Shomron

Flightbeam KPDX is out!

Posted (edited)

Cannot wait to get home and try this. Best in the business delivers again... #ToysRUs

Edited by Drumcode

If you have previously purchased from iBlueyonder, check your email for a discount.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

If you have previously purchased from iBlueyonder, check your email for a discount.

Kudos to Bill for the generous discount.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Cannot wait to get home and try this. Best in the business delivers again... #ToysRUs

This is going to be a long Friday at work...

Posted (edited)

Just loaded it up in the default F-22 for quick look.  If you use Orbyx products, be sure to check the FlighBeam Forums KPDX FAQ first to be sure you make any necessary changes to ensure the scenery loads correctly. (My mistake... see correction a couple posts below.)

A beautiful piece of work!

Edit: The shopping center (IKEA, Best Buy, etc.) and hotels along the 28L/R short final flight path are very nicely done as well as all the area overpasses.

Edited by dmiannay

Is it just me or does this scenery look subpar for FB standards... 

Posted (edited)

So that's what Bill has been up to 😊

That shot on their website is a stunner 😲 , looks sooooo real.  Kudos!

Edited by Clutch Cargo

I get error 406 trying to get to their site.

Dave

Just tried again and I am still blocked.

Will i get a discount if i purchased KACK from Orbx....i believe Bill did that airport. 

59 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

If you use Orbyx products, be sure to check the FlighBeam Forums KPDX FAQ first to be sure you make any necessary changes to ensure the scenery loads correctly.

According to the FAQ, there are no issues whatsoever.  It is said to meld seamlessly with Orbx products, including Portland Cityscape and the nearby KVUO.

Scott

It looks good, but I don't see PBR as implemented on their feature list? :wacko:

S.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tttocs said:

According to the FAQ, there are no issues whatsoever.  It is said to meld seamlessly with Orbx products, including Portland Cityscape and the nearby KVUO.

I stand corrected, Scott.  I should have said that you may have elevation issues if you have a conflicting PDX elevation BGL in //Scenery/World/Scenery.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Just tried again and I am still blocked.

Well, I managed to purchase and now I am blocked (ERROR 406) from downloading it.

Dave

26 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Well, I managed to purchase and now I am blocked (ERROR 406) from downloading it.

Dave

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 406 Not Acceptable client error response code indicates that the server cannot produce a response.

Maybe the server is too busy..

S.

I just downloaded Portland in less than 20 sec on my connection.

19 minutes ago, simbol said:

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 406 Not Acceptable client error response code indicates that the server cannot produce a response.

Maybe the server is too busy..

S.

Thanks for the response. May have been the case as I was able to get in and am now downloading.

All the best.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

I've been looking forward to PDX ever since the FS9 payware. And I have to agree, from the screenshots, it doesn't look on the level of what I expect from Flightbeam. Hope it's just the screenshots or something

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Will i get a discount if i purchased KACK from Orbx....i believe Bill did that airport. 

No! only iblueyonder customers.

Purchased and installed.

I had to use the troubleshooter to disable 4 Orbx Pacific NW BGL files (just ran the FlightBeam mgmt tool) - before I did this the Sode Jetway was about 10ft too high (see pic)

https://imgur.com/a/30IFUt7

4 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

It's just you. 😀

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1