Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby Scratchpad released (P3D V4 only)

Hello @ll,

as per request of a fellow simmer I made a small app to provide a scratchpad in the simulator where you can scribble down notes without having to leave the sim.

The Lorby Scratchpad is only compatible with Prepar3D V4.

The app is available as freeware on the Lorby-SI website.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 7

LORBY-SI

Thanks again, Oliver, very useful.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just installed the application and it's easy to use, congrats to Oliver. I think I'll use it a lot.

I have a question: could it be possible to minimize the simconnect window inside P3D while not in use, let's say, during a flight?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

We're close to having  a pdf kneeboard. Ideally, it would be nice to add multiple pdf files so that, for a typical flight plan, the kneeboard would contain the necessary plates. Currently, it allows only one image.

tc

3 hours ago, flyforever said:

We're close to having  a pdf kneeboard. Ideally, it would be nice to add multiple pdf files so that, for a typical flight plan, the kneeboard would contain the necessary plates. Currently, it allows only one image.

tc

You can add any number of images.

But you can't add PDF files. While the Kneeboard in the sim is basically a web browser, TMBK it doesn't have a plugin to display PDF files.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

5 hours ago, edpatino said:

I have a question: could it be possible to minimize the simconnect window inside P3D while not in use, let's say, during a flight?.

Hello ed,

There are keyboard combos to open and close the message window from within the simulator (Shift & Ctrl & L & O / Shift & Ctrl & L & C)

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

18 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello ed,

There are keyboard combos to open and close the message window from within the simulator (Shift & Ctrl & L & O / Shift & Ctrl & L & C)

Best regards

Hi Oliver:

Tried it, but it's not working for me here. Also, pressing the ENTER key twice to enter the edit mode is not working either. I'm probably missing something?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Ed, You need to hold down Ctrl, Shift, L and then press either O or C, that works for me...

On a related note, I can't program that via FSUIPC (it only allows 3 button combos).  Could that either be made a 3 button combo or configurable (even if it means editing an .ini file)?

Graham

• Like 1

5 hours ago, edpatino said:

Hi Oliver:

Tried it, but it's not working for me here. Also, pressing the ENTER key twice to enter the edit mode is not working either. I'm probably missing something?.

Cheers, Ed

Hello Ed,

as Graham wrote, at some point all 4 keys have to be held down together, not in succession. This is something that TMBK only FSX and P3D can do.

"Pressing Enter twice" means a fast doubleklick - like you do on the mouse. You only have a couple of milliseconds to squeeze the second keypress in. Alternatively Shift + Ctrl + L + E will toggle edit mode as well.

Also, all keyboard commands only work when the simulator is the active application and its window has the focus.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

14 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Ed,

as Graham wrote, at some point all 4 keys have to be held down together, not in succession. This is something that TMBK only FSX and P3D can do.

"Pressing Enter twice" means a fast doubleklick - like you do on the mouse. You only have a couple of milliseconds to squeeze the second keypress in. Alternatively Shift + Ctrl + L + E will toggle edit mode as well.

Also, all keyboard commands only work when the simulator is the active application and its window has the focus.

Best regards

Thanks, I'll try later today. Excellent utlity!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

15 hours ago, edpatino said:

Thanks, I'll try later today. Excellent utlity!.

Cheers, Ed

All Ok here. Everything working just fine. Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I just installed the latest Lorby Scratchpad tool into P3Dv4 and followed all the instructions including making sure the P3D "pause on task switch" was unchecked and run Lorby as an adminstrator. It seems to be not connecting when I launch it after launching P3D. When I type something nothing happens also when I click the kneeboard editor and them select either Checklists or Reference Data I get an error window that tells me:

Writing to the kneeboard file failed

Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.mshtml, version=7.0.3300.0,

Please advise what I might have done incorrectly

Thanks in advance

Joe 

RESOLVED: 

I found the Microsoft.mshmtl.dll file was turned off in the installed Lorby Scratchpad file folder i.e. Microsoft.mshmtl.dll.off I removed the off and the Kneeboard editor works fine now.

I didn't see anything in the install instructions telling me about this but problem is solved now.

Edited by joepoway

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2