Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado PA31-310 Navajo Mod v1.0

Hi Bill, 

I'm still working on this. One question - inside the panel folder is the PA31_Custom folder. Does that remain as is with the Gauge_CLOCK_DIG.xml file inside and the PA31_Custom folder inside the panel folder or should it be placed in the FSX/P3D Main Gauges folder? 

Many thanks. By the way, really enjoying the new C340 mod, Thanks again. 

Parson

Les,

That is the correct arrangement.  It should remain in the panel folder. 

Also, make sure the file is referenced in the panel.cfg.  It should look like this:

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=1
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_2

gauge00=GAUGE_PA31310!Radios2,  14,231,485,162
gauge01=Radio_PA31310!RadioAudio,  14,4,484,94
gauge02=GAUGE_PA31310!Radio_KR87_ADF,  0,396,485,100
gauge03=PA31_Custom!Gauge_CLOCK_DIG,  0,0,1,1
gauge04=GAUGE_PA31310!Radio_KN62A_DME2,  0,113,485,100
gauge05=CARSound_PA31310x64!CarSound,  0,0,1,1
gauge06=PA31310_WX!WXGauge,  0,0,1,1
gauge07=TOGGLES!ToggleGTN750,  7,226,92,45
gauge08=TOGGLES!ToggleGTN750_2,  109,227,98,42

Bill

2 hours ago, whamil77 said:

Bill thanks for the mod. A bit complicated bit will give it a go.
I notice there is no mention of the panel folder as such in the install instructions.
I assume all of the stuff inside your mod panel folder just gets copied into the PA31 panel folder?

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

9 hours ago, whamil77 said:

Bill, also wondering about the "Sound.TIO540" folder. Is this just copied over or does it have to be re-named to "Sound" and thus replacing the original? I notice most of the paints in the aircraft.cfg have "sound=" except for number 7 which has "sound=TIO540". ?

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

1 hour ago, gboz said:

Bill, also wondering about the "Sound.TIO540" folder. Is this just copied over or does it have to be re-named to "Sound" and thus replacing the original? I notice most of the paints in the aircraft.cfg have "sound=" except for number 7 which has "sound=TIO540". ?

Thanks,
gb.

The panel folder should be merged with the original and overwrites allowed.  Of course, always back up your original files.  The sound.TIO540 folder should remain as is.  If you like that sound set you can use it for any of the paints by setting "sound=TIO540" for them. 

Hi Bill, thanks for this mod and all your other ones.  Your time and effort is very much appreciated.

Dave

6 minutes ago, DaveR997 said:

Hi Bill, thanks for this mod and all your other ones.  Your time and effort is very much appreciated.

Dave

Let me second that and offer a sincere hats-off for your efforts as we eagerly await your next release. 

Just now, Les Parson said:

Let me second that and offer a sincere hats-off for your efforts as we eagerly await your next release. 

The same here, think that bill mods bring to life part of Carenado hangar, and keep better and better the best releases.... !  

Invaluable effort and time. Always well deserved! 

7 hours ago, whamil77 said:

The panel folder should be merged with the original and overwrites allowed.  Of course, always back up your original files.  The sound.TIO540 folder should remain as is.  If you like that sound set you can use it for any of the paints by setting "sound=TIO540" for them. 

Great, I got it all working.

Many thanks,

gb.

I too am very thankful for all of Bill's mods and the work he has done to make them available to us. Each mod has made a big improvement in these aircraft.

Hi Whamil, 

I recently came across your mods for the Carenado navajo. If you get a chance could you shoot those over to colearthurmusic(at)gmail(dot)com? I've also been trying to get the autopilot nav mod to follow my Flight1 Gns530. I'm was hoping your autopilot rebuild might solve that but would you have any suggestions otherwise? 

Thanks!

Edited by charliearon
edit email to prevent spam

On 2/17/2018 at 10:47 PM, whamil77 said:

Just finished the mod to the Navajo.  Includes:

1.  Completely rebuilt KFC-200 Autopilot to more closely comply with the operator's manual.  (Manufacturer's manual included)

2.  Corrected Low Fuel Flow annunciators to more accurately reflect the real-world Navajo.

3.  Performance adjustments to bring the simulator closer to real-world and POH performance numbers.

4. Correct fuel system functionality.  Gauges now show quantity of the selected tank.  Crosfeed works correctly.  Tanks can be switched without engine immediately quitting.

5. Main and baggage door ajar now displays correctly on the annunicator panel.

6. The normal optional throttle and prop matching algorithm.

7. Small FDE changes for flying qualities and performance.

This mod was tested only with the Flight1 GTN 750.  It should work with the default nav...I just didn't test it.

Folks on the list will receive the Mod automatically. 

Anyone who would like to try the mod can PM me a request and an email address and I'll send it along. 

Hey, can I get your mod? My email is hbforbar(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks!

Does anyone here still have Bill's mod for the Navajo?  I would appreciate your sending me a copy.  Please pm me for my email address.

Thanks!

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I too am very interested in applying this mod to my PA31 Navajo. As an ex Navajo pilot (circa 1976/1980) I would like 'my' aircraft to be as close to real as I can make it.

As above, please PM me if you have a copy and i will reply with e-mail etc.

Thanks for all help received,

John

PS Stewart - were you successful?

Edited by roadrabbit149

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;