Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

PMDG FSExpo Announcement

1 hour ago, mtrainer said:

It will be their own brand of beer.  Specifically formulated to make low visibility landings even more challenging for those who think they've mastered it.

Mark Trainer

Like it, like it!

"Drink PMDG Kyle Lite - To Enjoy To The Fullest; RTFM"

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, zclark said:

Some really good theories as to what the announcement could be.

I agree with many of you that this won’t be another aircraft.  If PMDG has been working on this since 2008, this is something on the scale of a major addon.

Looking at some of the gaps that remain with FSX/P3D, it might be one of the following:

• Global AFCAD update – What good is having current nav charts and nav data when the airport you are operating out of visually represents what it looked like over a decade ago and doesn’t account for new or updated runways, runway designations, taxiways, ramp and terminal areas not to mention the many new airports that came online since the release of FSX. The thought crossed my mind again when I saw the airport moving map display for their upcoming 747-8. I can think of a number of airports where the moving map won’t represent the default airport AFCAD.  If PMDG has a partnership with Navigraph, this might be another opportunity. Maybe in the form of a subscription service where airport updates are released quarterly or annually.
  • Some sort of airline career or airline operations addon - Something that adds more immersion into their airline / cargo line of products. 

Whatever it is, I’m excited and look forward to it.

While I'd love for some kind of global AFCAD update service (from PMDG or any other company who want to start filling this gap), Robert has already said a Navigraph subscription is not needed for the moving map, so I'd guess they're parsing the sim data, so what's rendered in the sim world is the same data used to make the map. This would be the only solution really, else it'd be a nightmare.

Building on the last point, maybe they've been heavily investing in some kind of ACARS infrastructure which VAs can use for their pilots using PMDG aircraft?

36 minutes ago, squerble said:

While I'd love for some kind of global AFCAD update service (from PMDG or any other company who want to start filling this gap), Robert has already said a Navigraph subscription is not needed for the moving map, so I'd guess they're parsing the sim data, so what's rendered in the sim world is the same data used to make the map. This would be the only solution really, else it'd be a nightmare.

Building on the last point, maybe they've been heavily investing in some kind of ACARS infrastructure which VAs can use for their pilots using PMDG aircraft?

That's an interesting theory Karl, but I really don't see that as a likely candidate for "The Big Announcement"

VA's - and I've done a few! have, generally their own reporting software - how could one possibly integrate all the different VA's ACARS into one piece of code? It would be chaos.

Also, think about what Raz has been established as saying: "...a new line of products..."; that's a plural.

I'm sticking to my original post - joking aside - it's hardware based. Should be interesting whatever it is.

Failing that it's as other posters have stated; Skin Care Products or just maybe; a beer launch.

Out of all the speculation so far; I'd like the Beer Launch. I reckon that's as good a guess as any as the one thing we do know is that the masters of flightsim; PMDG; keep their hands close to their chests when it's a biggie. And this is going to be a biggie. Game changer in fact.

Edited by Guest

A350?

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

2 hours ago, olspsd08 said:

A350?

Nope.

Although that would be bl**dy nice though. But it's Airbus, and PMDG don't do Airbus.

Edited by Guest

Virtual cabins? :biggrin:

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Ok, Let me Guess ! ... I can't think of anything but a Sim center ! I think it will be up to be booked by Simmers and so dreams come true for those who can't afford buying or building a home cockpit !

6 hours ago, beachdog2001 said:

Virtual cabins? :biggrin:

Really doubt it. Since it's a product-line it implies it's something which is independent of their existing products.

37 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

Ok, Let me Guess ! ... I can't think of anything but a Sim center ! I think it will be up to be booked by Simmers and so dreams come true for those who can't afford buying or building a home cockpit !

Could be indeed. It may also be something which is completely 'irrelevant' for the majority of us 'desk-chair pilots'. I could imagine some kind of new product-series which caters to the professional and commercial side of PMDG's roadmap...

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I dream of the whole 727 family :biggrin:

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

1 minute ago, Rhinozherous said:

I dream of the whole 727 family

Robert has already said that if he had the time, he would've done the 707 and 727 ... so that might be :biggrin:

I don't know what it will be. We will know in due time...

But frankly

- A 707/727 is as unasked for like a DC6

- I doubt it will be an aircraft. 10 years development time! 

Let's see what it is

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Really doubt it. Since it's a product-line it implies it's something which is independent of their existing products.

Could be indeed. It may also be something which is completely 'irrelevant' for the majority of us 'desk-chair pilots'. I could imagine some kind of new product-series which caters to the professional and commercial side of PMDG's roadmap...

Doubt it. Wouldn't be announcing it at FSExpo if it was 'irrelevant' to desk-chair pilots - as you call us.

I reckon it could be a dedicated line of PMDG developed FNPT II, FTD simulators. Starting from the NGX all the way to the 747's. It could take a few years to put together something like that.

"June is way too freaking far to keep guessing":bengong:

1 hour ago, ganter said:

Doubt it. Wouldn't be announcing it at FSExpo if it was 'irrelevant' to desk-chair pilots - as you call us.

Hmm... you may be right. I still really doubt it's a new plane. If it's something which has been in development for the last 10 years, I'm fairly certain, it's something completely new, and doesn't relate to anything in their existing product-lines.

Btw - what's wrong with 'desk chair pilots'??? :blink:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I think being a "product line" doesn't really stop it being an aircraft, it could be a 787 product line, starting with the 787-8 base pack, followed by the 787-9 expansion, and eventually the 787-10 expansion. (In the same way that the 777-200LR/777F base pack led to the 777-300ER expansion.) And with the 787's sophistication and complexities, it could have been a project started in 2008 that finally achieved the necessary breakthroughs with P3Dv4. The latest PMDG innovations revealed with the 747-8 (moving maps, EFB integration, charts etc) also happen to be steps towards the sophisticated flight deck of the 787.

Given PMDG's longstanding relationship with Boeing I wouldn't really expect a PMDG Airbus - but always happy to be proven wrong.

That said, I would also be pretty excited about a PMDG line of medium-range sim hardware (Boeing-style yokes, throttle quadrants in 737/747/777 varieties, MCPs, etc).

(Mind you, a PMDG line of skin care products would be pretty cool, too.)

Edited by cathay808