Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Just a quick note to say that I have been reading though this thread and will be working through all the issues that have been raised. I'm confident most of the issues can be resolved and I'll make an update available as soon as possible.

Thanks for all the kind words, it's great to hear everyone enjoying her so much. Big thanks to Doug for the sound module update too.

Sean Moloney

Vertx

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, strat919 said:

I cannot turn on the left or right engine master. It very briefly clicks on and then off. I'm using spad.next but I have it disabled. Does this have something to do with the saitek switch panel. It shouldn't even be active with spad shut down. Any ideas?

Same issue here cant program the Master Electrical or ether of the Master engines and starters. Using Spad Next 

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I started p3d with default scene and everything started correctly. Actually I created a scene with the da-62 and made it my default and it appears to be working correctly.

Tinkering around and I found that shift E 4 opens/closes the freight compartments, which is probably documented in something that I didn't read. I haven't anything to complain about and the DA-62 is  now the best of my GA aircraft. I still like the TD for the extra power and controllable props, but the Duke's texturing looks a little dated when compared to the DA-62.

4 hours ago, Corretto said:

Me too.  45 minutes into a flight at 12000, when without warning the aircraft plunged into an uncontrollable dive.

I've also had issues with the map becoming unresponsive after about 15 - 30 minutes.

Belinda

Just finished a 2 hour flight without any problems. I must have done something wrong before.  The map / flight planner worked as expected this time too - it takes some getting used too. 

I do love this Machiavellian work of art 😍

Belinda - YBBN

3 hours ago, pracines said:

Yes, this is a keeper!

I have been flying this new masterpiece a lot and am so thrilled to finally have a GA twin with a G1000 that is such a joy to operate because of how realistic it is.

I agree.  I took the Vertx version on a flight today and the flight dynamics are so good I almost forgot to engage the autopilot.  I flew to my destination listening to the beautiful sound of those diesels humming and set it down on the runway perfectly. So controllable.

Then I jumped into the Carenado DA62 and tried the same flight.  I couldn't get the flight plan into the G1000 manually and not even by loading it in P3D, so I just did a "direct to" and took off.  The aircraft seemed hard to handle and the heading was locked for some reason, so I could not set it.  It was hard to control manually and I couldn't use the autopilot, so I just gave up and shut it down.  The sound was nowhere near as nice as Vertx.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I agree.  I took the Vertx version on a flight today and the flight dynamics are so good I almost forgot to engage the autopilot.  I flew to my destination listening to the beautiful sound of those diesels humming and set it down on the runway perfectly. So controllable.

Then I jumped into the Carenado DA62 and tried the same flight.  I couldn't get the flight plan into the G1000 manually and not even by loading it in P3D, so I just did a "direct to" and took off.  The aircraft seemed hard to handle and the heading was locked for some reason, so I could not set it.  It was hard to control manually and I couldn't use the autopilot, so I just gave up and shut it down.  The sound was nowhere near as nice as Vertx.

That is an excellent comparison between the 2 products.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Same issue here cant program the Master Electrical or ether of the Master engines and starters. Using Spad Next 

I had the same issue and have a Saitek/Logitech Switch Panel. My is resolved when I rotated the mags on the panel to 'Off'.

Paul Edwards

7 hours ago, Corretto said:

Me too.  45 minutes into a flight at 12000, when without warning the aircraft plunged into an uncontrollable dive.

I've also had issues with the map becoming unresponsive after about 15 - 30 minutes.

Belinda

Your Plane/Virtual Pilot probaby faced Hypoxia - use the Oxygen in the plane.  That is my guess as you were at 12K feet

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Flew a nice flight from LOWI to LDPL. Great all around and definitely a happy customer.  Think I found a bug though. When switching the range distance up and down, the main map froze on "Loading Data". I managed to unfreeze it by enabling the inset on the main PFD. Not sure what happened there, but I'm glad I was able to resolve it without reloading the aircraft. I was not able to reproduce it a second time. Something to keep an eye on. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

12 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Flew a nice flight from LOWI to LDPL. Great all around and definitely a happy customer.  Think I found a bug though. When switching the range distance up and down, the main map froze on "Loading Data". I managed to unfreeze it by enabling the inset on the main PFD. Not sure what happened there, but I'm glad I was able to resolve it without reloading the aircraft. I was not able to reproduce it a second time. Something to keep an eye on. 

This happened to me too. Unfortunately didn't try your solution. Will remember next time.

Is there an official forum or bug reporting form where we can submit bugs?

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Doing a great flight from KTVL to KLAX at the moment.

I'm definitely in love with this aircraft and the superb simulation Sean has produced.

In many ways the G1000 is easier to use the GTN 750 as it has more up to date NAVDATA (I use Navigraph and FSAerodata) plus very easy to load a flight plan. I'm not too concerned about Sids and Stars as I can use LittleNavMap to put these into the flight plan if necessary. Plus I'm experimenting with AvailSoft EFB atm to see if I can do the same thing. However I very rarely fly Sids or Stars in a GA aircraft.

This is the first time I have really enjoyed the glass cockpit in a GA aircraft due to the excellent reproduction of the avionics and the crisp and fast displays.

Look forward to the small number of bugs to be fixed plus further enhancements to add any additional features missing from the G1000 or other systems.

I'll be using this plane for an around the world tour in the not too distant future.

Not sure if this is on the real plane but would love an option for the red night time lighting to make it even more immersive at night.

As a previous poster has mentioned would be great if there was some place we could collate feedback including bugs and feature requests. Email is very poor for this as someone else may have already reported it and you are then wasting everyone's time sending an email.

I'm not getting a lot of simming in at present due to RW commitments, But I did purchase this, I've put a few hours on it in the last two nights and I'm VERY impressed. Well done Sean and the beta team. For a one-man development effort this seriously impressive.

I did have one issue though as below..

Flight plan YCNK-CNK-YCFS. Got airborne out of Cessnock and in the cruise at 9500ft, tracking the flight plan. Went to load the procedure into Coffs Harbour, Pressed PROC, used the rotary dial to select 'Select Approach' and then hit ENT. The approach page for YCFS came up but the sim immediately froze and could not be recovered.

I reloaded on the ground at YCFS, loaded the same flight plan but tried to load the approach at YCFS while still on the ground this time. It worked without issue. It's late so unfortunately I don't have time to do a 100% replication but I thought I'd raise my findings here to see if anyone has had anything similar?

Cheers and despite this, I want to say again, fantastic aircraft Sean!

Mark

Edited by markadeane
typo

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Is there an official forum or bug reporting form where we can submit bugs?

I am not an "official" from Vertx and I can not speak on behalf of the AVSIM staff of course, the "official way" imo is to contact Sean via the email address at vertxsim.com

but

you might get a faster first answer at the moment imo when you post your question/issue in this thread first. Many beta testers and also a lot of very skilled and imo highly respected AVSIM members and mods tried to help the last days. (I personally do not scan AVSIM for new threads very often)

Edit: Also Sean looks into the threads at AVSIM.

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

43 minutes ago, markadeane said:

I'm not getting a lot of simming in at present due to RW commitments, But I did purchase this, I've put a few hours on it in the last two nights and I'm VERY impressed. Well done Sean and the beta team. For a one-man development effort this seriously impressive.

I did have one issue though as below..

Flight plan YCNK-CNK-YCFS. Got airborne out of Cessnock and in the cruise at 9500ft, tracking the flight plan. Went to load the procedure into Coffs Harbour, Pressed PROC, used the rotary dial to select 'Select Approach' and then hit ENT. The approach page for YCFS came up but the sim immediately froze and could not be recovered.

I reloaded on the ground at YCFS, loaded the same flight plan but tried to load the approach at YCFS while still on the ground this time. It worked without issue. It's late so unfortunately I don't have time to do a 100% replication but I thought I'd raise my findings here to see if anyone has had anything similar?

Cheers and despite this, I want to say again, fantastic aircraft Sean!

Mark

I will try to fly this one, but have to install ORBX AU first. Have also other dates today so that might take some hours.

• Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only