Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Vertex website is Live!

With regard to the Navdata, I have a question.  For this type of aircraft, most of the time it will be flying into smaller airports that don't even have SIDS or STARS so does it really matter if things are not 100% up to date.  I suppose there might be some approach procedure that is out of date, but most of us can live with this accommodation.  I am looking forward to flying it when the release happens (hopefully this weekend).

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

6 minutes ago, MarkW said:

With regard to the Navdata, I have a question.  For this type of aircraft, most of the time it will be flying into smaller airports that don't even have SIDS or STARS so does it really matter if things are not 100% up to date.  I suppose there might be some approach procedure that is out of date, but most of us can live with this accommodation.  I am looking forward to flying it when the release happens (hopefully this weekend).

Hi Mark,

Yeah - concur - had that thought as well when SIDS/STARS were brought up - little bug smashers don't fly them very often...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

10 minutes ago, MarkW said:

so does it really matter if things are not 100% up to date. 

If one uses the default navigation  database and the default ATC, then one will never notice in-sim anything out of the ordinary. However, if one relies a flight planner like Little NavMap, which uses the most recent AIRAC to create flight plans, there will be a some mismatched navaids, approaches, and waypoints. That can be rectified either by turning off the Navigraph option in LNM or purchasing fsaerodata to update the sim's database.

I am still confused http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html vs fsaerodata - their names are so similar.

One is free and others payware.  I dig the free option again - I can not figure out the difference

Apparently the free one does ils etc? can someone in here elaborate in depth.  The free option might as well be excellent with this addon which almost simulates G1000.

I am wondering if Sean is going to make separate G1000 addon from this bird....it would make sense to do so.  These all new GA planes come with G1000+ 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

fsaerodata's capabilities have already been posted in this thread:

The freeware package updates VORs, NDB and  ILS approaches. In Europe, enroute intersections and a few other items are also kept up to date. Here's the PDF for the freeware package:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/documentation/FSXP3DNavaidsUpdate.pdf

• Like 1

So we  cannot fly SID or STARs with the DA62? Will it ever have that function?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I am starting to think we may still be a couple of weeks away. Looking back over this thread no one seems to care about having a nice new "SUV" to fly......it is all about "I can't live with out a SID/Star simulator". I would not be at all surprised if the release is on hold because of that.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

With regard to the Navdata, I have a question.  For this type of aircraft, most of the time it will be flying into smaller airports that don't even have SIDS or STARS so does it really matter if things are not 100% up to date.

Frankly, I'm not all that concerned about SIDs and STARs either.  But for the smaller airports where I typically fly, support for updated GPS approaches are becoming more important.  I read Sean's post (and thanks to him for taking the time to explain things) and I have to confess - I still don't understand how LPV approaches specifically and GPS approaches in general are going to be handled.

No, it's not an issue which will prevent a purchase, but I'd still like to better understand how this will work and what the ramifications will be.  Since I fly 100% GA to mostly small and regional airports, when flying IFR I fly far more GPS approaches than I do traditional ground-based approaches (ILS, VOR, NDB) in the sim.

Scott

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

fsaerodata's capabilities have already been posted in this thread:

The freeware package updates VORs, NDB and  ILS approaches. In Europe, enroute intersections and a few other items are also kept up to date. Here's the PDF for the freeware package:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/documentation/FSXP3DNavaidsUpdate.pdf

Concerning the freeware package (and any other package that does this) , this particular caveat looks a little concerning;

"3.3 – Missing BGL files Some 3rd party add-ons or other update programs may deactivate or replace some stock BGL files. In such a case, the installer will first display a list of missing files and call for an action. It is recommended you cancel the update and restore first the default files so as to avoid a mix that could result in unpredictable results. In case you accept to continue, missing files will be restored using those provided in the present package."

- it looks like orbyx areas would be a pita. 

*edit, by the way, SIDs and STARS will not distract me from purchase. After all, I am flying on a computer, for a start.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Just noticed that fsaerodata has stated that todays release of Airac 1813 is compatible with the Vertx DA-62.

We must be really close to release.

Jesse

• Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

I’m going home tomorrow after a 2 week holiday so hoping it will be released this weekend.

Also have lots of updates to do re P3D4.4 but will hold off on this if the DA62 is released.

I understand that last minute things can easily pop up in software development so won’t be too perturbed if it’s awhile longer. Would rather a quality release than an annoying bug that spoils the experience.

Waiting for this masterpiece, does anyone know if there is a freely available Garmin G1000 trainer? I have X-Plane 11, but I guess Vertx G1000 will be much closer to the real thing.

EDIT: With a simple google I found this: 

https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/garminapp

Seems to not be able to simulate a flight, but one can see the various menus. It should be an older version.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Frankly, it's a shame that Vertx is following the old modus operandi of it's predecessor Realair by not fully implementing certain aspects of an otherwise well-modeled simulation.  Consider Realair's very last product, the Turbine Duke, a simulation which despite excellent detail nevertheless possessed VERY unrealistic turboprop modeling.  Why Realair even considered compromising a product with such explicit shortcomings in spite of other achievements with the simulation is beyond comprehension. 

Unfortunately now, history is repeating itself with Vertx and the DA-42.  I'm sorry, but it's simply inexcusable that Sean Moloney is trying to market a G1000 simulation that utilizes P3D's default database instead of a properly updated Airac cycle.  Expecting customers to pay for a dual subscription to both Navigraph AND FSAerodata, yet still not being able to implement SIDS and STARS, is simply inexcusable in my personal opinion.  I won't compromise on a proper Garmin GTN series simulation with my collection of G/A aircraft, nor do I have to.  And I'm certainly not going to compromise by purchasing a simulation with a 'fake' G1000 avionics package that requires me to incur significant additional expenditure just to have a current but crippled Airac cycle.  

Perhaps it would be more prudent for Vertx to abort this release until such a time when a fully modeled simulation package can be produced rather than propagate Realair's legacy of coming up short.  

18 minutes ago, Reuben Getz said:

Frankly

Hi Folks,

Huh ? 

Enjoy your default aircraft with your default GPS... Sounds like the only ones that would be a good match for you...

[Sarcasm] ?

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

29 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Huh ? 

Enjoy your default aircraft with your default GPS... Sounds like the only ones that would be a good match for you...

[Sarcasm] ?

Regards,

Scott

Ummm, no, my A2A aircraft fully integrate Flight One's Garmin GTN series, thanks.  If I wanted to enjoy the default GPS setup, I'd run out and buy the Vertx DA-42.  Kind of my point here.