Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Prepar3d v5 - High Probability Proof with Picture

I would prefer not to see v5 until 2020. I have only just made the switch from v3 to v4, so give me a chance to enjoy it!! :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 minutes ago, Caterpillarandi said:

Soll ich jetzt kaufen, oder warten? Offensichtlich kommt alle halbe Jahr eine neue Version

English is the language necessary for these forums.  There are foreign language forums available on this site.

Welcome to AVSIM.

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The scenery in v5 is pretty nice I think...

bwrhpyB.jpg

Edited by Buffy Foster
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Buffy Foster said:

The scenery in v5 is pretty nice I think...

ding ding ding, we have the winning comment of the day at AVSIM.....

13 hours ago, KBUR said:

....I would prefer to set a place at my dinner table for Jenna Jameson 😋 , but probably she wouldn't appear too...

Happy new year to all of you.

Oh look, her she comes, You better set that place of maybe 2 places eh! Looks like she brought her own bag of donuts too! Happy days! 😜

jenna-jameson-out-at-lunch-in-west-holly

13 hours ago, KBUR said:

....I would prefer to set a place at my dinner table for Jenna Jameson 😋 , but probably she wouldn't appear too...

Happy new year to all of you.

Oh look, her she comes, You better set that place of maybe 2 places eh! Looks like she brought her own bag of donuts too! Happy days! 😜

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

LOL - where is this fun thread going? 🍻🤣

Just the same as it started....  this thread is nothing more than a gaggle of hens in a sewing circle!  LOL!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

19 hours ago, Avidean said:

OMG !!!!  😲  😖 😱 .... I think my guest list needs an update. 

Thank's for the warning, mate.  I should have done my research more carefully, google is your best friend 😉.  Well, during my teenage days she was a well known "guest" in my private room by this "certain movies" , but her glory days seem to be over finally and definitely.

Here another current look-update of J.J.:

jenna-jameson.jpg

H.S !!!  I think your choice of Denzil Washington is a really good choice 😅 !!!!

Happy new year 2019 to all of you!

PS:  Sorry for being a  "little bit"  off the topic.....

• Like 1

I looked at P3D release history (first year is roughly calculated).  

V1.0    151 days    V1.1   153 days   V1.2   182 days    V1.3   153 days  V1.4  469 days  : Total 1108 days

V2.0    93 days     V2.1    52 days     V2.2   116 days    V2.3   59 days    V2.4  114 days   V2.5  250 days  Total 684 days

V3.0    84 days     V3.1    77 days     V3.2   86 days     V3.3   110 days   V3.4  253 days  :  Total 610 days

V4.0    133 days   V4.1   125 days    V4.2   133 days   V4.3   156 days   V4.4  132 days   V4.5  211 days  :  Total 890 days

As of 6 nov 2019

So far, we can see that every delay over 250 days gave a new software version !  182 days have been the upper limit for an update. Today (nov 6th 2019) is 211 days from the last update.

Total number of days for a version is also meaningful for revenues. Even if LM have deep pockets, they need money and after v X.5 of lot of people must be reluctant to buy a new version. 

Last 2 versions life was 684 days or less. We are already over that number for version 4.   For all these reasons I think we can expect a new version soon ... with major changes !  

It's worth nothing but it's interesting to see …  J Guy

• Like 3

Yo - wow - I was like when did my old thread got alive from the past.  Sometimes it is fun to read what the discussions were - lol.

@untel123 wow - That data is interesting.

Yay, I think we all can assume that next release next year will be v5.  I feel P3D 4.5HF2 is ultra stable release.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

42 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Yay, I think we all can assume that next release next year will be v5.  I feel P3D 4.5HF2 is ultra stable release.

Well that's odd...

8lCvlW3.jpg

• Like 1

It's always fun to read about wish lists for v5 before MSFS was announced. It's like going back in time as a time traveler haha

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

It’s called ‘Pulling your chain’ for a laugh and Skywolf fell for it 😂