Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

GSX Level 2 hmmmm......

9 hours ago, Aaron Kim said:

Isn't it kinda funny how the expansion is only $4 cheaper than the base? It's almost like a whole new addon.

I guess adding people and custom jetways raise the price, but, if you think about it, FSDT's products that cost $30, are ACTUALLY worth, $30.

FSDT KSDF has great buildings, SODE jetways, a working EMAS system, specular mapping, animated vehicles, fully customized ground and runways textures, 2D taxiway lighting, and the UPS cargo loading/unloading with GSX integration, GSX Level 2 has people, custom jetways you can replace, and more jetways. WOW! 

Honestly, this is my viewpoint, but I don't think it's worth $30. I think it's worth more like $20. In my eyes, I see an addon expansion much cheaper than the base product. 

The PMDG 737 base is $90, expansion is $25. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe FSDT thinks that it's good to sell a $64 addon with whizzing cars and low poly people.

And no need to get all fired up at me FSDT.

Aaron,

FSDT has a sale every few months. I still have not used their Facebook coupon. I bought GSX and even though I hardly ever use it just to support one of our elite developers. In a way it's good that you started this thread so that others can be reminded that "showing gratitude goes a long way." We need to support our devs so that they can continue to bring these outstanding addons.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

the immersion of visual moving passengers is worth that price alone

errr ... I am more than busy setting up the FMC etc. to leave the flightdeck & go back into the terminal to watch the passengers / ground crew ??????????

• Like 2

for now, cheers

john martin

1 minute ago, vadriver said:

errr ... I am more than busy setting up the FMC etc. to leave the flightdeck & go back into the terminal to watch the passengers / ground crew ??????????

you don't  need  to  you  can  see the passengers  walking  thru the  jet way  whilst  your in the  cockpit

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

9 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

you  can  see the passengers  walking  thru the  jet way  whilst  your in the  cockpit

how can i do that ......?

for now, cheers

john martin

7 minutes ago, vadriver said:

by looking  out  the  left  window   as  long  as  you  have the  crystal glass jet  way  installed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

48 minutes ago, vadriver said:

You need to read the manual for that - or watch Umberto's video

50 minutes ago, vadriver said:

So it's not for you then John.  We get it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vadriver said:

If you fly a modern Airbus you will be more than happy for any distraction during pre-flight-preparation 😉

In all seriousness though, its mainly an immersion thing and purely based on personal preference. Some people couldn't care less about whats going on around their plane, they are perfectly happy flying from and to default scenery, focus solely on the technical aspect of flying and wouldn't use any other view than cockpitview from pilot's seat. Thats absolutely fine

Others like to simulate all aspects of commercial flying including gate handling and paxes for the sake of immersion. If thats not your thing then simply stay away from GSX as it doesnt add anything to your experience

I just used this to add animated SODE jetways to 3 airports, Latin VFR TJSJ, the freeware SunSkyJet KPHL, and a freeware KATL I got from the Avsim library.  I have several others to modify now as well. So for me, the cost included updates for any number of airports FSDT or not, and that IMO makes L2 a bargain. The pax feature was just a bonus. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Hi, Umberto,

I've had GSX for number of years and it's a great product.  There are times when I'm to lazy to fly and just watch the vehicles and now the people do their thing.

I have to say, whenever I've had an issue with something, YOU have always responded in a timely fashion.

If you think the expansion is not for you, don't buy it.  If you're not sure, you can do the trial.

I'm not a developer so I can only imagine the time involved. 

Thanks Umberto,

Papagiorgio

• Like 1

I have not idea. It doesn't seem that expensive to me.

It's more about priorities. I have limited time for flying, so I prefer to jump in, fire it up and get into the air.

I have not time to sit and watch passengers filing onto a plane or vehicles wandering around a plane. Heck what I fly for real I get plenty of that stuff.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

People like to complain about absolutely everything and anything, like others have said, if it’s not for you, if the price is too steep, simply don’t buy it. Vent as much as your heart desires, however it seems like too many people complain just to complain. At least for me, the price is more than justified, but to each his own. I do like the fact that FSDT are very quick to address customer issues, and offer a lot of technical knowledge to support any issues that arise. Just my two cents

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Aaron Kim said:

Isn't it kinda funny how the expansion is only $4 cheaper than the base? It's almost like a whole new addon.

I guess adding people and custom jetways raise the price, but, if you think about it, FSDT's products that cost $30, are ACTUALLY worth, $30.

FSDT KSDF has great buildings, SODE jetways, a working EMAS system, specular mapping, animated vehicles, fully customized ground and runways textures, 2D taxiway lighting, and the UPS cargo loading/unloading with GSX integration, GSX Level 2 has people, custom jetways you can replace, and more jetways. WOW! 

Honestly, this is my viewpoint, but I don't think it's worth $30. I think it's worth more like $20. In my eyes, I see an addon expansion much cheaper than the base product. 

The PMDG 737 base is $90, expansion is $25. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe FSDT thinks that it's good to sell a $64 addon with whizzing cars and low poly people.

And no need to get all fired up at me FSDT.

Well surprise Us with your version created for 10 dollar 🤣

• Like 1

André

Hi everyone

I did an FSDT update today, and it stopped and asked to download the GSX full installer which i did, then it ran and updated all, and did not request a payment. Did I get the new version for free, and only have to pay if i wanted to use it at non-FSDT airports? Wasn't that clear to this old guy.

Unless I've missed something, and that wouldn't be the first time 😄 it seems that an immense amount of time is going to be taken up by configurating jetways etc with every airport in my library, which runs to dozens. I mean hours and hours! Or as I said, am I missing something?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776