Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Carenado Fokker 50 - Anyone?

where are you guys, buying it from, I can't seem to get it from the Carenado site. :huh:

Capt. Robert Rixx

1 hour ago, FireRx said:

where are you guys, buying it from, I can't seem to get it from the Carenado site. :huh:

Bought it from Carenado - just checked their site and it's still there! Click products and then your platform and it is at the very top of the list. 

Bill

Yeah it keeps asking for a secondary CC with my pay pal card,  That Pay pal has a $5k limit on it with no balance and should be good enough for a $45 aircraft purchase.   I refuse to give out my credit card out  on top of my PayPal card,  That's the whole point of having Pay pal to have that extra layer of protection on online purchased.  I guess I'll have to wait til the outside vendors start to sell it. :ohmy:

Capt. Robert Rixx

2 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Yeah it keeps asking for a secondary CC with my pay pal card, 

That's strange - I was able to buy it from Carenado using PayPal without having to give out any additional CC details.

Bill

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Engine management is still a riddle for me.. there are push buttons with TO  CLMB  CRZ etc.. not sure how that relates to the manual throttle... will be fun learning it all :cool:

Bert, this seems like a useful source of information on the Fokker's engine systems:

http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/Fokker_50-Power_Plant.pdf

At least it might supplement the almost non-existent information on engine management in the Carenado documentation!

Bill

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, scianoir said:

That's strange - I was able to buy it from Carenado using PayPal without having to give out any additional CC details.

Bill

yeah I thought it strange too:happy:

Capt. Robert Rixx

19 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Bert, this seems like a useful source of information on the Fokker's engine systems:

At least it might supplement the almost non-existent information on engine management in the Carenado documentation!

Bill

That is a good first step.. thanks!  :cool:

Bert

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK from me as well, after one flight..

GTN750 steers the autopilot, after first searching for it in the cockpit (shift+3 provides the GTN option..)..

Engine management is still a riddle for me.. there are push buttons with TO  CLMB  CRZ etc.. not sure how that relates to the manual throttle... will be fun learning it all :cool:

Hi Bert,

From Carenado's panel management tutorial on Youtube, apparently you push the throttles to 100% and press the corresponding management button. That will then set the prop RPM. Eg, T/O and G/A will give you 100% prop RPM, cruise and climb gives you 85%. I haven't confirmed this myself as yet but that's how it is supposed to work.

Murray Dreyer

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

Bill

Perfect thx Bill... nice read.

Cheers T.

So Far so good. This is the best Fokker 50 for many years. And I am Flying Flightsimulators for many, many years. What I miss in the simple FMS that you cannot change weight from Lbs into Kg.

So far I am Satisfied and I think the price/ quality is worth it. Hopefully that Carenado can make a Fokker with APU. The Fokkers with Apu have a longer Engine Nacelle on starboard than the one without.,

Leodirk

8 hours ago, FireRx said:

yeah I thought it strange too:happy:

Might be worth contacting PayPal to see whether this should have happened and why as it defeats the whole purpose of having that extra layer of protection 😕

Bill

29 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Might be worth contacting PayPal to see whether this should have happened and why as it defeats the whole purpose of having that extra layer of protection 😕

Bill

Nothing to do with PayPal, I wen't to simMarket and bought some scenery directly afterward. and trans went through weout asking for an extra cc. :mellow:

Capt. Robert Rixx

10 hours ago, mdreyer said:

Hi Bert,

From Carenado's panel management tutorial on Youtube, apparently you push the throttles to 100% and press the corresponding management button. That will then set the prop RPM. Eg, T/O and G/A will give you 100% prop RPM, cruise and climb gives you 85%. I haven't confirmed this myself as yet but that's how it is supposed to work.

Interesting, so the documentation is on Youtube... one never stops learning  :happy:

Thanks for this!

Bert

12 hours ago, mdreyer said:

From Carenado's panel management tutorial on Youtube

Trying to find this on You Tube but I can't! The only thing that comes up on searching for their Fokker 50 is their promotional video from a month ago and the Vatsim video posted on this thread earlier. Would it be possible to provide a link to it?

Bill