Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

My only complaints so far relate to sound. For whatever reason the aircraft ignores the "mute on lost focus" setting in P3D and always mutes on lost focus. That really annoys me.

The sounds overall are too soft -  I'll keep playing with the adjustments but I do not want to modify my P3D settings because that will change all other aircraft. Especially the spot view engine sounds - they are too soft IMHO.

Fun to fly and looks great though!  Worth the price.

Vic

That was one of the first things I noticed - This->  the aircraft ignores the "mute on lost focus" setting in P3D and always mutes on lost focus.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I must say what a beautiful job on this aircraft. I have a couple short flights in so far for a total of 300 miles and it's been great. Nobody tell Sean but I think he undercharged us! 😄

If I were to nitpick at anything at all and it's not really a big deal, it would be how much power it takes to get rolling. I would like to find out from someone who knows better than I do because I'm no expert. Maybe they could chime in on how much power on average it takes to get a DA62 rolling for taxi. It seems with those two powerful engines and light weight airframe it should get rolling on its own.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I like the AC but the muted sound problem should be fixed sooner than later, very annoying

Jorge

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Thank you for info.

Is that not a big FPS hit?

As I have no FPS problems with this plane I did not notice, but it is easy to check on your system.

And I often learn new things when playing around. 🙂

Tried the 'View - Manage cameras' with the Custom Camera Management, was not aware of that. Not as easy as the x-plane ctrl-numpad, but not that difficult. And as I use few add-ons, no weather or camera ad-ons, this is a way to make custom views.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

10 hours ago, joherszch said:
  • ECU test should not go higher than at approx. 40% / 1800 RPM.

POH page 4A-31 says "increase(s) above 1800 rpm" during ECU test

10 hours ago, joherszch said:
  • Does anyone know why the load does not go below 9-10%? They should go down to 0% on idle  (except on high altitude where this value could be roughly 20% to keep the combustion process going)
  • Pitch value and power setting on a normal 3° approach with gear down and flaps approach is slightly off, settling in the Vertx at 100 KIAS with 48% load and a 0° pitch, should be 100 KIAS with 30-40% load and a 5° nose down pitch. 0° is normally obtained if you fly a 3° approach in a flaps up configuration.

On which data source this comparison is based on? And at 0% power (load) the engines go off... btw you also will have a fuel consumption greater zero...

Edited by rudi0310
typo

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

9 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I like that, although real world (and simulated) I've always got a Bose noise cancelling headset on pretty much from the get go 🙂  ... sadly I have some studio monitors just sitting dormant.

But I have tinnitus so I pretty much use noise cancelling headphones as much as I can as that's the only thing that helps reduce the 24/7 high pitch squeal.

Love this aircraft, thank you.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks a lot!

Monitor Headphones:Sennheiser HD 600 is a good solution. HD 650 (new foam pads, only relevant if you want to buy old, used ones) not far away, a little more deep bass, a little less upper mids. Noice Cancelling: Bose QuietComfort 35 II might be a solution which sounds neutral.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

Bought it, Seems very simple to get started and did a few circuits.

FPS are the same as the PMDG 777/ TDFI 717. About 10% lower than the PMDG NX

First impressions are its very nice indeed and a grower for sure. The texturing and displays are right up there, fantastic.

Views are fine with chaseplane with zoom at 1. There is a problem with chaseplane and the aircraft for me, the engine shake still goes on after engine shut down. I've now turned engine shake off within CP

I need to learn how to program a route the DL link to the G1000 I could not find the file. This aspect I really need to learn. Hoping I can still use PRO-ATC.

Love thats its more modern and the engines take care of themselves.

All good, this afternoon will try and do a proper first flight. LOWI-LOWS should be nice. Am not a GA airport guy :) 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I need to learn how to program a route the DL link to the G1000 I could not find the file. This aspect I really need to learn. Hoping I can still use PRO-ATC.

You are the first who asks that.

https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/searchManuals.faces?refresh=true

When the DL link page opens, there is a field "Search manuals by product - choose a market". Choose "aviation".

"Choose a subcategory" opens. Choose "Flight decks"

"Choose a product" opens. Scroll very far down and choose "G1000:Diamond DA62" (not the NXi version)

In my video part 2 (see my signature) I demonstrate entering a complete flightplan including altitude constraints! (starts at LOWI 😉 ) go to 21:58. Watching my videos is a must 😉 😮 😄

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

13 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

You are the first who asks that.

https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/searchManuals.faces?refresh=true

When the DL link page opens, there is a field "Search manuals by product - choose a market". Choose "aviation".

"Choose a subcategory" opens. Choose "Flight decks"

"Choose a product" opens. Scroll very far down and choose "G1000:Diamond DA62" (not the NXi version)

In my video part 2 (see my signature) I demonstrate entering a complete flightplan including altitude constraints! (starts at LOWI 😉 ) go to 21:58. Watching my videos is a must 😉 😮 😄

Thank you Rudi for info i will go now and have a look.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well, I just completed my first flight in this bird.  Only a short hop of around 80nm.  This twin prop is absolutely fantastic. Feels great to hand fly, sounds great with the dynamic prop and wind sounds.  I'm not overly familiar with the G1000 unit but I managed to string together a working flight plan with it.  This is currently fighting my personal top spot of my goto planes to fly.  It's going to be hard to decide on flying this or the A2A Bonanza.

My only 2 suggestions would be

1, Incorporate the rain effects from A2A, one it's free to developers and two their rendition of the effects are the best out there in my opinion.  I'm sure this has already been mentioned as coming later but not sure if it's the A2A version of rain.

2, A load manager for fuel and payload, may be part of the already great config app.  I know we can use the P3D built-in menu option to set fuel and weights but it's something I've not used for years as most add-on aircraft now use a manager.  being able to set fuel and weights before loading the sim would be a nice feature.

Neither of these 2 suggestions is taking away any fun or enjoyment I'm having with this plane, just purely cosmetic and convenience.  I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a modern Twin, It really is fantastic, well done to all those involved in bringing this to us 🙂

Edited by Andayle
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dean Farley

Great plane, been flying up the US west coast in short flights from the LA area and currently in Portland (Pearson - KVUO). Good frame rates with heavy clouds.

Maybe I missed it, had a look at the G1000 manual but I do not see ant way to display traffic in the sim. It is in the manual but the factions for the keys in the sim does not show. Is there a way to turn TCAS on or off in the plane? Transponder is turned on and seems to be working. 

Thanks.

Johan Pienaar