Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Captain Sim 757 RR Released

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe...my point exactly Rick!  If they do update it, it will most likely be a straight port from the old FS9 technology with updates to the pretty exterior to make pretty screenshots to entice buyers to plop down a ridiculous amount of money for an exterior model update to P3dv4 standards and a "promise" of updated systems, and other internal parts that make a plane a real full package...not just a pretty shell with useless emergency slide animations, a radar dish that sweeps side to side.

Then, like every one of their previous releases, it will fall into the black hole of updates once the next new shiny plane comes out from them....it is such a predictable, repeatable pattern by this vendor...but we never seem to learn, hehe.  If I really want a CS plane, I always wait for the $10 sale...and if it doesn't go on sale that year...I'll just get it the next year when it likely will.  I'll never pay their ridiculous initial price....it like buying a new car off the showroom. 

Don't forget it's not an update but you are paying for the x64 bit conversion and from what I have read sounds like full price.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Gonna save my money for PMDG 748, FSL A321 and QW 787 once version 1. 2 drops. 

Eric 

5 hours ago, jan4hcd said:

Is it just me or is the price tag ludicrously high for what you're getting?

Yep. $100 is no joke.

$100 because you have to buy the P&W version which is very rarely used (that's why it is the base model lol) and then the most used RR.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

They posted this June 3 of last year, and so far none of them have been released for V4. 

At least we have a working 757. The price is all wrong for the offering, but it's much better than the original release and significantly better than QW's version too. If the 767 follows suit, i'll buy it.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Seems like decades ago, I rated CS a little below RA, but that was a loong time ago. Really liked the C 130 and eventually purchased the 707. I guess in the long run I've now dismissed them. (never cared for their antics in the forums). I'm sure thankful for the few good publishers who are still around... all 3 or 4 of them. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

8 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Just looked it up on their forums Rick.  According to the official post, they will update, in this order...777, L1011, 707. (if they don't change it...again)

They posted this June 3 of last year, and so far none of them have been released for V4. 

If you extrapolate a little, based on their existing track record...even if they didn't have their latest jewel (the 757) taking up all their time making an new engine variant for $30, with the freighter sure to follow with probably the same pricing scheme...and they JUST updated the 777 and released it today (yeah right), you're looking at least into 2020 before they get around to releasing the 707 for P3dvX (as we'll be way past version 4 by then)...and that's only if they are not chugging away at a P3dV4 767 (almost a certainty)...and if so, extend that estimate out to 2022 or so.  😂

Haha well said.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

5 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

At least we have a working 757. The price is all wrong for the offering, but it's much better than the original release and significantly better than QW's version too. If the 767 follows suit, i'll buy it.

I agree.  I really like this 757 vIII. It looks and flies amazing in 64bit. I bought the RR engine version and will also get the freighter when it is released. I have no problem paying for a high quality simulation that I feel it is.  Captain Sim has done a great job with this aircraft.  It's among my favorites now.

• Like 4

Seems the opinions here are that it's a pretty good plane with some issues but, thankfully, nothing about how the plane or it's systems behaves in the sim. I'll get it when they have the $10 sale for sure. About when does this sale occur?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Captain Sim sales are usually around Christmas, but they don't always happen and they don't always put everything in the sale and invariably don't include their very latest new product. Thus I suspect their shiny flagship new 757 will not be going in any ten buck sale, so I wouldn't place too much faith in getting it that way, at least not until they've managed to recoup a few full price sales from the thing for 12 months at least.

Personally, I would be tempted by their new 757 if it was a shade under its current price. Given that QW banged out their new 787 - which is a comparable bird given that it is for many airlines the one they're replacing their 757s with - and you got two variants of that 787, with two different engine options, not only for less money, but with a fifty percent discount for people who bought it for FSX if they subsequently also bought the P3D version, that CS 757 seems a bit steep to me.

It's not helped by the fact that their reputation for engine modeling has not exactly been their strong point historically. Their best three add-on aircraft of recent years - the 727, 707 and C-130 - were all marred by less than brilliant fidelity as far as engine simulation was concerned, so I'll be watching with interest to see if their pricing justifies charging that much for an expansion which is largely just an engine swap when the vast majority of add-ons touching that kind of price range tend to include a few engines types in the package by default.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My guess is that there will not be a CS 757 sale until a competitor (maybe QW) have released their version of a 757.

I just purchased the upgrade for the A31x/A32x bundle from AS - and look what value you can get for your money there.

I was looking forward to get the new 757 from CS - but not at this price. It's simply not reasonable IMO.

Regards
Frank

18 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe...my point exactly Rick!  If they do update it, it will most likely be a straight port from the old FS9 technology with updates to the pretty exterior to make pretty screenshots to entice buyers to plop down a ridiculous amount of money for an exterior model update to P3dv4 standards and a "promise" of updated systems, and other internal parts that make a plane a real full package...not just a pretty shell with useless emergency slide animations, a radar dish that sweeps side to side.

Then, like every one of their previous releases, it will fall into the black hole of updates once the next new shiny plane comes out from them....it is such a predictable, repeatable pattern by this vendor...but we never seem to learn, hehe.  If I really want a CS plane, I always wait for the $10 sale...and if it doesn't go on sale that year...I'll just get it the next year when it likely will.  I'll never pay their ridiculous initial price....it like buying a new car off the showroom. 

Spot-on with your reply,Steve. That's one of the reasons they are not so popular herein,IMHO,as 1st choice. How old is the Legendary 707 now? Yet, not much progress going forwards.

17 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Just looked it up on their forums Rick.  According to the official post, they will update, in this order...777, L1011, 707. (if they don't change it...again)

If you extrapolate a little, based on their existing track record...even if they didn't have their latest jewel (the 757) taking up all their time making an new engine variant for $30, with the freighter sure to follow with probably the same pricing scheme...and they JUST updated the 777 and released it today (yeah right), you're looking at least into 2020 before they get around to releasing the 707 for P3dvX (as we'll be way past version 4 by then)...and that's only if they are not chugging away at a P3dV4 767 (almost a certainty)...and if so, extend that estimate out to 2022 or so.  😂

Again, on the button, Steve.

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Captain Sim sales are usually around Christmas, but they don't always happen and they don't always put everything in the sale and invariably don't include their very latest new product. Thus I suspect their shiny flagship new 757 will not be going in any ten buck sale, so I wouldn't place too much faith in getting it that way, at least not until they've managed to recoup a few full price sales from the thing for 12 months at least.

Again, on the button, Alan.

8 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I agree.  I really like this 757 vIII. It looks and flies amazing in 64bit. I bought the RR engine version and will also get the freighter when it is released. I have no problem paying for a high quality simulation that I feel it is.  Captain Sim has done a great job with this aircraft.  It's among my favorites now.

Agree but the performance....

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

Agree but the performance....

Strange. I'm running a i5 2500@SC GTX 970, 8gb Ram, w7 64 in P3D V4.3 and the 757 runs pretty smooth for me.

6 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

Strange. I'm running a i5 2500@SC GTX 970, 8gb Ram, w7 64 in P3D V4.3 and the 757 runs pretty smooth for me.

It does run smooth (no stutters) but fps wise it is significantly lower than other complex addons 

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]