Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

Before buying QualityWings Boeing 787

Hello everybody,
Before buying I would like to have some feedback about QualityWings Boeing 787 for FSX
thank you in advance

Dom

Here ya go!  You can read through 6 pages of "Been there, done that!"

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'm curious to know if it works well on latest Windows 10. Their 757 has been something of a mess between missing fonts and gauges that refuse to load (yes I know the workarounds).

Barry Friedman

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Here ya go!  You can read through 6 pages of "Been there, done that!"

thanks for the answer, but sorry reading all the posts I did not learn anything about the QW 787 for FSX

Dom

I have bought this when it came out. It does have its issues. I think you can look at the general post in the QW forum and get an idea of the issues some are having. I have experienced FPS in the high teens to low twenties with stutters also. I run W7 with an above average system. Personally, I would wait until it's release for P3D mainly for the VAS hit. There are many good aircraft sims out there right now, if I knew how this was going to be I would have waited until V4 version was released.

I'm not knocking QW but if I compare the 787  to TFDi's 717 response to their product's issues TFDi wins hands down. The 787 Dispatcher system broke after the first hot fix and has yet to be addressed ( 3 months elapsed). You have to load fuel through the sim along with some other issues. That is supposed to be addressed in the first service pack; release date unknown. 

The 787 has good potential but you will have to deal with some nagging issues. 

Edited by dheyer

Dwight Heyer

Thanks Dwight, guess I'll wait for an SP to arrive before getting this one.

Barry Friedman

Any news regarding the Prepar3D V4 version?

I have no expectations of seeing it this year, but one can always hope... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Guest JustanotherPilot
8 hours ago, seahawks said:

thanks for the answer, but sorry reading all the posts I did not learn anything about the QW 787 for FSX

Dom

Perhaps you could search it on YouTube, there are numerous reviews, how to's and flight videos which should answer any and all of your questions.

Since it's distributed through Flight1, you always have the option of a refund.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

11 hours ago, seahawks said:

Dom

So go to the QW site here http://www.qualitywingssim.com/documentation.html and download the manual and tutorial and learn everything you ever wanted to know.

DJ

Thank you for the answer, and the information. I will wait before buying, it seems to me that they have not yet reached the PMDG level

And thank you all, for taking the time to answer me

Dom

You're welcome - wait for SP1 and realize their goal is not to make a PMDG level simulation, but to exceed the detail of their previous aircraft.

DJ

I purchased Captain Sim 777 and wasn't impressed but it was cheaper than PMDG. I hope they might come out with a 787 or A380.

23 minutes ago, Jammerjonn said:

I purchased Captain Sim 777 and wasn't impressed but it was cheaper than PMDG. I hope they might come out with a 787 or A380.

If they do it won’t be for FSX. CaptSim announced they won’t developer any new FSX content.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator