Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Just bought this bird and taken her for a drive....wow! What an absolute beauty! Will have to dive into the manual now. Did a short YT vid of my very first flight which I will upload shortly.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

8 hours ago, markadeane said:

Flight plan YCNK-CNK-YCFS. Got airborne out of Cessnock and in the cruise at 9500ft, tracking the flight plan. Went to load the procedure into Coffs Harbour, Pressed PROC, used the rotary dial to select 'Select Approach' and then hit ENT. The approach page for YCFS came up but the sim immediately froze and could not be recovered.

Mark,

Coffs Harbour YCFS? Skyvector and Little Navmap say it is YSCH? Now?

Anyway, crash while loading approach page, I contacted Sean but he might already know. Give him some time...

Rudi

Edited by rudi0310
typo

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Will down the road, the fuses and failures be simulated or they already are simulated...i don't have that much seat time on this bird, just started to study the manuals.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

8 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

Mark,

Anyway, crash while loading approach page, I contacted Sean but he might already know. Give him some time...

Rudi

I can confirm I had the crash while loading approach too.  I honestly don't remember what airport I was flying to, it was one in Japan, and went to load it up and it crashed.  I was flying direct to the airport, then loaded up the procedures and was scrolling through the list and thats where it crashed.  I know thats not totally helpful but it is not an isolated incident with that airport since I had it to.  I am using the updated FSareo data.

If I download a GTN750 flight plan from SimBrief, can I paste it into the G1000 folder to import it? I haven't purchased the airplane yet.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

27 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

Mark,

Rudi

Thanks for taking a look Rudi.

Coffs Harbour was YSCH until late 2007, has been YCFS since that time.

I am using FSAerodata but in their installer I unchecked the option to update ICAO codes, as I had heard that this could cause some issues with ORBX scenery where ICAO names had changed.

Is it possible that there is some internal disagreement with the old and new ICAO codes that is causing this? The odd thing was I could run through the same steps on the ground without a freeze. Tonight when I get home I'll run the same flight again and see if I can 100% replicate the problem.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello maybe a stupid question but if I create a flight plan with little nav map in which folder shall I drop the flight plan to be able to load it in the G1000 ?

2 hours ago, markadeane said:

Thanks for taking a look Rudi.

Coffs Harbour was YSCH until late 2007, has been YCFS since that time.

I am using FSAerodata but in their installer I unchecked the option to update ICAO codes, as I had heard that this could cause some issues with ORBX scenery where ICAO names had changed.

Is it possible that there is some internal disagreement with the old and new ICAO codes that is causing this? The odd thing was I could run through the same steps on the ground without a freeze. Tonight when I get home I'll run the same flight again and see if I can 100% replicate the problem.

Thanks for the details, good to know. In ORBX AU it is YSCH, says the Vertx G1000. Also Little Navmap says that. That might be this issue. Old airport code, actual procedures... But I had another idea also. Want to hear what Sean says first. 

Edited by rudi0310
  • Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

10 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

Hello maybe a stupid question but if I create a flight plan with little nav map in which folder shall I drop the flight plan to be able to load it in the G1000 ?

Is not stupid. Every folder "P3D menu - Navigation - flight planner - load - browse" has access to. The standard folder in my case is  

C:\Users\ruedi\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

but I created a subfolder there because P3D saves also other stuff there.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

49 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Will down the road, the fuses and failures be simulated or they already are simulated...i don't have that much seat time on this bird, just started to study the manuals.

@rudi0310 any thoughts on my previous post....

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

@rudi0310 any thoughts on my previous post....

Failures are mainly limited to the P3D standard failures AFAIK. To simulate engine off, switch it off 🤣 If this posting is complete and accurate...? Beta testers search for real bugs, not for simulated ones 🙂

Edited by rudi0310
  • Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

Thanks rudi this is what I have done however in such case the flight plan was not loaded in the g1000. And the only flight plan I have found in the g1000 memory was not the one I have saved.

so is there a specific way to load the flight plan in the g1000 after that ?

33 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

Thanks for the details, good to know. In ORBX AU it is YSCH, says the Vertx G1000. Also Little Navmap says that, my error. That might be this issue. Old airport code, actual procedures... But I had another idea also. Want to hear what Sean says first. 

Great Rudi thanks, look forward to hearing further. If Sean/you want me to try anything specific just let me know.

• Like 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, Bushido5 said:

Thanks rudi this is what I have done however in such case the flight plan was not loaded in the g1000. And the only flight plan I have found in the g1000 memory was not the one I have saved.

so is there a specific way to load the flight plan in the g1000 after that ?

Ok I might complete my posting somewhat:

Create flightplan in Little navmap and save as .pln.

Within P3D running, DA62 must been loaded ("choosed") and "on", then use P3Ds flight plan load function I mentioned a few postings above:

"P3D menu - Navigation - flight planner - load (- browse)"

No further action required.

More simple: I demonstrate this in my video part 4 A at the start, see my signature.

Note: I am not sure if this works in all cases when choosing flightplan during scenario edit, at P3D start..

The flight plans in the G1000 memory are a completely different task. These are stored by the G1000 save flight plan function, see my video part 2.

Edited by rudi0310
extended, clarified, typos

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

4 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Great plane, I love it!

One question: It is stated that one can use the keyboard to enter waypoint data into the relevant fields instead of turning the knobs. But that does not work for me. I select the field I want to input data, highlight the first character which I want to enter and then hit the key on the keyboard. That leads to getting the complete field (all possible characters) highlighted at once, but no input as desired. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Same for me...... cannot type waypoint data using keyboard. Maybe I'm doing something wrong also. Any ideas?