I am just wondering if there are any rumors out there of any updates to any good payware versions of KORD in 2018.  I know FSdreamteam is planning on an update but I couldn't see much on their progress.  Are there any other projects planned?  It is a shame we don't have an up to date, quality O'Hare at this point. 

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSDT is the only one I know of doing ORD, does anyone know what the deal with it is? It’s been in development for years.

FsdreamTeam obviously hates re-doing old airports, they never are able to fully finish them, and when they do, they aren't much improvement. All they do is just work on new airports.

I wouldn't spend much time waiting for FSDT to re-do KORD

Latest from June 2017 was that it will take some time due to it being remade from the ground up. That was pretty much it but it’s nice to know it wasn’t abandoned...

Umberto said late 2018 and has absolutely nothing to show as of yet.

• Upvote 1

Sucks really, I have FSDT KORD but its hardly useable its so out of date, all the taxi ways have changed let alone the new runway.

The Scenery is completely different to modern charts. I avoid flying in/out of Chicago unfortunately. 

34 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

Sucks really, I have FSDT KORD but its hardly useable its so out of date, all the taxi ways have changed let alone the new runway.

The Scenery is completely different to modern charts. I avoid flying in/out of Chicago unfortunately. 

Same here, can't remember the last time I flew to KORD because of these issues. Cannot understand why other scenery developers aside from FSDT haven't done this airport, it would be a money making project seeing it's one of the major USA airports. Don't hold your breath waiting for FSDT.

I use Ray Smith's KORD and fixed the taxi links with ADE.  It's up-to-date and easy on frame rates.  

blaustern

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I use Ray Smith's KORD and fixed the taxi links with ADE.  It's up-to-date and easy on frame rates.  

blaustern

Do you use that with the default scenery or with the old FSdreamteam?  I am using the runway and taxiway config from ShezA and that is great in terms of having accurate runways and taxiways but it still has the default terminals and everything else.  If there would be a way to combine that with the FSdreamteam stuff that would be neat. 

Just now, Zimmerbz said:

Do you use that with the default scenery or with the old FSdreamteam? 

Default scenery.  I have FSDT KORD but do not use it.

blaustern

Just now, Bluestar said:

Default scenery.  I have FSDT KORD but do not use it.

blaustern

Ok.. That is what I figured.  Being spoiled by 3rd party airports, it makes it very hard for me to fly back into defaults.  It takes the fun out of it for me.  ORD is my base airport too so I guess i'll have to keep with the default for the time being.  Having Chicago Cities X helps a bit when landing to the west coming off of Lake Michigan. 

30 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Having Chicago Cities X helps a bit when landing to the west coming off of Lake Michigan. 

Really? I also live in the area and was wondering if I should pull the trigger on this. Is it worth it and how does it blend in with ORBX?

The city looks pretty good but it doesn't blend in very well with Orbx at all.  You can very easily see where they two meet.  For what is out there it is fine, and a good band aid until something better is released if ever. I live in the city pretty much directly west of Wrigley a mile or so and right under the approach path for 27L and 28C so for me it is neat when flying those approaches.  However, since the airport is boring to fly into at the moment, I don't do it very often.   

MDW from FlyTampa looks a lot better, so I've been flying in and out of it a lot more than ORD, unless I'm flying in/out of the Country.

Yeah, I have MDW and like it a lot

Now ORD is an airport I’d love to see FlyTampa or Flightbeam take on.

I have the fsdt version installed but really I don’t know why...it’s so out of date I never fly there...too difficult with runway changes etc.

Thanks, I'm going to uninstall the FSDT version for now and try that.

5 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Yeah, I have MDW and like it a lot

Same here. I prefer O’Hare but it’s crazy that we can’t have FSDT terminals with accurate runways. I now fly all domestics into Midway.

The good news is that Shez Asari (of SunSkyJet) has about to finish a freeware KORD. Obviously not payware quality, and not the same quality as the SSJ KPHL or KDTW (the latter still in the works but getting closer), but it's far better than anything else out there for this must have airport!

Visit the SunSkyJet website for additional information.  If you love his scenery as most everyone does, please consider making a donation to offset his costs. We all think about doing it, but few actually ever do.  Your support is so important to one of the only Freeware Airport Makers left in the FSX/P3D community!

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The good news is that Shez Asari (of SunSkyJet) has about to finish a freeware KORD.

Oh yeah? Nice. I've raided their forum and Facebook and did not find any info on this.

What, you mean pilots haven't enjoyed using the old FSDT O'Hare X and playing the wonderful game of which ILS freq works with which runway.  lol  

7 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Oh yeah? Nice. I've raided their forum and Facebook and did not find any info on this.

Well we all have different research skill levels. LOL!  Anyway, that's how I found out about it, and I've provided you with the info you need to as well!

Best wishes.

8 hours ago, Drumcode said:

There must be something wrong with us Jacek.  I did the same thing with the same results.  The only thing a forum search turned up for me was Shez saying he would NOT be doing KORD (along with a few other airports).  Lots on the impending KDTW, but...

Scott

I have never seen anything on SSJ website or Facebook about ORD.