Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
morrisr

oculus rift

Recommended Posts

Hi there

Is there anyone out there who is using VR with pmdg 737 in p3d 4.3 update.??????

Share this post


Link to post

I have used it with Oculus Rift in 4.3.

Share this post


Link to post

Me too, but immediately switched back to flyinside because P3D vanilla VR support doesn’t run smooth enough on my PC. So far now issues.

Share this post


Link to post

pmdg 747, 777, fsl320 etc. all run smooth using p3dv4 native vr if oculus tray is used with asw=off.


i7-6700k @4.5GHz 16G XMP-3200 | GTX1080ti | 1TSDD | Win10 | TIR | TMCougar | CHyoke/TQ/peds | 55" 4k UHDTV | OR cv1 (HP R-G2) | P3Dv5 MSFS20

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I use it regularly with PMDG and for the first time have stopped using FlyInside. There are a few trade-offs but I like the ability to bounce back and forth between VR and monitor. The pop up windows now work although not as good as FI and they have zoom now.

Bottom line running native VR in single pass mode with Oculus debug tool launched and ASW disabled with a PD = 1.7 runs well for me!

Joe


I9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 3840x2160 res @30 hz  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, Oculus Rift-S VR 

Share this post


Link to post

I have been using native VR since P3D 4.1 at least. Being able to switch to 2D during longer cruises is for me a must-have. 


Intel i9 10900k@5.1Ghz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Gaming Carbon Z490 - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 5TB NVMe/SSD - Samsung Ultra-Wide 49" 5K C49RG94SSU - BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W Platinum - BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
Oculus Rift S / TrackIR
MSFS / Prepar3D V5 / DCS / XP11

Share this post


Link to post

I won’t stop using flyinside because it’s the only way to bring approach charts into the v r environment. Plus I like the interface.


Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, AccusedChip said:

I won’t stop using flyinside because it’s the only way to bring approach charts into the v r environment. Plus I like the interface.

No, it is not. If you have the Rift you can do it much more efficiently using the native Oculus software.


Intel i9 10900k@5.1Ghz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Gaming Carbon Z490 - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 5TB NVMe/SSD - Samsung Ultra-Wide 49" 5K C49RG94SSU - BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W Platinum - BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
Oculus Rift S / TrackIR
MSFS / Prepar3D V5 / DCS / XP11

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, GCBraun said:

No, it is not. If you have the Rift you can do it much more efficiently using the native Oculus software.

You need controllers or can you manipulate windows in native with a mouse?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, glider1 said:

You need controllers or can you manipulate windows in native with a mouse?

You use the native VR controllers. In XP11 it works even better, because you can actually control the aircraft and interact with itst switches/knobs using the controllers, so you don't really need your mouse for anything. Hopefully P3D will adopt this strategy as well.

Regardless, I still find the native solution from Oculus Dash a much better and performant way to bring 2D windows into the cockpit.

  • Upvote 1

Intel i9 10900k@5.1Ghz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Gaming Carbon Z490 - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 5TB NVMe/SSD - Samsung Ultra-Wide 49" 5K C49RG94SSU - BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W Platinum - BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
Oculus Rift S / TrackIR
MSFS / Prepar3D V5 / DCS / XP11

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, GCBraun said:

You use the native VR controllers. In XP11 it works even better, because you can actually control the aircraft and interact with itst switches/knobs using the controllers, so you don't really need your mouse for anything. Hopefully P3D will adopt this strategy as well.

Regardless, I still find the native solution from Oculus Dash a much better and performant way to bring 2D windows into the cockpit.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you can’t open and close or minimize the window when you’re in P3D, correct? Do you have to exit back to Oculus Home to manipulate the window?

I’m interested in bringing a Little Navmap window but I believe it’s stays where you put it and can only be toggled on and off or interacted with from outside of P3D, am I mistaken?

Please elaborate on how exactly you select and interact with external windows brought into P3D.

Thanks in advance

Joe


I9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 3840x2160 res @30 hz  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, Oculus Rift-S VR 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, joepoway said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but you can’t open and close or minimize the window when you’re in P3D, correct? Do you have to exit back to Oculus Home to manipulate the window?

I’m interested in bringing a Little Navmap window but I believe it’s stays where you put it and can only be toggled on and off or interacted with from outside of P3D, am I mistaken?

Please elaborate on how exactly you select and interact with external windows brought into P3D.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Yes, you need to go back to the oculus interface to resize or reposition the window. This does not take more than 2 seconds, though. And if we are talking about charts or maps here, I am not sure why you would need to keep chenging the position of the window. I always try to position the 2D window somewhere around where I would expect an EFB to be positioned.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9 10900k@5.1Ghz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Gaming Carbon Z490 - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 5TB NVMe/SSD - Samsung Ultra-Wide 49" 5K C49RG94SSU - BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W Platinum - BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
Oculus Rift S / TrackIR
MSFS / Prepar3D V5 / DCS / XP11

Share this post


Link to post

@GCBraun,

 Thanks for being one of the first that uses Oculus Dash and VR windows. Do you think you lose any frames per second running with Dash instead of Classic Oculus Home? Can you scroll inside a VR window? Can you have a map and be able to pan it and zoom it?

I realize that you like the Touch controllers but there are some of who want nothing but joystick, throttle, and mouse - is it at all possible to set up a VR window without Touch - just mouse.

Thanks

Dave W.

Edited by whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, whitav8 said:

@GCBraun,

 Thanks for being one of the first that uses Oculus Dash and VR windows. Do you think you lose any frames per second running with Dash instead of Classic Oculus Home? Can you scroll inside a VR window? Can you have a map and be able to pan it and zoom it?

There may very well be a performance impact if you have multiple windows, but, with just one, it is not something that I really notice. There are no performance loss just by using Oculus Dash.

As for scrolling or panning, you need to open the Oculus Dash to do that. This is a very good feature request and hopefully it will be available in the future.


Intel i9 10900k@5.1Ghz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Gaming Carbon Z490 - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 5TB NVMe/SSD - Samsung Ultra-Wide 49" 5K C49RG94SSU - BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W Platinum - BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
Oculus Rift S / TrackIR
MSFS / Prepar3D V5 / DCS / XP11

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, a good question..........I want to use the mouse as well.

Bill Clark


Bill Clark
Windows 10, Ver 2004
CPU I5-8600K 5.2GHz
GPU Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
RAM 32G

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,170.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...