Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Tinkering around and I found that shift E 4 opens/closes the freight compartments, which is probably documented in something that I didn't read. I haven't anything to complain about and the DA-62 is  now the best of my GA aircraft. I still like the TD for the extra power and controllable props, but the Duke's texturing looks a little dated when compared to the DA-62.

Shift E 1 to Shift E 4 is usable, also in the release version, verified that. Shift E 1 does the same as shift E. See also my video "part 2" where I demonstrate all 4 commands (at position abt 00:48 to 01:10)

About Hypoxia, in the DA62 it works whis way: First the pilot starts breathing heavy. Later the screen starts to get a little darker from time to time for about a second, only a little darker first, later more severe. Ends up in a completely dark screen. No crash into the ground, autopilot continues flying the flight plan until fuel is empty. Demonstrated that (in part) using the last beta in video "part 2" (see my signature), should be unchanged in the release version imo.

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Vertx Simulations beta tester

Real Air Simulations beta tester

12 hours ago, joherszch said:

LPV is available in Europe as well via EGNOS.

Hi.

Thnx for the info.

Does this mean that LPV approaches can be done at any airport using the G1000 ?

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

Hi.

Thnx for the info.

Does this mean that LPV approaches can be done at any airport using the G1000 ?

Not every. Not limited to US. And depends on nav data source used.

How to find out if an airport has LPV or any other kind of approach:

From wpt airport page, press "app" key, then fill in the "airport" field on top of this page. This way you can inspect every airport regarding available approaches without the need to include it in a flight plan first. Second way: use Little NavMap, ensure that correct nav data source "scenery library" is choosed (right click on airport in map, "show procedures").

Edited by rudi0310
infomations added and clarified

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

Yes, I'm struggling a little bit with the LPV approach. I'm flying into 0VG, which has two RNAV approaches.

In my case, I'm using runway 25. When I choose the approach 25 LPV (I don't have P3DV4 running right now, so I don't know exactly how it's stated), it doesn't capture the GS (GP) when I press the APP key.

I think it might have something to do with the FAF, which in this approach is NIRIY. While I am flying over this waypoint, it's not part of my flight plan.

So, I guess I do not know the correct steps to:

1. Create the flight plan correctly (using LNM). Do I include the built in waypoint FAF (NIRIY)?

NOTE: LNM also has Navigraph 1801, which has different approach sequence. Other than the included 1801 with LNM, I do not have Navigraph or fsAerodata installed.

I'm at the correct altitude at FAF (even thought it's not part of my flight plan).

2. Do I use Activate APPROACH with VTF? Or should I fly to the approach and then press ACTIVATE APPROACH?

When do I press APP? I'm assuming prior to reaching FAF...

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 4670K, RAM 24GB, Geforce GTX 1070 (8GB), Windows 10 Home, 64-BIT, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5 

4 hours ago, SolRayz said:

Think I found a bug though. When switching the range distance up and down, the main map froze on "Loading Data". I managed to unfreeze it by enabling the inset on the main PFD. Not sure what happened there, but I'm glad I was able to resolve it without reloading the aircraft. I was not able to reproduce it a second time. Something to keep an eye on. 

Same here

Chris

I am also having the issue with the MFD freezing at times after using the range knob.  I have not tried the fix of opening the PFD inset as of yet but will try next flight.

Another very minor thing I am noticing is that these landing lights are way too bright and light up trees and scenery about a mile away in 4.4.  The splash on the runway looks fine but for some reason they light up large areas of scenery way too far out. Just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing that.  I think LM made some DL changes in 4.4 which could be causing it.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

P3D v4.5    i7-6700k @ 4.4 GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080ti, 32GB ddr4 RAM, 1TB EVO 850 SSD, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 10

7 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Ihen I jumped into the Carenado DA62 and tried the same flight.  I couldn't get the flight plan into the G1000 manually and not even by loading it in P3D, so I just did a "direct to" and took off.  The aircraft seemed hard to handle and the heading was locked for some reason, so I could not set it.  It was hard to control manually and I couldn't use the autopilot, so I just gave up and shut it down.  The sound was nowhere near as nice as Vertx.

Not surprised by that, looks like to check the Vertex one...

André

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

Yes, I'm struggling a little bit with the LPV approach. I'm flying into 0VG, which has two RNAV approaches.

In my case, I'm using runway 25. When I choose the approach 25 LPV (I don't have P3DV4 running right now, so I don't know exactly how it's stated), it doesn't capture the GS (GP) when I press the APP key.

I think it might have something to do with the FAF, which in this approach is NIRIY. While I am flying over this waypoint, it's not part of my flight plan.

1. Create the flight plan correctly (using LNM). Do I include the built in waypoint FAF (NIRIY)?

NOTE: LNM also has Navigraph 1801, which has different approach sequence. Other than the included 1801 with LNM, I do not have Navigraph or fsAerodata installed.

I'm at the correct altitude at FAF (even thought it's not part of my flight plan).

2. Do I use Activate APPROACH with VTF? Or should I fly to the approach and then press ACTIVATE APPROACH?

A LPV approach will give vertical guidance only, I think what you need is a LNAV/VNAV  approach for capture.

bob

45 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Another very minor thing I am noticing is that these landing lights are way too bright and light up trees and scenery about a mile away in 4.4.  The splash on the runway looks fine but for some reason they light up large areas of scenery way too far out. Just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing that.  I think LM made some DL changes in 4.4 which could be causing it.

+1 Yep I did notice that the landing lights are a bit on the bright side also.

Sam

Prepar3D V4.4/8086K@5.0/EVGA 1080TI SC Black/850W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung Monitor@3840x2160/ASP4/ASCA/ORBX/ChasePlane/General Aviation/A2A/Vertx/

1 hour ago, onebob said:

A LPV approach will give vertical guidance only, I think what you need is a LNAV/VNAV  approach for capture.

bob

Thanks Bob,

Do you have the Vertx DA62?

PC: 4670K, RAM 24GB, Geforce GTX 1070 (8GB), Windows 10 Home, 64-BIT, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5 

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

IAnother very minor thing I am noticing is that these landing lights are way too bright and light up trees and scenery about a mile away in 4.4.  The splash on the runway looks fine but for some reason they light up large areas of scenery way too far out. Just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing that.  I think LM made some DL changes in 4.4 which could be causing it.

Whilst it might be a bit over the top to be brightly illuminating things a mile away, landing lights and taxi light are really very bright indeed on aeroplanes. If you can see those lights from a long way off - which of course you can - naturally this means that beam of light is indeed reaching you and it will therefore be illuminating you.

If you've ever stood in front of an aeroplane at night and had someone turn those lights on whilst you are stood there, you will probably be among those who have shouted a bunch of foul curses at the person in the cockpit for him/her having word not allowed near blinded you with the things. This is one of the reasons why when you see an aeroplane taxi in at an airport, the crew will (or should) turn off the lights just before it turns onto the stand, because if they didn't, they'd temporarily blind all the ramp people who are stood there waiting for it.

I actually gave an engineer a right b*ll*cking the other day for turning on the lights when I was stood right near the nose gear of an aeroplane putting the steering bypass pin into it. I had a big glowing blotch on my retinas for about two hours after the stupid tw"t did that to me. I had to take a deep breath to stop myself from going up the steps into the cockpit to stick one on the word not allowed.

Trust me on this one, the lights on aeroplanes are incredibly bright and they are very powerful indeed. Take a look at this picture I took of a B787 at Manchester earlier this year, and this is only the anti-collision beacon, and in daylight! And I promise you that I have not enhanced this picture, the A/C beacon really is that bright on a 787, so you can imagine how powerful a directional light is on a modern aeroplane like the DA62:

ijQaNkM.jpg

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Learn to fly an LPV approach

Yes, it is not easy first. In my video "part 4 B" (see my signature) you find all actions which have to be taken by the pilot. When and Why. For all phases of flight. Guidance only and autopilot. Vertical and lateral. "To the threshold". When, why and which sstatus messages have to appear. "Part 4 B" builds on "Part 4 A", watch this if you do not understand something. More tips in "Part 4 C".

The key in successful (advanced) operation of the DA62 is to fully understand all status messages of the G1000. Excerpt from video "Part 4 A":

"the key element to take full benefit of the autopilot and other advanced features of the G1000 is that you have full understanding of all status messages. I explain many of them in this video to help you. The color and even the size of texts shown at PFD and MFD have a meaning...Even autopilot functions you are familiar with might work somewhat different in the DA62, just like the real thing."

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

7 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Your Plane/Virtual Pilot probaby faced Hypoxia - use the Oxygen in the plane.  That is my guess as you were at 12K feet

That or you pushed the engine too hard...  Try 85 percent power for cruise

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

55 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

Learn to fly an LPV approach

Yes, it is not easy first. In my video "part 4 B" (see my signature) you find all actions which have to be taken by the pilot. When and Why. For all phases of flight. Guidance only and autopilot. Vertical and lateral. "To the threshold". When, why and which sstatus messages have to appear. "Part 4 B" builds on "Part 4 A", watch this if you do not understand something. More tips in "Part 4 C".

The key in successful (advanced) operation of the DA62 is to fully understand all status messages of the G1000. Excerpt from video "Part 4 A":

"the key element to take full benefit of the autopilot and other advanced features of the G1000 is that you have full understanding of all status messages. I explain many of them in this video to help you. The color and even the size of texts shown at PFD and MFD have a meaning...Even autopilot functions you are familiar with might work somewhat different in the DA62, just like the real thing."

Any chance you could create a step by step video just for this?

I have watched part 4 B...lots of very good info, but a simple video just for LPV approach would be most welcome. Otherwise, the answer is to watch all 4 videos, which touch on many things...and try to piece together just those steps for the LPV approach.

Your videos are extremely well produced and are very informative!

I very much appreciate all of the work you put into them!

My guess is that this will not be the last time help with the LPV approach are requested....

Edited by flyblueskies

Just thought I would throw this out there for those trying to use switch panels. It looks like the Macro feature in FSUIPC is going to work with the DA-62. So far I have set up Engine Master and Elect. Master and they seem to work fine. If so, then this just gets better all the time!

EDIT: this needs to be P3d Ver 4.4.....I think the v4.3 and earlier had problems with this feature.

Edited by shivers9
  • Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V4.4/8086K@5.0/EVGA 1080TI SC Black/850W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung Monitor@3840x2160/ASP4/ASCA/ORBX/ChasePlane/General Aviation/A2A/Vertx/