Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What is your most wanted feature enhancement for P3D V5

No, it's called a payware add-on.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Performance to rival DCS and Aerofly

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

The opportunity to see how light of ai traffic appear or dissapear in the horizon without the 10nm restriction. It all depends on weather and visibility. 

thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

The 3D rain drops on the windows like FS9 had

I forgot how good FS9 was............

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

9 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

As above ^^ ... allowing for a new terrain engine where mountain textures aren't stretched across the mesh.

The 3D rain drops on the windows like FS9 had

In my opinion, the raindrops in Flight Unlimited 2 and 3 were light years ahead of anything that Microsoft ever gave us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

I forgot how good FS9 was............

Does anyone know why this rain drop feature wasn't included in FSX? It's one of the first things I noticed when I got FSX years ago.

Surprised I've not seen this from anyone else...  Realistic turbo-prop and piston engine/prop modeling.

Scott

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

I don't have DCS only because of the business model it copies from MS Flight.🤢🤮

All you have to do is take out all the extra features and add-ons P3D has and boom 150 FPS is easy, at least I can.

AF2 stock default is no better (actually much more boring and bland) than P3D stock default, appearance wise or performance wise for me.

AF2 needs to get a bunch more features before we wish for AF2 like performance. 🧐  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why does nobody talk about accurate crashes?  Right now, it just pauses and you have no idea what happened

If I were to crash on a flight, I'd like to see the crash play out and have some sort of reason of why it crashed.  Aircraft overstressed? Like, did a wing fall off?  Also, there's been times that I landed on my main gears, at landing speed, and still "crashed".  Unfortunately, it just pauses and I have NO CLUE what happened.  It would be nice if there was some sort of dialogue that lets me know precisely why I crashed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, blaird22 said:

Why does nobody talk about accurate crashes?  Right now, it just pauses and you have no idea what happened

If I were to crash on a flight, I'd like to see the crash play out and have some sort of reason of why it crashed.  Aircraft overstressed? Like, did a wing fall off?  Also, there's been times that I landed on my main gears, at landing speed, and still "crashed".  Unfortunately, it just pauses and I have NO CLUE what happened.  It would be nice if there was some sort of dialogue that lets me know precisely why I crashed

I agree with this. Not sure if I'd consider it the most critical thing to add to a new version of P3D, but I am often surprised by the lack of talk regarding more accurate crash physics. I guess people think it's taboo?

But a fully realistic flight simulator should embrace realism in all its forms. If you land a 757 hard enough, did the gear collapse? We don't really know, because the game will just consider it a "crash" and freeze frams. Game over.

If the engine of your C172 fails over a forested area and you need to make a forced landing, wedging the plane between two trees at close to stall speed, was it survivable? Again, we don't know, because simply coming into contact with any tree is considered a crash.

And like you say, if you overspeed the aircraft, do parts get lightly damaged, fall off, etc? No idea, because overstressing just results in a crash, and you're done.

It's one of the reasons I like FSPassengers, and keep waiting for a P3D v4 update. Overstressing will actually damagr your flaps and gear. You can make belly landings. Crash landings in emergency situations (while not visually modelled) at least report the survivability of the situation.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RioPilot said:

Does anyone know why this rain drop feature wasn't included in FSX? It's one of the first things I noticed when I got FSX years ago.

Performance 

54 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Performance 

And it is back on Since 4.2, and it is not true glass, any content developer can implement Directx scripts inside 3Dmax to have this rain effects done.

The SDK has an example and there are some default airplanes already using it, of course if you are a very good Directx developer, you can do the same or better job as true glass by just follow the steps from the SDK.

Conclusion, this is already there, it is just up to SimObject content developers to use it and enable it.

Regards,

Simbol 

5 hours ago, Pugilist2 said:

No, it's called a payware add-on.

P3D V4.x has those rain FX on some of the default aircraft, you don't need payware add-on.  With that said, what PMDG and TFDi TrueGlass currently provide are outstanding ... but the default rain effects does exist in P3D V4.x (if you have been doing V4.x content updates as well as Client updates, then you might not be aware).

Cheers, Rob.