Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Anticipation - Falcon 50 Familiarization

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

I have tried several times yesterday and today and every time both units show up. So i just can't simulate this issue beside you and Al. he is trying again today. This is odd to me as it has always worked the first time. I am glad trying twice works.

This missing GPS problem seems to be limited to the GTN750, which is strange, and it only seems to be the GTN 750 on the pilot's side that doesn't show up (at least for me). Note both GTN750s DO show up right after running the GPS Management Tool and reloading the plane. It is the next time I run the sim that only 1 GTN 750 shows up so it seems to be some kind of initialization problem. Simply reloading the a/c (without re-running the GPS Management Tool) then restores the missing GTN750. So the workaround for now is simply to push your a/c reload key or button.

Al

Hi!

Concerning the GPU, when I load the plane in P3D4 it is with engines running(Default flight is baron native with engines running), I select "All systems off" and when I click on the GPU icon the green circle blinks, the GPU appears briefly and disappears. All the others options like cholks, door...work fine.

I confirm that reloading the plane cures the GTN750 problem on captain side. In fact the GTN750(I talking of the  F1 GTN)is installed, I can see it in the panel cfg but it doesn't show in the cockpit before reload.

Edited by Pat Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

20 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Hi!

Concerning the GPU, when I load the plane in P3D4 it is with engines running(Default flight is baron native with engines running), I select "All systems off" and when I click on the GPU icon the green circle blinks, the GPU appears briefly and disappears. All the others options like cholks, door...work fine.

I confirm that reloading the plane cures the GTN750 problem on captain side. In fact the GTN750(I talking of the  F1 GTN)is installed, I can see it in the panel cfg but it doesn't show in the cockpit before reload. 

Pat,

When using the GPU make sure the 3 generators switches on the overhead panel are off, and that the plane is not moving. And, of course, the EXT POWER switch ( in the engine start area) on the overhead panel has to be on to use the GPU.

Details like this will eventually be in the Falcon50 manual which currently is just in 'draft mode'.

Thanks for all the feedback. I know Mark is looking into the dual GPS problem so hopefully a fix will be coming along soon.

Al

Having some problems with the Auto pilot VS,  IAS, ALt select.  doesn't appear to be working. Heading hold and ILS nav mode is ok. Also can't track down where this GPS selection Tool is,

This is with P3D v4.3

bob

7 hours ago, ark said:

Pat,

When using the GPU make sure the 3 generators switches on the overhead panel are off, and that the plane is not moving. And, of course, the EXT POWER switch ( in the engine start area) on the overhead panel has to be on to use the GPU.

Details like this will eventually be in the Falcon50 manual which currently is just in 'draft mode'.

Thanks for all the feedback. I know Mark is looking into the dual GPS problem so hopefully a fix will be coming along soon.

Al

Al whatever the switches position, and of course as you mention, I can't connect the GPU from the shift3 panel. I noticed too that the fuel indicators in the cockpit indicte always the same value, regardless of the fuel quantity selected in the fuel & payload manager. Version 2.1 installed in FSX and P3D4.

5 hours ago, onebob said:

Having some problems with the Auto pilot VS,  IAS, ALt select.  doesn't appear to be working. Heading hold and ILS nav mode is ok. Also can't track down where this GPS selection Tool is,

This is with P3D v4.3

bob

For me IAS/MACH, VS, Alt sel work fine. Of course you selected an altitude with the selector and press the button Alt Sel on the console.  For the GPS selection tool, I found it installed in a folder on the computer dashboard.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

5 hours ago, onebob said:

This is with P3D v4.3

bob

Note VS with this AP does not work like in the Lear35. After setting your new target  altitude you have to set the desired VS with the pitch wheel located in the center console.

The GPS selection tool showed up on my desktop in a folder called Flysimware Falcon 50 Info.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Al whatever the switches position, and of course as you mention, I can't connect the GPU from the shift3 panel. I noticed too that the fuel indicators in the cockpit indicte always the same value, regardless of the fuel quantity selected in the fuel & payload manager. Version 2.1 installed in FSX and P3D4.

Pat,

With all systems off I am able to connect the GPU in both FSX-SE and P3Dv4.3 -- at least it looks connected from an outside view.

Regarding the payload manager, I can't get it to work now for some reason. I was able to change fuel loads before, so don't know what the issue is. However, if you are able to change fuel loads, I think the switch below the fuel quantity gauges has to be in the up position to show wing tank fuel, and down to show feeder tank fuel levels.

Will see what I can find out on all this.

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

For me IAS/MACH, VS, Alt sel work fine. Of course you selected an altitude with the selector and press the button Alt Sel on the console.  For the GPS selection tool, I found it installed in a folder on the computer dashboard.

Thanks, yes bottom left hand corner of the desk top, will try the vs as you pointed out.

1 hour ago, ark said:

Note VS with this AP does not work like in the Lear35. After setting your new target  altitude you have to set the desired VS with the pitch wheel located in the center console.

The GPS selection tool showed up on my desktop in a folder called Flysimware Falcon 50 Info.

Thanks, searched everywhere except the desktop and also thanks noting the pitch wheel.

bob

Finally I manage to get the GPU connected! I totally swapped the switch under the fuel gauges, my mistake😄

Patrick Mussotte

I'm finding there's a serious oscillation problem with IAS Hold mode, any change in speed and the plane goes into huge oscillations trying and failing to find the speed.

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

38 minutes ago, StAgre said:

I'm finding there's a serious oscillation problem with IAS Hold mode, any change in speed and the plane goes into huge oscillations trying and failing to find the speed.

Are you in a stable speed and rate of climb before engaging IAS? the same thing happens when im i n the F1 mustang unless Im stable first

ZORAN

38 minutes ago, StAgre said:

Hi,

One thing to check is that the power has been set and the plane trimmed for the speed you want before turning on the AP.

Al

Just now, ark said:

Hi,

One thing to check is that the power has been set and the plane trimmed for the speed you want before turning on the AP.

Al

we posted at the same time but pretty much said the same thing

ZORAN

1 minute ago, zmak said:

we posted at the same time but pretty much said the same thing

Yep, nice to know at least two of us agree!  😃

• Upvote 1

Now Beta 2.4 is out! Problem of GTN750 in the VC is cured. Great reactivity from Flysimware👍

Regards

Patrick Mussotte