FlyTampa's Boston Released!!

On 26/2/2018 at 8:52 PM, Nyxx said:

Just did a FPS test.

With FSL A320 AS etc.

Simobjects shadows ON and receive ON.

Clouds shadows ON and max distance.

FPS locked at 25

FSL-FPS-TEST.jpg 

David did you also have Aerosoft Boston City installed ? i have openLC NA but not sure how well the city is done.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 26/2/2018 at 7:29 PM, Nyxx said:

FSL A320 

Full ovecase weather

UTL max 30 traffic

AS min cloud draw 140 miles

FPS locked at 25

Stayed there for all pre-flight and take off.

I posted a screenshot on page one with all airport options on with a default aircraft, 41 FPS.

I turn off grass/cars anything that's almost never seen and the airport can keep the grass cut

David did you also have Aerosoft Boston City installed ? i have openLC NA but not sure how well the city is done.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

David did you also have Aerosoft Boston City installed ?

No just NA OLC

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have Boston City installed, no ORBX and getting about 30 FPS.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 2/24/2018 at 1:42 PM, F737NG said:

Why? Buy direct from the developer, they get much more of their customers' cash.

Affirm.

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, pgde said:

I have Boston City installed, no ORBX and getting about 30 FPS.

Thanks for the feed back, not that my wall:laugh:et is running out(it does - my son just turned 18 and it cost my a ... alot :laugh:) and for somehow i could not be the dad that , "aviation"  was the future for him . Anyway he will hopefully look into longterms like geo terms for all of us :mellow::gaul:not thinking Mars is the solution. 

Anyhow - The Flytampa KBOS is amazing in alot of ways (havent tested everything)

FPS is at least 25 with everything like David said in 4K using the configurator

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I, too, cannot activate the Boston Rebooted download.

Seems I get this message:

"Data File Missing, please ensure you also downloaded C:\Users\ (name)\App Data\Roaming\IDM\Fly Tampa\Boston_Rebooted.dat"

I've tried to download what I see as Dat program I SimMarket, but it comes up as gibberish.

What's the secret to putting these 2 files together so that I can activate my purchase?

Stan

57 minutes ago, spilok said:

I, too, cannot activate the Boston Rebooted download.

Seems I get this message:

"Data File Missing, please ensure you also downloaded C:\Users\ (name)\App Data\Roaming\IDM\Fly Tampa\Boston_Rebooted.dat"

I've tried to download what I see as Dat program I SimMarket, but it comes up as gibberish.

What's the secret to putting these 2 files together so that I can activate my purchase?

Stan

You don't need to do anything. The .dat file is read automatically by the exe file. Just make sure both are in the same folder.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Rafal,

Thanks.  That link worked.

Stan

On 2/25/2018 at 6:40 AM, simbio said:

Does it install with the new add-on folder method or directly on P3D folder?

Looking for an answer to this one, but can’t seem to locate it. 

Which method is FlyTampa using to do the install? If they are using the legacy scenery.cfg method, has anyone successfully installed it via the addon.xml method??

thx.

17 minutes ago, orbmis said:

Looking for an answer to this one, but can’t seem to locate it. 

Which method is FlyTampa using to do the install? If they are using the legacy scenery.cfg method, has anyone successfully installed it via the addon.xml method??

thx.

It installs to the root P3D folder \FlyTampa\Boston folder. But it uses the addon.xml method.

Spoiler

MnLPPwS.png

Edited by bills511

19 hours ago, bills511 said:

It installs to the root P3D folder \FlyTampa\Boston folder. But it uses the addon.xml method.

Reveal hidden contents

MnLPPwS.png

Hi Bill, 

Thanks for the info,,, do you know if the user can select -where- it is installed, I.e. outside of the root P3D?

Mike

21 hours ago, orbmis said:

Hi Bill, 

Thanks for the info,,, do you know if the user can select -where- it is installed, I.e. outside of the root P3D?

Mike

Installing into another location outside the Prepar3D folder.
This Addon must be installed into the main Prepar3D folder at first, but it can be moved to different location afterwards. To do so, simply let the Installation complete, exit the FlyTampa-Configurator Tool in case it is running and use Windows’ File Explorer to move the whole FlyTampa folder structure from \Prepar3D v4\FlyTampa\ to another location. It is vital that you move the whole FlyTampa folder and not just the Airport subfolder, otherwise the FlyTampa-Configurator Tool will no longer work. Afterwards you need to re-add the entries to Prepar3D’s “add-ons.cfg” by running each /FlyTampa/Airport/ Add-toP3D.cmd or by using one of the three methods described above.
In case of an update or when installing another FlyTampa Addon at a later date after having moved the folder, simply install the new Addon into the main Prepar3D folder as usual and move the folder again afterwards. When asked to overwrite existing files from a previously moved FlyTampa folder, click yes to overwrite all the files.

Above from FT Install Documentation

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Edited by Tokitaumelie