Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

AI traffic problem

Recommended Posts

There are several AI planes waiting at the Hold Short node. The first one is given departure clearance. As it starts to taxi out to the runway, the aircraft behind it is told to "hold short, caution the (aircraft type) on the runway". In other words, the second AI plane is not allowed to reach the hold short node and ask for departure clearance until the first AI plane is already in the air, and being asked to change frequencies!! It then gets permission to continue, and subsequently asks for departure clearance.

The problem here is that it significantly slows down the movement of AI traffic that are departing the airport. My question is......can I do anything about it?

It happens at EGAC Belfast City, EGTE Exeter, and I think also at EGGW Luton out of my collection of UK2000 airports.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

There are several AI planes waiting at the Hold Short node. The first one is given departure clearance. As it starts to taxi out to the runway, the aircraft behind it is told to "hold short, caution the (aircraft type) on the runway". In other words, the second AI plane is not allowed to reach the hold short node and ask for departure clearance until the first AI plane is already in the air, and being asked to change frequencies!! It then gets permission to continue, and subsequently asks for departure clearance.

The problem here is that it significantly slows down the movement of AI traffic that are departing the airport. My question is......can I do anything about it?

It happens at EGAC Belfast City, EGTE Exeter, and I think also at EGGW Luton out of my collection of UK2000 airports.

This is due to broken taxi way points inside the AFCAD file.

You have two options:

A) Tell the developer to fix it.

B) Use the AFCAD editor tool and fix it your self :)

All the best,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Share this post


Link to post


Hi,

I would like to know what AFCAD Editor is available and from where, I assume you weren't referring to ADE. I would dearly love a tool like AFCAD (FS AND FSX) were available for P3Dv4. 

Thanks

John

 


John

FSX Rig: Gigabyte Aorus Z270 Gaming7 Mother board, I7-6700K CPU, 32Gb DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte 1080I Graphics, Acer 34" wide view display with VSYNC on.

PREP3Dv4 rig: Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Motherboard, I7-I8086SE CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte 1080I Graphics, Acer 34" wide view display with VSYNC on.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, yellowjack said:


Hi,

I would like to know what AFCAD Editor is available and from where, I assume you weren't referring to ADE. I would dearly love a tool like AFCAD (FS AND FSX) were available for P3Dv4. 

Thanks

John

 

Yes I am talking about ADE, this still allows you to edit AFCAD files.

I do it often to customise the GA parking spaces for my private Jet collection.

Regards,
S.

Share this post


Link to post

I have built and modified hundreds of AFD files for FSX and P3D, so I am very familiar with Airport Design Editor. However, I do not see any broken links at (for example) UK2000 Belfast City Xtreme. Can you be more specific when you refer to "broken links", Raul?


Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post

 It could also be a particular model and it's bounding box I think it's called, where the sim thinks the aircraft is much larger than it is. What model have you noticed this happening with?


i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V5x

Share this post


Link to post

The CAD file system is basically the same in FSX,FSE;SE and P3D, if you use ADE use the tool menu check for errors and check for file priority if you have ORBX UK installed in the 05 scenery there may be a CAD file for the airport, and at some regional airports I have found bleed over in P3Dv4 even though the cad files are in lower priority but ADE can disable them except the Base CAD, this way you can be sure the CAD file you are working on is in fact one being used.   


i9 10900K\ASUS APEX MB \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2+1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have built and modified hundreds of AFD files for FSX and P3D, so I am very familiar with Airport Design Editor. However, I do not see any broken links at (for example) UK2000 Belfast City Xtreme. Can you be more specific when you refer to "broken links", Raul?

Hi Chris,

You need to check with ADE if the taxi links (the dots and lines configured for taxi) are continuous all the way to be able to taxi into the runway.

Open EGKK from UK 2000 with ADE as an example, you will see how everything connects..

Regards,
S.

Share this post


Link to post

Like I said, Raul....I have been doing this for years :smile: I even rebuilt seven or eight AFD files for version 2 of UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 1. With respect to UK2000 Belfast City Xtreme, the AI planes work fine at this airport....apart from that extended wait short of the departure HS node for runway 22. It must be a bug in the default AI code for P3D, and it is probably significant that it seems to happen at airports that do not have full length taxiways (in other words, airports that require a "backtrack" to the threshold).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Like I said, Raul....I have been doing this for years :smile: I even rebuilt seven or eight AFD files for version 2 of UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 1. With respect to UK2000 Belfast City Xtreme, the AI planes work fine at this airport....apart from that extended wait short of the departure HS node for runway 22. It must be a bug in the default AI code for P3D, and it is probably significant that it seems to happen at airports that do not have full length taxiways (in other words, airports that require a "backtrack" to the threshold).

Ok, sometimes the taxi links are too far from the runway threshold (the beginning of the runway) causing the "backtrack" nonsense before being able to the take off.. 

I hate when this happens, it is a interesting problem to fix with plenty of challenges ahead.

S.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, rjfry said:

 if you have ORBX UK installed in the 05 scenery there may be a CAD file for the airport, and at some regional airports I have found bleed over in P3Dv4 even though the cad files are in lower priority but ADE can disable them except the Base CAD, this way you can be sure the CAD file you are working on is in fact one being used.   

 In those cases, it's not a layering issue, you need to disable the orbx ade and object files for those duplicate airports.


i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V5x

Share this post


Link to post

Folks,

For duplicate ADE/AFX files (and ORBX is a usual suspect with this issue), I would suggest to use SAS (Simple Airport Scanner). It has saved me a hundred of hours of work

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Ok, sometimes the taxi links are too far from the runway threshold (the beginning of the runway) causing the "backtrack" nonsense before being able to the take off

I don't mind the backtrack at airports like Belfast City, because it is justified. I am going to experiment with one or two things to see if anything makes a difference with respect to AI planes being told to "hold position" before they have reached the HS node. It could be that I need to add a dedicated taxiway link up to the end of the runway, rather than just letting the AI planes use the runway link to get there.....


Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It could be that I need to add a dedicated taxiway link up to the end of the runway, rather than just letting the AI planes use the runway link to get there.....

Correct! This is how EGKK from UK is done, in hence why I asked to look at it since I know you must own this airport :).

Regards,

R.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/9/2018 at 6:14 PM, Christopher Low said:

 My question is......can I do anything about it?

No, AI take-off is hard coded.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,100.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...