Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

4.4 (Vehicle initialization has failed for: F-22 Raptor)

Hi All,

im attempting a fresh install from 4.3 to 4.4. I removed the previous version by uninstalling via “Add or Remove Programs”. Once fully uninstalled I then ran the “Setup” installer in the v4.4 folder, which completed “successfully”.

When I run P3D I get an error on the splash screen along the lines of, “Vehicle Initialization has failed for F22 Raptor. You will now be placed in visualtion mode”.

Then, when Loading scenario it will crash at 83% while loading global weather.

This has happened 5x after re-installing again, restarting, etc. regardless of aircraft, location, time of day.

any help is much appreciated!

Edited by hqmurphy

1 hour ago, hqmurphy said:

Hi All,

im attempting a fresh install from 4.3 to 4.4. I removed the previous version by uninstalling via “Add or Remove Programs”. Once fully uninstalled I then ran the “Setup” installer in the v4.4 folder, which completed “successfully”.

When I run P3D I get an error on the splash screen along the lines of, “Vehicle Initialization has failed for F22 Raptor. You will now be placed in visualtion mode”.

Then, when Loading scenario it will crash at 83% while loading global weather.

This has happened 5x after re-installing again, restarting, etc. regardless of aircraft, location, time of day.

any help is much appreciated!

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

@pete_auau thanks mate.

@stratfordman10 have u tried installing each component (client, scenery, content) individually? Instead of the “setup.exe”?

also, any luck with restarting the prepared.cfg file?

i won’t have access to my sim today, but please leave any feedback you’ve got! I’ll give a try tomorrow or late tonight.

Any help from admins is also appreciated!

Hi,

I am only updating the Client which should be straightforward as it has been in the past.

I tried installing version 4.4 again this morning and the same thing happened again as you experienced.

I have just about given up and have reverted to version 4.3 which is working fine.

I think I will wait until version 5 is released when I will have to do a full reinstall anyway, for now I cannot be bothered to uninstall and re install all my add on's which are numerous.

Version 4.3 is fine for now.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Broom

I've now done a fresh install of windows, and tried to install each component individually. No luck.

@Poppet - I've tried both of your tricks in the post here for visualization only mode, but with no luck on either solution.

Oddly enough, I still have a vehicle dropdown menu to choose from?

Edited by hqmurphy

After further digging, it appears the F-22 Raptor is exempt from my simobjects/airplanes folder.

It seems like the error is caused by a disconnect between the program and the contents inside the simobjects/airplanes folder. Is there a file I can edit to remove the F-22 from being "listed" as an aircraft?

Edited by hqmurphy

I had the same problem after removing the F22 (silly I know). Because the F22 is Prepar3d's default aircraft/scenario, it can cause problems if P3d cannot find it, or something else from it is missing. The easiest solution is to ignore the start up F22 missing message, then in the start up screen load an aircraft, choose an airfield, time and weather, then SAVE the scenario in the normal way. Once you've saved it you can nominate that scenario as your "default" and your favourite if you wish. Now when you quit then restart the sim, the missing F22 message goes away.

However, as Poppet has explained, there could be other reasons related to xml files so her advice is worth investigating.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I had the same problem and got answers from Poppet that led to this conclusion:

At last I succeeded in opening my airplane-folder in SimObjects v4.4.
I copied from Poppet's advise and passed this entry in SimObject.cfg inspite I had it written correctly:

[Entry.0]
Title=Default Airplanes
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True

Then I deleted:
1. SimObjects.cfg
2. VehicleFavorites.xml
3. Prepar3D.cfg file
4. Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx
5. Shaders
6. Prepar3D v4 Files
7. Deleted Generated Files

I think the clue lies in the written texture in simobjecs.cfg, as mentioned elsewhere and to delete generated files.
Thank you ever so much, Elaine!!!! You are a true Wizzard!!

A bit late to the party but I thought I'd share my easier fix to this issue. 

After doing absolutely nothing to any P3D related folder I was hit with the startup aircraft failed to load error. So I came across this thread and decided to do some digging of my own. My simple fix is the following - 

Uninstall P3D Content 

Reinstall P3D Content 

Thats all you need to do. For some reason the IRIS Raptor Driver which is the startup aircraft seems to cease to exist, not sure how but I haven't seen this one before! Reinstalling the P3D Content file should fix this issue without having to delete generated files etc. 

But if you never fancy flying the Raptor you can just choose another aircraft as your default by setting a scenario/weather/location for it, save it then add it as a favourite then click "default". When P3d V4 starts again it will now default to your previously saved scenario/aircraft.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Well it happened again... I was reinstalling my AI traffic when this happened again None of the tricks above doesn't seem to work...

So I removed the AI traffic and I am still getting the same problem.

Time to start pulling out hair.

Rodney E. Jacobs