Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Great plane, I love it!

One question: It is stated that one can use the keyboard to enter waypoint data into the relevant fields instead of turning the knobs. But that does not work for me. I select the field I want to input data, highlight the first character which I want to enter and then hit the key on the keyboard. That leads to getting the complete field (all possible characters) highlighted at once, but no input as desired. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

15 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but G1000's don't have a weather radar so I would assume it won't ever be integrated. The G1000 uses a NEXRAD satellite radar which is usually 15 minutes behind real-time. I would have to agree with Chock here and say you could use the Milviz WX radar as a 2D pop-up.

sorry I dont agree with this, as a VC user only, I am not interested popping up 2D panels, the AS16 gauge could be easily integrated. Granted the G1000 uses Nexrad, but being unable to see weather data in the G1000 is a show stopper for me.... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

Any chance you could create a step by step video just for this?

I have watched part 4 B...lots of very good info, but a simple video just for LPV approach would be most welcome. Otherwise, the answer is to watch all 4 videos, which touch on many things...and try to piece together just those steps for the LPV approach.

Your videos are extremely well produced and are very informative!

I very much appreciate all of the work you put into them!

My guess is that this will not be the last time help with the LPV approach are requested....

Many thanks for your positive feeedback! I agree what you want to say. It is absolutely normal not to understand "the first time". Complicated topic...

To produce such a video I need 1 to 2 hours. Per minute of video. All 6 videos in sum was about 130 hours of work. To produce the video you requested ("When what why") I would need a minimum of 15 hours of work. I guess. Searching for suitable loactions, in-game-recordings, cutting, writing and recording spoken comments...

"Part 4 B" should be sufficient regarding approaches. The main difference is regarding how to enable VNAV autopilot mode. In part 4 B I demonstrate a diferent way. For those who already have watched "part 4 A". But if you are already familiar with VNAV itself... And my videos only show one of many possible solutions for many possible scenarios... "The complete package" regarding approaches and VNAV is parts 4A, 4B, 4C.

The "problem" is, I tried to pack as much info as possible into these videos. When "nothing happens at the moment" for example, I tried to tell other "interesting things". .Not like other youtubers saying "ahem ,uff, ooh (means he is thinking about what to say next) or "I did not try out myself yet" or "I did not read the manual yet", talking about the Wright brothers or saying nothing. Sometimes 3 things happen at the same time (watch, listen the sounds or what I say, read the subtitles). Go back with the mouse if it was too much as often as needed. The videos are designed that way. They can not be watched while the wife requests the daily report...

Might be a solution that you ask here if you have a concrete question to a concrete step...

I produce more videos in the future, but at a somewhat lower frequency than before. 110 minutes in less than 4 weeks. Possible topics are "How to create and use user defined waypoints" in detail (already shown in part 2), CWS modes, flight level change modes...

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I am also having the issue with the MFD freezing at times after using the range knob.  I have not tried the fix of opening the PFD inset as of yet but will try next flight.

Another very minor thing I am noticing is that these landing lights are way too bright and light up trees and scenery about a mile away in 4.4.  The splash on the runway looks fine but for some reason they light up large areas of scenery way too far out. Just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing that.  I think LM made some DL changes in 4.4 which could be causing it.

No disrespect, it's just that I have Never seen, nor dreamed of, a user complaining about landing lights too bright.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

About the MFD freezing issues, I have contacted Sean. He sleeps at the moment I guess...

Regarding the brightness of landing lights, it depends on how bright the airport is illuminated, surface types and more. I personally did not verify in detail yet if V4.4 is much different than V4.3 regarding this. It is a compromise for all types of airports. That does not exclude further optimizations. Imo.

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

5 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

He sleeps at the moment I guess...

Nooooo, this should be allowed during the first 7 days after a release!!!

😀😋😆

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Nooooo, this should be allowed during the first 7 days after a release!!!

😀😋😆

Guenter- I hope YOU are not sleeping 😉

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

It is awesome that the landing lights are bright b/c they represent the LEDs.  The real plane has LEDs, and LEDs are bright.  i always want bright landing lights.  You gotta see the runways and crew at night properly.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

@rudi0310 - I can email Sean to his email on the site.  There was a technical bug, I have already emailed him.  That is fine right? and yes I know he is sleeping now (not expecting a response immediately) - just checking if I can email him there.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

@rudi0310 - I can email Sean to his email on the site.  There was a technical bug, I have already emailed him.  That is fine right? and yes I know he is sleeping now (not expecting a response immediately) - just checking if I can email him there.

Yes.

• Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

Some issues/questions:

• Is there a way to disable the 2D reflections? As always, they look pretty bad in VR.
  • There are no reflections on the ground for the Strobes. Is this an issue?

Thanks

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

10 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Some issues/questions:

• Is there a way to disable the 2D reflections? As always, they look pretty bad in VR.
  • There are no reflections on the ground for the Strobes. Is this an issue?

Thanks

reflections - user guide page 17 might help?

strobes - no issue.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

4 hours ago, onebob said:

A LPV approach will give vertical guidance only, I think what you need is a LNAV/VNAV  approach for capture.

bob

A Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (LPV) approach gives both lateral and vertical guidance. It also requires a SBAS (EGNOS, WAAS, MSAS, GAGAN) which most G1000 have. The LPV approach (and LNAV/VNAV, LNAV+V on G1000) make use of the SBAS calculated “GPS altitude” for the glide path, meaning it is not dependent on either pressure of temperature. The LPV approach has more or less the same design criteria as an ILS approach (which is why the decision height can be as low as 200 ft).

Edited by joherszch
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Tinkering around and I found that shift E 4 opens/closes the freight compartments, which is probably documented in something that I didn't read. I haven't anything to complain about and the DA-62 is  now the best of my GA aircraft. I still like the TD for the extra power and controllable props, but the Duke's texturing looks a little dated when compared to the DA-62.

Also from an external view you can click on the door latches and the corresponding door opens. I really like that feature!

• Like 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg