Sign in to follow this  
slait

Studders every few seconds after time

Hey all,

Thought I would make a post about this issue in case anyone has some suggestions for me. I've recently upgraded my system to something pretty solid (details below), and overall the performance is great when I start, but by the time I reach my destination the sim has deteriorated into studdering every few seconds, with good frame rates in between. In other words it seems to perform well, then pause, then catch up again, then pause, then catch up. It does this every two seconds or so through the rest of taxiing, parking, etc. I'm not quite sure where to go with it. Things I've tried:

• Renamed and rebuilt the p3d.cfg file
  • Cleared the shader cache and reapplied ENVTEX
  • Reset any and all tweaks to my hardware (overclocking) to default, and ultimately reapplied when it made no difference
  • Tried locking frames in nVidia inspector, then rolled back when I started getting those DX errors
  • Adjusted various in sim settings with no change one way or the other

My new system:

• Intel i7-8700k Over clocked to 4.9ghz
  • 32GB Gskill RAM at 3200mhz
  • Samsung 970EVO NVMe boot drive
  • OCZ SSD P3D drive
  • Nvidia 1070 8GB video card
  • 4k monitor

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. Any thoughts from the experts?

- Aaron

Do you use Navigraph charts and simlink, by any chance?

If so, download and install the very latest simlink.

I had this issue myself but only after flying for a few hours.

Otherwise, make sure your sim is excluded from antivirus scans, or disable antivirus all together for test purposes.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

4.9ghz? how are those temps? Check if you CPU are in safe temps and is not down clocking...also open your task manager when flying and check whats having more activity when the stutters happen!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Mine is overclocked to 5.0GHz and temps are not an issue. However, I only get rid of most of those stutters only with either an internal or external frame limiter. Using "unlimited" in P3D and no limit in nVidia profile inspector -> stutters. Using either limit -> almost no stutters.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Mine is overclocked to 5.0GHz and temps are not an issue. However, I only get rid of most of those stutters only with either an internal or external frame limiter. Using "unlimited" in P3D and no limit in nVidia profile inspector -> stutters. Using either limit -> almost no stutters.

Try locking your framerate inside P3D

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 hours ago, slait said:

Hey all,

Thought I would make a post about this issue in case anyone has some suggestions for me. I've recently upgraded my system to something pretty solid (details below), and overall the performance is great when I start, but by the time I reach my destination the sim has deteriorated into studdering every few seconds, with good frame rates in between. In other words it seems to perform well, then pause, then catch up again, then pause, then catch up. It does this every two seconds or so through the rest of taxiing, parking, etc. I'm not quite sure where to go with it. Things I've tried:

• Renamed and rebuilt the p3d.cfg file
  • Cleared the shader cache and reapplied ENVTEX
  • Reset any and all tweaks to my hardware (overclocking) to default, and ultimately reapplied when it made no difference
  • Tried locking frames in nVidia inspector, then rolled back when I started getting those DX errors
  • Adjusted various in sim settings with no change one way or the other

For trouble shooting interest only: have you looked at the skies? ..try clouds with the simple detail box checked.

Edited by FunknNasty

4 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

For trouble shooting interest only: have you looked at the skies? ..try clouds with the simple detail box checked.

I've had this problem also.

This could be a problem if you have Active Sky P3Dv4 running with a lot of layers of clouds.  Flying through weather Active Sky seems to cause a pause when loading if there are too many cloud layers.

I've had mine pause so long that Pilotedge disconnects, AAvirtual shows the pause and the sim even disappears to the desktop.

It doesn't seem to happen if I turn down the cloud layers and shut off AI.

It can be very frustrating and disappointing after setting up and losing a great flight.

I'm also going to check to see if I have FPS limited.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Do you use Navigraph charts and simlink, by any chance?

If so, download and install the very latest simlink.

I had this issue myself but only after flying for a few hours.

Otherwise, make sure your sim is excluded from antivirus scans, or disable antivirus all together for test purposes.

Stu

I don't, no. Also, part of my pre-flight checklist is to disable Windows defender. I don't have any other A/V running.

13 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

4.9ghz? how are those temps? Check if you CPU are in safe temps and is not down clocking...also open your task manager when flying and check whats having more activity when the stutters happen!

Temps are good, never above 70C in P3D.

13 hours ago, AnkH said:

I would love to do that, which used to be through nVidia inspector, but that has recently started crashing the sim with those DX errors. I just pulled down Riva Tuner Statistics Server based on some other readings and I may give that a try to limit framerates. The internal limiter always comes at a hefty performance cost.

11 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

I haven't yet, no, though the interesting thing is it seems to be fine for most of the flight, but be very prevalent on the ground at the destination airport. From landing through shutdown is where it gets really bad. Everything up to that point is quite good.

- Aaron

32 minutes ago, slait said:

From landing through shutdown is where it gets really bad. Everything up to that point is quite good.

What are your parameters in Terrain: detail radius, Tessellation factor, Mesh resolution, Texture resolution...and in Scenery Objects?

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|