Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

2 hours ago, JRS182 said:

Also I believe Sean was part of the Real Air development team

Yes he was.

- TONY -

Abbreviated Checklist - Does anyone know of one available for the DA62? 

I would jump on this plane but the G1000 has the worst UI I know - not that it was reproduced incorrectly.

Rest assured I am still flying the Lancair Legacy V2 and Turbine Duke V2 with the GTN 750.

Regards
bs 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

This plane is stunning in every way.  It flies as expected, looks great, has tremendous systems modelling, and is not an FPS-hog whatsoever.  I'm happy to have it in my hangar, but I don't know if it will get the same flight time that the Legacy, Turbine Duke, or especially the V-Tail get.  I'm so used to the GTN 650/750, that the G1000, while an amazing piece of kit, seems like it's overly complicated for no real reason.

That being said, it works exactly as advertised, and I'm fully on board with Vertx moving forward.

• Upvote 3

This is the airplane for me.  I need G1000 with its complexity as Flight schools have all new planes with G1000 anyway.  I intend to learn flying to get my PPL with G1000 airplane.  Hopefully, I will get time tomorrow to write up the VR review that I have promised on this thread a while back.  Very busy during the holidays....🙂

I believe the super new G1000 Nxi has a keyboard or something.  Yeah, that knob turning for airports is way too complex by design but it is the way it is - very grateful that Sean is modelling G1000 in its full.  I love the G1000, the amount of automation it offers is far out cool.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Happy Holidays!

Trust everyone is doing well!

Having purchased this A/C on the 25th of December as a gift to myself; all advertised features work as stated, but I'm having one issue with steering the A/C (using P3D v4.4).  On rudder input, I'm getting a limited response from the A/C. 

I have tried increasing the sensitivity of the rudder input from within P3D, editing the options within the A/C 'config app' but no resolve (all settings within the 'config app' are tuned as recommended within the User Manual).

I emailed 'Support' @ Vertx yesterday, but also posting here in case another member here encountered the same issue.

Thanks,

Prince

?

Page names, button names, the basic structure in the G1000 is similar to the standard GPS. Ok, the G1000 has more functions, but this is a feature, not a bug.

My car is equipped with a abt 6 inch touchscreen, difficult to hit the clickspots as long as vehicle moves (I have more skilled hands). As long as the clickspots are not really big, I prefer hardware buttons and knobs. Upper class cars use buttons/knobs as long as they do not have really big screens. The G1000 has much more buttons (the context sensitive! softkeys, for example) and knobs, a much bigger screen, therefore much easier to operate than the standard GPS. Imo.

What I hate regarding all (real) Garmin GPSs is some sort of "inconsistency". To initiate data entry, sometimes the button has to be pushed. sometimes turned, to name one example. But I have read some comments from real pilots regarding the real Avidyne (Pilatus PC-12, for example), these seemed to be not happier, the competitors seem to be not better?

Complex avionics are complex avionics. Never heard someone to complain that the Boeing or Airbus avionics are "difficult to operate"...

• Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

@rudi0310

Hi,

I only got it on the 25th. I love it. The G1000 is not that difficult to use. After three or four flights and using the manual I was already comfortable... and the Vnav function is a real pleasure! Great!

Question:
Maybe I missed something but it seems we can't add a HOLD point. At least not if I refer to the method described in the G1000 manual. Is this option not available? If so, will it ever be?

Thanks and Regards,

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Can someone tell me what the exact buttons are for ILS - I got the LPV with GP nailed down from the manuals and @rudi0310 excellent videos.  ILS should be easy - I am missing something.

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

32 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Can someone tell me what the exact buttons are for ILS - I got the LPV with GP nailed down from the manuals and @rudi0310 excellent videos.  ILS should be easy - I am missing something.

Is your CDI set to Vor1?

You must also press the APR button sometimes several times until you see the Loc and Gs mods displayed (It all depends on the mode you were in before).

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Is anyone else seeing the map offset by a couple of miles slightly as in the screenshot below? It seems to happen at all the airports I've tried, some with scenery and some without. I've tried EGBB, EGCC, EGTC and EGNX.

Would fsaerodata fix this? I'm seeing it with Sors and the default P3D stuff.

Cheers

XoWPQhj.png

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

Is your CDI set to Vor1?

You must also press the APR button sometimes several times until you see the Loc and Gs mods displayed (It all depends on the mode you were in before).

I had it set to Vor 1 originally, and then I changed it as I wasn't able to see GS - but thank you will try this later today

18 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

I would jump on this plane but the G1000 has the worst UI I know - not that it was reproduced incorrectly.

Rest assured I am still flying the Lancair Legacy V2 and Turbine Duke V2 with the GTN 750.

Regards
bs 

I agree with you that the G1000 UI is horrible when compared to say the GTN750, which is simple and very intuitive.  Having said that the G1000 is easy to get used to and the Vertx DA62 is a joy to fly.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, Tawmu said:

Is anyone else seeing the map offset by a couple of miles slightly as in the screenshot below? It seems to happen at all the airports I've tried, some with scenery and some without. I've tried EGBB, EGCC, EGTC and EGNX.

Would fsaerodata fix this? I'm seeing it with Sors and the default P3D stuff.

Cheers

XoWPQhj.png

Yes, I am seeing that - was wondering the same thing.