Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

TFDI 717 Version 1.1 Released.

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

The TFDI mamager will take care of everything. Just run it, and your good to go.

Just a quick heads up: For the past couple of updates, including this release, the add-on manager update tool would not work. Every time I tried to run it, I would get an error saying another installation needed to be completed. I had to reboot, then uninstall add-on manager and then download and install the most recent add-on manager. Once I did that, then it took care of everything. I do love this plane!

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Any comments on TDI 717 compared with The Maddog ( I am using prepar 3d v4) ?

Thanks

Michael

13 minutes ago, ozpilot said:

Any comments on TDI 717 compared with The Maddog ( I am using prepar 3d v4) ?

Thanks

They are related, both being a product of the DC9, and you can see some resemblance, like in the overhead panel. But they are two very different aircraft to fly.

The B717 has a lot of modern automation almost similar to an Airbus (very similar to the MD11), while the MD80 requires a lot more manual input, and although it has some more modern EFIS displays than the old DC9, it is more down and dirty to manage. It's almost like a cross-over from the DC9, then the next step after would be the B717.

As far as the quality of the two simulations, one from Leonardo and the other from TFDi, I believe they are on a level plane.  They are both exceptional simulations of the highest quality possible, both visually  and system-wise.

I have them both and love flying each of them equally.  Two different experiences. I would never be able to choose one over the other or buy one and not intend on also buying the other.

They are as different to fly as the NGX and the FSLabs Airbus A320 (and now A319).

Bob

• Like 1

Anyone know if there is now a project for the MD11 now that this is pretty much finished?  I would imagine it would be a whole lot easier now, since the systems are quite similar. Their relentless work ethic to make the 717 a premier aircraft model , squashing bugs till its very polished, would make it a day one purchase for an MD11 for me. Might even have a heart attack from the excitement. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Congrats, this is an amazing, reliable and performing addon. Couldn't be happier with it, and it reminds me of the MD-11, so it's a win-win.

My best purchase last year.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

How about the frame rate on the Leonardo and the TFDI 'DC-9s'? I've read that both are rather frame rate hungry.

Couple of points: (1) The aircraft is completely re-installed (old version folders are saved as a backup) you do not need to uninstall first. (2) Old liveries will not work with the new model (new ones now available at TFDi site)  

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

10 hours ago, ieydis said:

Wow, when it rains, it pours!  Aerosoft, FSL and now TFDi.  Just need the PMDG -8 and we're all set.  😃  

Getting hard to decide which one to choose for a Sim session. Like having a concubine.

• Like 1

Vic green

5 hours ago, signmanbob said:

They are related, both being a product of the DC9, and you can see some resemblance, like in the overhead panel. But they are two very different aircraft to fly.

The B717 has a lot of modern automation almost similar to an Airbus (very similar to the MD11), while the MD80 requires a lot more manual input, and although it has some more modern EFIS displays than the old DC9, it is more down and dirty to manage. It's almost like a cross-over from the DC9, then the next step after would be the B717.

As far as the quality of the two simulations, one from Leonardo and the other from TFDi, I believe they are on a level plane.  They are both exceptional simulations of the highest quality possible, both visually  and system-wise.

I have them both and love flying each of them equally.  Two different experiences. I would never be able to choose one over the other or buy one and not intend on also buying the other.

They are as different to fly as the NGX and the FSLabs Airbus A320 (and now A319).

Bob

Excellent review. The only thing I would add is that there is an FS2 Crew available for the Leonardo if you like a virtual FO. I would like TFDi to add call outs for the take off speeds, gear and flaps settings but by no means a deal breaker. Both are excellent productions that will keep you happily busy for a long time.

• Like 1

Vic green

Does anyone know if the problems with TFDi's Trueglass/RealLight in a dual-GPU SLI config ever got resolved?  I'd be interested to hear from anyone running this updated version in an SLI config, as I have stayed away from this one due to those problems.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

Does anyone know if the problems with TFDi's Trueglass/RealLight in a dual-GPU SLI config ever got resolved?  I'd be interested to hear from anyone running this updated version in an SLI config, as I have stayed away from this one due to those problems.

Regards

Me to, buy it to day fast test not work with SLI , made a ticket..

Just now, westman said:

Me to, buy it to day fast test not work with SLI , made a ticket..

Argh...thanks for the heads-up.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Last month I e-mailed their team about my own situation. I can run the maddog better than the NGX but I heard the tfdi was heavy on frames. I have a crappy potato that still holds up, by an unknown miracle:laugh: so I have sometimes very good frames (+20 in VC) and sometimes very low frames (<9 fps). Now my question is: Did the perf improve or should I still save for christmas?

For me the 717 is the only alternative to the MD11 in p3dv4

BTW I think my specs are in signature

7 hours ago, w6kd said:

Regards

Still no SLI support. VRAM exceeds 4GB in 1024 textures in 4k on my system with VC at 2048k textures in EKCH and other places. About 1.2gb more VRAM than all PMDG, FSL and Majestic. 

FPS about the same as FSL or a little less. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

6 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Last month I e-mailed their team about my own situation. I can run the maddog better than the NGX but I heard the tfdi was heavy on frames. I have a crappy potato that still holds up, by an unknown miracle:laugh: so I have sometimes very good frames (+20 in VC) and sometimes very low frames (<9 fps). Now my question is: Did the perf improve or should I still save for christmas?

For me the 717 is the only alternative to the MD11 in p3dv4

BTW I think my specs are in signature

The 717 was tough on frames initially but they made some significant performance updates and it is in line with the Leo MD-80 and 737 NGX now.  I find it to be one of my smoothest A/C at the moment.  I tested them together in an identical scenario and I got the following AVG FPS:

717 - 43

FSL A319 - 32

Leo MD-82 - 44

737 NGX - 43

53 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Still no SLI support. VRAM exceeds 4GB in 1024 textures in 4k on my system with VC at 2048k textures in EKCH and other places. About 1.2gb more VRAM than all PMDG, FSL and Majestic. 

FPS about the same as FSL or a little less. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

I find the FSL Bus much harder on my system than the 717 but that is certainly expected. 

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11