Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Since that will take me well into 2019, I suspect that P3D v5 will be on the horizon at that stage

I'm glad that ended well.... :)

Gotta hand it to those die hard 32 bit simmers for hanging on so long.  It was like being caged in concrete box with no where to go. OOM management drove me nuts and so glad to be rid of it never to be seen again. It does amaze me though how many continue to ask for the same features that are only now coming to v4 only because 64bit allows it to be possible, yet they continue to ask it it will be avail for FSX/P3D 32bit. 

I only have middle of the road hardware, but even if on the lower end, I would still go to v4 to take advantages of the extra tech and features, and just scale back settings until its acceptable. At least your not chained by a 4gb limit, and you have an ongoing developing sim.  My 2cents worth. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

What exactly would this mean?  A new terrain engine? 

It was unclear what Adam Breed meant in his answer given in that interview. It could mean anything from adding the Vulkan API to adopting an entirely new rendering engine. Breed also stressed the importance of backwards compatibility, which usually refers to the sim's file formats like BGL, MDL and AIR, but it has been possible for both LM (and also DTG and MS) to retain the file formats while making major improvements in rendering.

• Like 1

No CTDs, no more stuttering and under 30 fps with DL even on high end specs will be a good start for 4.3(  I know that fps depends also by addons a lot but.. still :D)

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

On 6/8/2018 at 9:29 PM, Bobsk8 said:

60FPS with all sliders to the right, maybe????

With mediocre hardware? Sounds good to me 😅

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, Vali said:

No CTDs, no more stuttering and under 30 fps with DL even on high end specs will be a good start for 4.3

Unless they fix the clunky terrain engine(for one) unlikely 

2 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Gotta hand it to those die hard 32 bit simmers for hanging on so long.  It was like being caged in concrete box with no where to go. OOM management drove me nuts and so glad to be rid of it never to be seen again. It does amaze me though how many continue to ask for the same features that are only now coming to v4 only because 64bit allows it to be possible, yet they continue to ask it it will be avail for FSX/P3D 32bit. 

I only have middle of the road hardware, but even if on the lower end, I would still go to v4 to take advantages of the extra tech and features, and just scale back settings until its acceptable. At least your not chained by a 4gb limit, and you have an ongoing developing sim.  My 2cents worth. 

Remind yourself how many crashes you had when you first got v4 assuming you were an early adopter.  Compare that to the relative calm of v3. 😀 

I can’t recall the last time I ran out of VAS with v3.4. I just keep the sliders at reasonable levels and that has the added benefit of boosting frame rates. Yes, in v4 you’re not going to run out of VAS but push those sliders too far and it’s not going to be an enjoyable experience. FPS has always been the highest priority in FS in order to simulate flying.

There was nothing wrong in asking whether the GSX module would be 32-bit compatible. I guessed it wouldn’t so wasn’t disappointed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Remind yourself how many crashes you had when you first got v4 assuming you were an early adopter.  Compare that to the relative calm of v3. 😀 

I can’t recall the last time I ran out of VAS with v3.4. I just keep the sliders at reasonable levels and that has the added benefit of boosting frame rates. Yes, in v4 you’re not going to run out of VAS but push those sliders too far and it’s not going to be an enjoyable experience. FPS has always been the highest priority in FS in order to simulate flying.

There was nothing wrong in asking whether the GSX module would be 32-bit compatible. I guessed it wouldn’t so wasn’t disappointed.

I never understood this argument, i read a few people on the forums insisting that they never got VAS issues with v3.  I used to have what i believed were very reasonable settings in v3 and even then using the FSL A320 at UK2000 EGLL with the ORBX stuff enabled i would very nearly hit 4Gb without actually doing anything.  That was with LOD (the setting that seemed to matter the most) at 6.5 and Vector with pretty much everything switched off.

Of course i could use the default aircraft and airports with no issues at all.

I didn't have any major issues with the first release of v4, in fact i would say that it's been the most stable release from LM i have used (i never purchased v1).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Ian R Tyldesley

>>Remind yourself how many crashes you had when you first got v4 assuming you were an early adopter.  Compare that to the relative calm of v3. <<

None, Ray. None at all.

Hans

• Upvote 3

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I haven't been tweaking in V4 the amount I've had in V3 or V2.

P3D4 is as stable as a continental plate.

Edited by Guevorkyan
  • Upvote 5

Santiago de Larminat

Yeah P3D v4 is pretty hard to OOM or CTD.   Even if you push the sliders to extreme it is hard to crash.  Are CTDs still possible yes because of 3rd party addons but that is with any version of P3D when you throw stuff in.   

3.4 was really stable for me but when the last few months running 3.4 and v4, 3.4 was OOMing on every approach.  So i finally deleted all of 3.4.  DCS now occupies its space 🙂

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

1 minute ago, jason99vmi said:

3.4 was really stable for me but when the last few months running 3.4 and v4, 3.4 was OOMing on every approach.  So i finally deleted all of 3.4.  DCS now occupies its space 🙂

Absolutely, i remember the approaches after a couple of hours then suddenly you would get the error and that was hours down the drain.  I came very close to quitting the hobby after a few of these.

Ian R Tyldesley

42 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I had a VAS crash with version 3.4 for the first time, since I installed it, last week. I fly about 10 flights a week, so about 500 flights a year for over 2 years,  for a VA. I would consider that pretty reliable. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I used to suffer OOMs quite a bit in earlier versions of P3D, but v3.4 appears to be very stable on my PC.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

32 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I never understood this argument, i read a few people on the forums insisting that they never got VAS issues with v3.  I used to have what i believed were very reasonable settings in v3 and even then using the FSL A320 at UK2000 EGLL with the ORBX stuff enabled i would very nearly hit 4Gb without actually doing anything.  That was with LOD (the setting that seemed to matter the most) at 6.5 and Vector with pretty much everything switched off.

Of course i could use the default aircraft and airports with no issues at all.

I didn't have any major issues with the first release of v4, in fact i would say that it's been the most stable release from LM i have used (i never purchased v1).

If that is the highest LOD setting then that’s the problem. I kept it to High I think. Don’t know what number that refers to.

With FSL Concorde at Aerosoft EGLL I can get 20fps on approach with around 100 Ai running. There was enough VAS to land at 3rd party KJFK too.

Maybe you need to redefine reasonable settings? :wink: But my guess is the LOD was the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather