Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

PMDG Sim Center in Midwest

Recommended Posts

Quick question for the PMDG staff. I recall about a year ago (or more) that PMDG announced a partnership with FDS and was planning a Sim Center featuring the 747-400. Is there any followup to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's going to be on the east coast.  KHEF if I'm not mistaken, just south of Washington Dulles.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Quick question for the PMDG staff. I recall about a year ago (or more) that PMDG announced a partnership with FDS and was planning a Sim Center featuring the 747-400. Is there any followup to this?

East Coast: KHEF (just south of KIAD)

B747-8 Sim, so, as one might expect, given that the 8 isn't out yet...no :laugh:

 

Midwest? I'm curious as to where that idea came from. I don't think you'd catch any of us dead there...especially me. My family is from North Dakota. Visited once (to include Saskatchewan). That was more than enough.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

East Coast: KHEF (just south of KIAD)

B747-8 Sim, so, as one might expect, given that the 8 isn't out yet...no :laugh:

 

Midwest? I'm curious as to where that idea came from. I don't think you'd catch any of us dead there...especially me. My family is from North Dakota. Visited once (to include Saskatchewan). That was more than enough.

Hahaha! Yeah I must of just sputtered an area with no real recollection. KIAD seems like its ringing a bell now. Didn't realize it was the -800. Awesome, it'll be interesting to see what avionics suite (Maybe PSX?) and how the control cursor units work once this is all formalized. 

I've built and maintained a couple 737NG sims from FDS and Agronn in my past line of work so these kinds of things are right up my alley. Will Nat from Nat Vis be doing the visuals? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Hahaha! Yeah I must of just sputtered an area with no real recollection. KIAD seems like its ringing a bell now. Didn't realize it was the -800. Awesome, it'll be interesting to see what avionics suite (Maybe PSX?) and how the control cursor units work once this is all formalized. 

I've built and maintained a couple 737NG sims from FDS and Agronn in my past line of work so these kinds of things are right up my alley. Will Nat from Nat Vis be doing the visuals? 

Angelo, What PSX has to do with it? It will run with our 747-8 software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Didn't realize it was the -800.

It isn't the 800, either. That doesn't exist.

4 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Maybe PSX?

Why would we spend all this time making software, only to use someone else's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

It isn't the 800, either. That doesn't exist.

Why would we spend all this time making software, only to use someone else's?

Sorry meant the -8, and now I am getting. If you rewind about 3-4 years ago it was very challenging to incorporate full flight decks that ran off the PMDG platform. Most of my comments come from that timeframe so I am now being reminded of the advancement and project direction. 

I am very pleased to hear this and am even more eager to see what lies ahead. While companies like ProSim, PSX, Project Magenta are great. They all have their pros and cons, so it will be very nice to have PMDG software running with the flight model and systems logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

If you rewind about 3-4 years ago it was very challenging to incorporate full flight decks that ran off the PMDG platform. Most of my comments come from that timeframe so I am now being reminded of the advancement and project direction. 

Yep. I think the 744 has a bit of the basics in the background, as the 8 will build on it, but our primary testing is on the 8 software to the 8 hardware, and what we learn there should be rolled back and/or carried over as appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

East Coast: KHEF (just south of KIAD)

B747-8 Sim, so, as one might expect, given that the 8 isn't out yet...no :laugh:

 

Midwest? I'm curious as to where that idea came from. I don't think you'd catch any of us dead there...especially me. My family is from North Dakota. Visited once (to include Saskatchewan). That was more than enough.

Well, I'm watching "Fargo" at the moment, so I can see where you're coming from. Looks nice, but might get a bit boring in the winter. 

Dublin is actually higher (53 degrees North) but because of the Gulf-Stream, we very rarely get snow in these parts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Well, I'm watching "Fargo" at the moment, so I can see where you're coming from. Looks nice, but might get a bit boring in the winter. 

My grandma gave me a shirt that said "Minot: 32 below to keep the riffraff out."

I think that says enough, on multiple issues...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

East Coast: KHEF (just south of KIAD)

B747-8 Sim, so, as one might expect, given that the 8 isn't out yet...no :laugh:

 

Midwest? I'm curious as to where that idea came from. I don't think you'd catch any of us dead there...especially me. My family is from North Dakota. Visited once (to include Saskatchewan). That was more than enough.

Lol... 14 years ago I was in Grand Forks with a student exchange... The UND, GF AFB, Cirrus and a potato factory are pretty much everything I have seen of the USA :biggrin: OK, we did a weekend trip to the Mall of America in Minneapolis but that’s actually been the highlight xD But hey, at the UND I‘ve been inside of one of the very first Premier 1 aircraft :D and inside a KC135 on the Air Force base ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

we did a weekend trip to the Mall of America in Minneapolis but that’s actually been the highlight xD

Keep that one quiet...might give Paul flashbacks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle, What is the mission of the PMDG sim center?

Cockpit orientation for professional pilots?

Entertainment....,I mean training for PMDG staff?

Purchasable sim time for the public?

Training for purchasers of the PMDG 747-8?

Just curious,

Ted Striker

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The purpose is to lure fellow simmers into looking for this simulator and having them check for the status every 6 months for the last 3 years and finding there is no real news on it.  (wow - Pauly's mad).  I gave up on it -  I booked my full motion 777 last week in sunny Miami for February and will make take my golf clubs along as well  (Pauly likes golf too).  I bet the LD757 comes out before the PMDG sim is complete (wow Pauly's is crazy).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this