Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Flightbeam KPDX is out!

1 hour ago, ChrisKSDF said:

Wow. One has to wonder how much beta testing was done given all of those misplaced taxiway hatch marks.

which taxiways?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The green light  taxiway centerline markings are also displaced laterally  from the yellow centerline. Is that the way it  should be?

Greg

Greg Clark

50 minutes ago, greg100o said:

The green light  taxiway centerline markings are also displaced laterally  from the yellow centerline. Is that the way it  should be?

Greg

Yes. It's so the nose gear can track the centerline without running over the lights (they protrude out from the ground a few inches).

Ben 

Edited by bbain1187

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

6 hours ago, ChrisKSDF said:

Wow. One has to wonder how much beta testing was done given all of those misplaced taxiway hatch marks.

Yep. Thanks to point it out. I didn't even notice it (from the ground) and didn't look closely at my screen shot 🙂 Bill Womack has explained :

There was a single layer in the ground poly that contained all the hatch marks, and it somehow got shifted slighting during one of the final exports. It's fixed now, and just awaiting testing.

Source : http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3156#p17521

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

15 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Also, I thought all FB sceneries could be installed in trial mode, but looking on their website I can't see any reference to this option.

Howard, I think this went away when FB moved off of Couatl.

Scott

9 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Howard, I think this went away when FB moved off of Couatl.

Scott

Hi Scott, hmm, a very odd decision. They had something that many of their competitors don't offer, I would have thought they would have wanted to retain that option. A shame, because knowing what the area surrounding KPDX is like in relation to performance, I think I'll be unlikely to drop money on the counter on the pretty high possibility that performance will be an issue. It seems crazy to have to start thinking about deactivating Orbx PNW to enable an airport to run acceptably. Saying that, I have uninstalled Orbx SOCAL thinking that performance would be better around KLAX, even the default airport, but surprisingly there was no change whatsoever! The Seattle area has always been a thorn in the side of simmers, due to the high AG density and possibly maybe even aspects of coding are an influence in that area. If I read about anyone talking about a question mark over performance and are running a more than adequate machine, then I'll give the scenery a wide berth.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

16 hours ago, ChrisKSDF said:

For what this airport costs this is a very good creation. As to beta testing unless you were a government aerodrome inspector (which i was for a couple years) people not in the business such as beta testers can't be expected to know everything. In the real world mistakes are made in airport markings etc by people who are in the business. Bottom line is everyone works as a team to find and correct it.

Edited by dbw1
  • Upvote 1

Howard I think it's a case of danged if you do and danged if you don't.  As I'm sure you know, many here think that FSDT's Addon Manager and Couatl are tools of the devil 🙂 so FB made the decision to move away from them, but as I understand it those are the mechanisms that allowed the demo mode.

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Saying that, I have uninstalled Orbx SOCAL thinking that performance would be better around KLAX, even the default airport, but surprisingly there was no change whatsoever!

That is a little bit surprising, but as I've opined elsewhere, I think there's more going on in SoCal for some users than just the Orbx region.  I've got a good, but not spectacular system and fly regularly in Orbx SoCal (With LatinVFR's KSAN and KSNA, FSDT's KLAS, 29Palms' KTNP and every Orbx SoCal airport made - other than KSAN of course) with no issues whatsoever.  The worst I see is a very occasional stutter and MAYBE (generally only when I have a lot of wx going on) a 1 second or so pause in some arbitrary location, but that's pretty rare.  For the most part, it's just nice, smooth flying. 

What I don't have is Orbx Global or VECTOR.  Just sayin' 🙂

Scott

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tttocs said:

Howard I think it's a case of danged if you do and danged if you don't.  As I'm sure you know, many here think that FSDT's Addon Manager and Couatl are tools of the devil 🙂 so FB made the decision to move away from them, but as I understand it those are the mechanisms that allowed the demo mode.

That is a little bit surprising, but as I've opined elsewhere, I think there's more going on in SoCal for some users than just the Orbx region.  I've got a good, but not spectacular system and fly regularly in Orbx SoCal (With LatinVFR's KSAN and KSNA, FSDT's KLAS, 29Palms' KTNP and every Orbx SoCal airport made - other than KSAN of course) with no issues whatsoever.  The worst I see is a very occasional stutter and MAYBE (generally only when I have a lot of wx going on) a 1 second or so pause in some arbitrary location, but that's pretty rare.  For the most part, it's just nice, smooth flying. 

What I don't have is Orbx Global or VECTOR.  Just sayin' 🙂

Scott

What you say is very interesting. I don't see anything more than 22fps! Which seems absurd. I fly with very conservative settings and have a pretty beefy rig

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

That is interesting Howard, I'm sitting at PDX in the AS 319 VC with fairly high settings and AI and getting between 40-45fps.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

That is interesting Howard, I'm sitting at PDX in the AS 319 VC with fairly high settings and AI and getting between 40-45fps.

Probably unlimited frames Dave? I am locked at 30.

Howard

I'm not sure how it would it make any difference if it can't get to the limit. I just unlocked them to check after reading your post. Normally  though I have it locked at 33.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Does anyone know if the ILS approaches at Flightbeam KPDX are implemented appropriately? The reason I ask is that one of them ? ILS 28R was offset making the approach unusable in FSX. I do not know if that was corrected in P3d since they both seem to use the same airport databases. Also not sure if this scenery uses the P3d database for ILS's or created its own. Hate to make a long flight and find out the ILS does not work.

Greg

Greg Clark

Greg - I know 28R was spot on last evening.  Beautiful approach.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

50 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Probably unlimited frames Dave? I am locked at 30.

I'm locked at 30 with NVI which some deem not needed anymore with P3D v4 but it works well for me. KPDX with all the stuff in the FB manager enabled plus fairly high settings is butter smooth for me*. As I said earlier in this thread, I don't think it's scenery related.

*That is with i7 6700K at 4 Ghz, 1080ti on a 4K TV.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD