busdriver

REX SkyForce, PTA, ASP4, ENVSHADE, ENVTEX

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

I found it impossible to achieve a correct level of atmospheric lighting

That will always be difficult.  I think it's an area which we just have to compromise on for now.

Hopefully when REX releases Weatherforce and we can change the shader settings 'in-game',  you can play around with the lighting effect without much bother.  I think a big part of the current problem is that whatever sky texture sets you have chosen will affect the atmospheric lighting - so you may not achieve the look you are after if you have an inappropriate sky texture set .  

It's all tooooo complicated sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Folks,

One other question. I've seen mention of Weatherforce in this thread. Is there an ETA for it's release?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

To understand why there's no answer to that question, one has to understand REX and software testing. There are various ways of testing new apps.

1. Internal company testing of alpha and early beta versions.

2. Limited closed beta. Companies return a very small collection of "guru" consultants who routinely test software for a variety of flightsim developers. They sign non-disclosure agreements (NDA).

3. Closed beta by invitation. In this mode the company solicits outside testers and reviews their credntials. There are NDAs.

4. Open beta. Also known as oily axes anyone can pay for a beta version and test it. The participants use their well-lubricated axe to chop away publicly at the bugs. The participants must only abide by the EULA and the results can be embarrassing for a developer.

Given that context, REX is a fairly small company and up to recently was hesitant even to use the closed beta route. Combined with that philosophy was the desire for thoroughness in testing. This leads to long test cycles based on the time between announcing a new product and the release of the final production version.

Recent beta testing debacles (FSW and the Aerosoft CRJ are examples, in my opinion) have made companies even more careful about what beta test mode that they select.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, busdriver said:

Folks,

One other question. I've seen mention of Weatherforce in this thread. Is there an ETA for it's release?

Thanks!

1

Well here is a preview of Environment Force and Weather Force in action during an interview via FSEXPO2018:

 

Edited by rstough
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

WoW.....looks amazing Reed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I totally agree, that is definitely amazing! I am looking forward to Rex Enviroforce/Weatherforce! Great stuff!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎06‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, GSalden said:

That is correct for most of us.

Myself , I want P3D to look and “behave” as real as possible , not to look as beautifull as possible ...

Orbx%20NL%20-%20mod%201.jpg

 

Amazing. If you would share the settings for ASP4 and ENVSHADE+ENTEX and your HDR lighting presets in P3D would be most appreciated.

I've fiddled with settings for months, I don't know what an Ansio Flopping Spruce HDCrank FXSAAR mean and what the settings do. For us dummies and based on your screenshot, the color and darkness look great.

Appreciate any insight you have.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AAN1718A said:

Amazing. If you would share the settings for ASP4 and ENVSHADE+ENTEX and your HDR lighting presets in P3D would be most appreciated.

I've fiddled with settings for months, I don't know what an Ansio Flopping Spruce HDCrank FXSAAR mean and what the settings do. For us dummies and based on your screenshot, the color and darkness look great.

Appreciate any insight you have.

My presets automatically set your HDR in P3D ( brightness , bloom and saturation ) 

ASP4 : 4 cloudlayers / cloud draw distance 115 nm / visibility max 120 nm

ASCA : full dynamics 

EnvTex : only skies ( integration with ASCA and EnvTex skies only ) / photo water for inland and sea

PTA : All Months preset set ( in the preset info you will see all the above settings and some more )

Share this post


Link to post

Great, Thank You.

Share this post


Link to post

A very good interview that on the parts of both the interviewer and interviewee.

I already have ASP4, ASCA, Envtex and Envshade, but on the strength of that interview I've just bought a copy of Skyforce and am looking forward to the further developments mentioned by REX.

I've got to sit down with the tutorials now and work out how to make it all work together.

Cheers

Jon

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Has REX Soft Clouds been updated for p3d v4.3 ??

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2018 at 12:00 AM, GSalden said:

My presets automatically set your HDR in P3D ( brightness , bloom and saturation ) 

ASP4 : 4 cloudlayers / cloud draw distance 115 nm / visibility max 120 nm

ASCA : full dynamics 

EnvTex : only skies ( integration with ASCA and EnvTex skies only ) / photo water for inland and sea

PTA : All Months preset set ( in the preset info you will see all the above settings and some more )

can we get the preset? 🙂 

its also fit for tomato?

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/3/2018 at 2:14 PM, georgio1952 said:

Has REX Soft Clouds been updated for p3d v4.3 ??

Soft Clouds is compatible with P3Dv.3, however you will have to select the latest version of P3D from the dropdown menu when you install textures from the Soft Clouds interface, then browse to the MAIN Prepar3D folder and click the OK button. The program will always remember the location so you will not have to browse to it each time. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/3/2018 at 1:20 PM, jon b said:

A very good interview that on the parts of both the interviewer and interviewee.

I already have ASP4, ASCA, Envtex and Envshade, but on the strength of that interview I've just bought a copy of Skyforce and am looking forward to the further developments mentioned by REX.

I've got to sit down with the tutorials now and work out how to make it all work together.

Cheers

Jon

 

Thank you for your support Jon. Good things coming!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now