Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Australian scenery for P3Dv4

Hello all,

I have owned P3Dv2,3 and 4 but have never actually flown them extensively due mainly to a preoccupation with the use of 6 monitors. this limited me to FS2004. However, I have lately, been playing with v4 and using only a single monitor.

Slowly, I am getting used to the single monitor and I am hoping...hmmm... saving, to get into VR which prompted the change in attitude. In FS2004 I only fly in Australia, NZ and Indonesia and have all the freeware airports/sceneries and meshes for  Australia (no payware available as far as I know) and BDO Aviation payware and freeware sceneries for Indonesia (excellent by the way).

Moving into P3Dv4 I have purchased and installed ORBX FTX Global, Australia, YBBN/YBCS/YSCB/YMML/YMEN/YBRM and the freeware Holgermesh and Aussie airports. FlyTampa Sydney is included in P3DV4. I am trying to find out whether BDO is already compatible or going to upgrade to V4.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me if there is any other (freeware or payware) Australian scenery available specifically for V4

Thanks

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Tony, if those BDO sceneries are for FS9 only no, if for FSX maybe. Any FSX sceneries won't have Dynamic lighting, and could be other issues too, you would have to test them. P3Dv4 sceneries created using the PDK work best in V4. Hope that helps.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

ZKOKQ,

Thanks for your response mate,

I am pretty sure that BDO Aviation is for both FS2004 and FSX. I am also pretty sure (but cannot get confiirmation) that they have not yet (if ever) updated to 64bit. 

Given the combination of my aged and feeble brain and  nature of the query, I do not think I have the ability to fool around with converting FSX scenery. I think for starters FSX scenery requires insertion into the "ADDON Scenery folder and that does not exist in P3Dv4. That in itself shuts me down.

As an aside, I have been trying to follow the Ortho scenery for P3d and other platforms and that just bewilders me. However, that is not airports anyway so it is another subject. ie I think the scenery requires the airport software as well and that would bring me back to the original question lol.

One would think that Australia, being a much loved continent, would have a Dev or two looking after her. Simply not the case. Other than ORBX and Fly Tampa I can't find any other freeware or payware for P3Dv4.

As an alternative, can anybody give me a detailed, step by step of how to install FSX/P3dv1/2/3 airports into P3Dv4?

Thanks again matey

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Tony,

If you are referring to BDO's WADD scenery I'm not sure about compatibility with V4 although there is a rendition from Aerosoft which is far superior and compatible with V4 which is currently available. As far as freeware, I feel I have tried just about every Aussie freeware product there is (unfortunately the site where alot of these files were hosted, OZX, is currently down and has been for some weeks now.) and to be honest there aren't many freeware airports remaining (for high and fast fliers) available which are fully compatible with V4.

In saying that there are many that will still work and load (to a degree) from the FSX days, unfortunately it seems this is down to the users install and add ons as I have found that differing V4 installs have had varying difficulties in getting these to work properly, so worth investigation and trialing it on your end.

I would definitely recommend any of Ant's offerings, especially YBNA, YBCG (orbx version recently released is far superior for obvious reasons) YBBN (same as previous) and I believe YBSU is one of Ant's offering's as well, you'll find that on the second link. If you install Ants complete package from his site you will find some hidden gems in there also. 

http://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/australia.html

43 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I think for starters FSX scenery requires insertion into the "ADDON Scenery folder and that does not exist in P3Dv4. That in itself shuts me down.

Hi Tony,

The "Addon Scenery" folder can most definitely appear in P3D v4, in my case after installing some payware scenery it installed there. I recently bought some photo-real Victoria Australia scenery and manually installed it into the "Addon Scenery" folder of P3Dv4.3

If however you mean some FSX scenery won't install in P3D because it is looking for the FSX.exe file before initiating the installation then maybe that is a different matter but better minds than me will jump in here and advise accordingly.

Edited by YMMB

YMMB,

That is good news and thank you for that.

Can you now tell me how to find it (or what it is called) or even better please give me an installation path. 

I can find the "scenery Folder" where ORBX puts its stuff but where in the programme is it?

I would be looking at installing a lot of "Ants" software including YBWW YBHM YPPH YPAD YPDN and YBTL YBCG (although I believe the ORBX YBCG and City Scene are very good) for starters particularly if they can be made compatible. Do you know if YTWB (Toowoomba) is a. still operating and b. if there is a compatible FSX scenery available.  In FS2004 I used to fly my FeelThere Phenom 100 from YTWB-YBCG-YBBN and back to YBTW on a daily basis. Loved it and would love to duplicate it.

Also being Ex RAAF I used to fly YMLV YMES YMLV and YMAV in an Impala MB326 fairly often. Not the real thing unfortunately but I have actually had a two hour flight(in formation) in a Macchi.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Murry94,

I had forgotten completely about the Aerosoft version of WADD. That will definitely be added to my purchase list, particularly if I can find a good YPPH scenery. Be very nice to pick up some other compatable Indonesian airports though.

I have previously downloaded most of the OZx airports (at least the ones I was interested in ... I do not fly much GA) and I have looked at Ants packages and now have most of them.  That is not the problem.  My problem is the installation, now that I think a lot of FSX stuff is usable. What I need is the installation process and path for these airports.

Thanks mate

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

YMMB,

That is good news and thank you for that.

Can you now tell me how to find it (or what it is called) or even better please give me an installation path. 

I can find the "scenery Folder" where ORBX puts its stuff but where in the programme is it?

I would be looking at installing a lot of "Ants" software including YBWW YBHM YPPH YPAD YPDN and YBTL YBCG (although I believe the ORBX YBCG and City Scene are very good) for starters particularly if they can be made compatible. Do you know if YTWB (Toowoomba) is a. still operating and b. if there is a compatible FSX scenery available.  In FS2004 I used to fly my FeelThere Phenom 100 from YTWB-YBCG-YBBN and back to YBTW on a daily basis. Loved it and would love to duplicate it.

Also being Ex RAAF I used to fly YMLV YMES YMLV and YMAV in an Impala MB326 fairly often. Not the real thing unfortunately but I have actually had a two hour flight(in formation) in a Macchi.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

My file path to the "Addon Scenery" folder is: 

F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery

Scenery installation when added manually is done the same way as per FSX and earlier versions.

If you are using P3dv4.3, when you run the program, in the opening window "Prepar3D Scenario" the "Scenery" button is along the bottom, 4th from left.

If the program is already running, in the top menu bar, under "World> Scenery Library", once the Scenery Library is open you can install scenery  by adding an area much the same way as in FSX.

Cheers

Al.

Edited by YMMB

Launceston from Orbx is free too.  YMLT

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

1 hour ago, vhufo said:

Has there ever been a quality Perth scenery in all of the Flightsim editions?

No, there hasn't, or at least not that I can remember.
Now with QW787 and the RW's EGLL-YPPH flight I guess many simmers would get extra excited. 😉

Edited by Rafal

YMMB et al,

Hello again mate.

Again, I want to stress that I have no add on folder.

My Lockheed Martin folder is in fact, in drive c (c:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4) From there, I only have three folders 1. Facilities, 2. Resources and, 3 SceneryIndexes x64.

In drive D, I have D:\P3D\(folders ... starting with Autogen then to ecosystem ... No ADDON Scenery folder and this is where I would expect it)  There is NO Lockheed Martin folder in this drive that I can see.

In Drive C I have (App Data\roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv\(folders are Controls ... Sim Objects ... Substitutions ... Temp) Again no "Addon Scenery"

Given that the only add-ons I have installed are the ORBX stuff (which I can clearly see installed and ticked immediately under "Australia, when I click on scenery in the opening P3Dv4 screen, and the Ifly 737 which is flying normally with no problems, I can only assume that this is all "Normal" and therefore I cannot follow your install path. Also, I cannot see why your install path for that is in drive F in lieu of drive C unless you have placed it there for a specific reason which I am unaware off. Have you actually manually created an Add-on Folder and in  what folder (name) can I find all the sceneries where ORBX is installed.

Having done that, I tried your method (I think) of copying FSX YBCG and pasting it into the scenery folder immediately under Australia and above the ORBX entries, and enabled it.  This appears to be as effective as milking a boar pig as I could see absolutely no differences in the scenery before and after. 

Here is to hoping that I have monumentally stuffed up and that this is fixable as the default Ozzie airports are pretty woeful.

For everyone else, I am very aware that YPPH is on the cards if not on the drawing boards, and it is one that will instantly go into my library. I have the YMLT (Launceston) and also the free Tassie Demo). Other that the ORBX Australian payware, I do in fact, have all the Aussie Orbx freeware installed. My big concern is to install any freeware Australian Airport scenery that is superior to the default, and, the correct way to install it. It would also actually be nice (if not essential) to know if it is compatible.

Thanks again to all respondents and I am really looking forward to any and all replies.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hello all again,

UPDATE

I tried to install Ants Aussie airports and am now in the process of uninstalling/reinstalling P3Dv4. After loading I tried to access YBHM and P3D and the computer locked up. I manually shut down and restarted. I clicked on P3D and got the opening screen and then nothing else happened .. again complete lock up. A restart and all ok, ie everything (except P3D) worked normally.

I tried to repair and got about 30 items that could not be accessed. I have ingenioously figured out that I did something wrong. Hence the uninstall/reinstall.

Having done the reinstall, I notice that I still do not have an "Addon Scenery" folder so I cannot, for the life of me, work out how one can have a drive\lockheed martin\Prepar3d\addon scenery path ... for me it simply does not exist. Does it have to be created?

In the meantime I am busy reinstalling all my ORBX products so that should take a while, but I would still ove to resolve this installation problem.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.