Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

Piston twins

Hey guys,

Still on the hunt for a decent P3D v.4.2 piston twin. Had high hopes fo new Milviz Cessna 310 r but once again they make a plane where instrument, panel and cockpitlights are not operable so  night or marginal light flying is out. This problem goes way back and across many models. I have yet to see a fix. If I have to look to Carenado can anybody recommend a decent piston twin? Not looking for A2Aquality but it would be nice if major systems worked reliably.

Thanks,

Eric

I fly the new Milviz C310 Redux with an earlier version of P3D and have no issues with panel, instrument night lighting, one of my favorite piston twins. If you decide to try a turbo prop I would suggest Carenado's Cheyenne II or the Aero Commander 690B both with Bill's mods. But can only recommend them if you also install Bill's mods. I would check over at the Milviz support forum regarding any issues you might be having with panel night lighting in the C310, they have been pretty active in trying to resolve all the issues with their new release of the C310 Redux?

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

IMHO, that 310R is the best twin currently out there. If your cockpit lights are inopt, head over to Milviz and do a support ticket. I am running P3Dv4.2 like you and it works perfectly. 

The Carenado Navajo is not a bad little bird and with Bill's mods here, make it a bit more realistic. 

51 minutes ago, IMAGRANDPA2 said:

Hey guys,

Still on the hunt for a decent P3D v.4.2 piston twin. Had high hopes fo new Milviz Cessna 310 r but once again they make a plane where instrument, panel and cockpitlights are not operable so  night or marginal light flying is out. This problem goes way back and across many models. I have yet to see a fix. If I have to look to Carenado can anybody recommend a decent piston twin? Not looking for A2Aquality but it would be nice if major systems worked reliably.

Thanks,

Eric

Just want to second kowen's opinion of the Cessna 310 Redux. The early releases did seem to have some bugs in the lights but have since been fixed as far as I can see. If you are having problems I do encourage you to try and work through them. It is well worth the effort. Lots of info in the forums. In my case I had to do a real clean up of files on my computer. I did an uninstall of the 310 and then searched my hard drives for anything that showed up with the terms 310, Milviz (where a 310 file was present) and found several lighting texture files that were not removed by the uninstall. After deleteing them I did a fresh install and boom...all lights worked as advertised. Just make sure you pay attention and don't delete anything that is not for the milviz 310. Doing this made a real difference for me.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Dare I suggest the Alabeo PA-44 Seminole?  With Bert Pieke's mods and the Flight GTN 750 installed it's a surprisingly excellent performer in P3D 4.2 and often underlooked.

I agree the 310 R is the one. I have had no problems at all with the lights and do quite a bit of night flying.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Plus Ron is turning out some really nice paints for the C310 Redux.....

Martin

I also recommend the Milviz 310. I have no issues with the lighting at all. But if you don't like it, there is a 310 by Alebeo which I have also ad it is quite nice. It is not as detailed as the Milviz 310, but I do like it almost as much.

Please look up Manfred Jan's C-47 at Sim Outhouse. Not a GA aircraft but a radial twin and as well done as any payware aircraft I have seen. True systems modeling as well as flight dynamics,an interactive FO, as well as a stewardess that comes in the cockpit occasionally and flirts with you. The FO helps you with engine management and lets you know when things aren't right. Informative as well as interesting documentation not only on aircraft systems but DC3 history as well. A lot of add on liveries available and the latest beta is P3DV4 compatible. 

Oh yea, one other small detail, it's free!!

Vic green

Thanks for advice and suggestions. Back to the lights issue I am happy for those  of you who have lights working. I did read they seemed to be fine in earlier P3D versions but not 4.2.  Anyway back to Milviz to see if they can help. If anyone discovers something more on my problem please chime in.

Eric

The unfortunate thing is that I think the best piston twin is the one never designed for P3Dv4 - the Real Air Duke (well in fact, both incarnations). Too bad they left the business.

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1

David Porrett

1 hour ago, IMAGRANDPA2 said:

Thanks for advice and suggestions. Back to the lights issue I am happy for those  of you who have lights working. I did read they seemed to be fine in earlier P3D versions but not 4.2

4.2 is the only version of P3Dv4 supported by the 310 Redux, and I can verify that in 4.1, the wx radar will cause CDT when the plane loads.

I'm also running 4.2 and not only do the lights work, the cockpit lighting is probably the best I've ever seen in a GA plane.  Are you running the latest version (which is only a few days old)?  Did your install properly run the Reallight installer?  I'd echo that you should wander over to the Milviz support forum and get some help, because this plane is too good to let an install issue stop your enjoyment.

How good is the 310R?  GA twins are my first love and since its release, the 310 is the only plane I've flown.

Scott

• Like 1

Milviz 310r is excellent,  heavy on frames at least for me but loving it

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

For those experiencing night lighting issues... it's usually due to not having your anti-virus off when downloading, installing and not having scanning disabled on the sim directory.  Also, running the sim in admin is a must (all of these are in the manual).

The Redux only supports 4.2 (latest version only).

Thanks for the compliments... the team worked hard on this one.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Still hoping that A2A is doing the Aerostar...(fugly as it is)

Edited by ErichB