical of a high-volume / low-margin business where customer care takes a back-seat to pushing products.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit