Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

What exactly would this mean?  A new terrain engine? 

It might mean DX12-based. That's what I suspect, but may be wrong. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Interesting.   Based on Rex Sims latest announcement, perhaps its a hint that 4.3 has support for PBR rather than a future update.  Seems it is here.  

Our third major announcement was Worldwide Airports Advanced Edition. This will include new PBR texture support, advanced jetway system, enhanced airport building structures, new airport vehicles, etc. "Future on the Ground"!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

36 minutes ago, pmb said:

t might mean DX12-based. That's what I suspect, but may be wrong

Thanks Michael.  Could be.

I do remember when V4 was released, there was mention by the LM team about the introduction of sloped runways at some point - possibly at the next big version release.  The terrain engine really looks tired with its snapping, popping,  slow loading impediment.  The other sim's engine (although I don't use it) is what we need terrain to look like - especially mountains..

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My fears confirmed. Thanks all the same.

Ray.  You gotta move into the 21st Century m8 😉

1 minute ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Ray.  You gotta move into the 21st Century m8 😉

All in good time Dean. I leave it to good people like yourself to be an early adopter. My switch to P3D v3.4 last year was as smooth as a baby’s bottom. 😁

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The terrain engine really looks tired with it's snapping, popping,  slow loading impediment.  .

Agreed, that would benefit from a complete rebuild indeed. However, contrary to the DX12 thingy (which I think I read someplace...) I don't recall having them ever mention such.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

All in good time Dean. I leave it to good people like yourself to be an early adopter. My switch to P3D v3.4 last year was as smooth as a baby’s bottom

By the time you're comfortable with v4.2 we'll all probably be flying XPlane 12 if it continues to improve at it's current.  Graphics and immersion factor is so very good.  There are some excellent aircraft for it now including a free almost study level B737-800. I was hesitant at first but so glad I did.  Give it a try Ray,  I guarantee you'll enjoy it.  I spend 50/50 flying time between it and P3D.

Edited by Dean_EGTC

6 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

By the time you're comfortable with v4.2 we'll all probably be flying XPlane 12  

Not me. Although I follow XP development (and that of other sims) as well.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

By the time you're comfortable with v4.2 we'll all probably be flying XPlane 12 if it continues to improve at it's current.  Graphics and immersion factor is so very good.  There are some excellent aircraft for it now including a free almost study level B737-800. I was hesitant at first but so glad I did.  Give it a try Ray,  I guarantee you'll enjoy it.  I spend 50/50 flying time between it and P3D.

Dean, XP might be great but no way am I switching away from P3D. Too much invested. I'd have to start buying addons for XP and it's doubtful the choice is as good as P3D. Time would be diluted between the two sims and my brain is running out of space to store XP knowledge! :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'd have to start buying addons for XP

That's one of the best things about XP.  Once you've bought the initial program you never need buy anything else should you not wish to.  There is ten times the freeware available including mesh, textures for the entire world.

15 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

That's one of the best things about XP.  Once you've bought the initial program you never need buy anything else should you not wish to.  There is ten times the freeware available including mesh, textures for the entire world.

You're obviously a fan but I'm more than happy with P3D. :wink: I'd rather be a master of one sim than a jack of all trades trying to master two.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can we keep the XP evangelists to the XP forums (again)? 

Thanks a lot and kind regards, Michael

• Like 5
  • Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

I highly doubt they have 10x the freeware.  P3D has most of the FSX freeware that was created over years and years.  Cattaneo's military aircraft, AI packages, military AI, mesh, airports, photoscenery.  

While I like XP11, like Ray said it would take too much money to get to the amount of addons i have for P3D that transfered from FSX. Payware that covers almost every major airport around the globe.  Orbx regions and airports.  

XP11 also is missing a lot of aircraft we have in P3D.  F-18s, F-14s, actually most military payware.   Not to mention the ton of commercial aircraft its still missing.  

It will start to catch up and many are happy to switch.  If i was starting from scratch i'd probably pick XP11 but there are those of us who have a lot invested from the past.  

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I sincerly doubt there is more freeware for XP than for P3D, in which lots of FSX stuff also works. Also, this thread is about P3D, if you understand...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

It is highly probable that I will never purchase P3D v4. The reason for this is simple. If I switched to P3D v4 now, I would be using exactly the same payware aircraft/scenery/AI planes etc. that I use now with P3D v3.4.....with the added negative that not all of these addons would be compatible. That does not make any sense to me, so I will wait to upgrade to the 64bit world until I have a more powerful PC, and the TrueEarth ORBx packages for the UK and Ireland are available (which are effectively 64bit only; I would not even think about purchasing "cut down" 32bit versions). Since that will take me well into 2019, I suspect that P3D v5 will be on the horizon at that stage.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png