EJW

p3d 4.3 VR square white box in native VR

Hi guys

Anyone experienced the following problem?  Running 737/777 or 747 in p3d 4.3 with native VR (Oculus Rift) I get a white square box on the Pilots side just outside the window.  I Can't get rid off it.  It seem to match in dimensions the Pop Up frame. If you go look at the screen you can see any Pop up windows matching the whte box

This is limited only to PMDG aircraft

Any help highly appreciated

Thanks

Elmar Wegerle

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, EJW said:

This is limited only to PMDG aircraft

Yeah, it's our light sensor panel that - for some reason - is being snagged by P3D's new 2D pop-up implementation and stretching it out into the main view. That area should only be taken up by a 2D pop up if you've specifically clicked on its pop up trigger, but...as is typical...a few steps forward, a couple steps back.

We're looking into a potential fix. I think we just nailed it down, but want to be sure it doesn't affect other parts of our products.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Yes I see these white boxes directly ahead of the Captains view out the from of the aircraft for the 747-400 and the 737NGX. I didn't try the 777, but I suspect it will do the same.

Any pop-up, like the CDU or ND shows up on top of the "white box."

Also, the display on the HUGS of the 737 NGX is blank or all white.

I have not tried the Zoom Feature

Bill Clark

i see this on the 777 as well as the fsla320.

Okay, so how do we get rid of the square white box then???

39 minutes ago, shakjon said:

Okay, so how do we get rid of the square white box then???

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

As Kyle said " We're looking into a potential fix. I think we just nailed it down, but want to be sure it doesn't affect other parts of our products. " For now there is nothing you can do.

2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

i see this on the 777 as well as the fsla320.

please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Thanks guys.

Glad the bug has been identified.  Had that been a scenery problem, I would have looked until doomsday to pin it to something..  Again...thanks for the quick response

Elmar Wegerle

2 minutes ago, EJW said:

Glad the bug has been identified.

It's not a bug, really. P3D's function is working properly. It's just picking up a 2D item that it wasn't expecting, which is a 2D item that should actually be displayed...just not in the manner in which it's being displayed.

Semantics, sure, but...both functions are technically working properly.

Kyle,

Also, the white box is not permitting the HUGS to display data when the 737 NGX is loaded.

Bill Clark

8 minutes ago, sbclark said:

Also, the white box is not permitting the HUGS to display data when the 737 NGX is loaded.

It's going to interfere with a bunch of things, given its position, honestly. Fixing the one thing will fix the rest.

Just out of curiosity, what is the light sensor panel used for?

Posted (edited)

There is a workaround a few of us have found. Undock the light sensor window prior to entering VR and it will not display.

Edited by ZLA Steve

Hy Guys,

I had the same and I put the white panel to the side with combination that is described in the VR section of P3d. It's a workaround but you can pan, resize, move or turn that it disappears. But from next start it will be back again. So wait for update.

Btw what is light sensor Panel and how deactivate?.

Thanks

Andreas Hövel 

Where is this "light sensor" window, I have never heard of it?

Bill Clark

temporary work around for me is to comment out the window entry for the 'light sensor' in panel.cfg like //window18=Light Sensor (777) until a solution is offered. not sure what the light sensor gauge is doing, but i'd rather fly than have a white box in front.

1 hour ago, kdfw__ said:

temporary work around for me is to comment out the window entry for the 'light sensor' in panel.cfg like //window18=Light Sensor (777) until a solution is offered. not sure what the light sensor gauge is doing, but i'd rather fly than have a white box in front.

Please do not go and comment out sections of the panel.cfg. This will cause more issues that fix one.

Posted (edited)

To everyone having this problem, setting 2D Panel Transparecy to 100% on the display settings is a possible workaround.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you Thiago, worked for me so far. I have done one flight with the 737, lot of improvements , all around, including VR.  VR, seems clearer.

Finally a good C130 to boot.

Jerry Friz

Edited by jfriz
adding more
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jfriz said:

Finally a good C130 to boot.

I am very skeptical of that, I wouldn't bother installing the client update for a default (free) redention of a very complex aircraft that is a C-130.  By "good" you mean arcade quality?  I presume the engines use the default turboprop engine, how is that working out?

3 hours ago, downscc said:

I am very skeptical of that, I wouldn't bother installing the client update for a default (free) redention of a very complex aircraft that is a C-130.  By "good" you mean arcade quality?  I presume the engines use the default turboprop engine, how is that working out?

I see in the p3d release notes:

Prepar3D Content

New Content

• Added six flyable C-130 aircraft as default selectable vehicles:
    • AC-130 ‘Spectre’
    • C-130H
    • C-130J
    • C-130J-30
    • HC-130
    • KC-130

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

I see in the p3d release notes:

Not sure what your aim is, but Dan's point was less about the fact that they exist, but more about the quality of those that do.

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure what your aim is, but Dan's point was less about the fact that they exist, but more about the quality of those that do.

The Client update can be installed alone without the C130 and the Content with the C130 is yet another option.

17 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The Client update can be installed alone without the C130 and the Content with the C130 is yet another option.

Again, that wasn't the point. Their presence is irrelevant. His point was about the quality of the simulation of the aircraft.