Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[05JAN19] Quick NOTAM for P3D 4.0-4.3 users of the 747

Captains,

We have had a few reports tonight from Prepar3D 4.0-4.3 users that updating their PMDG 747 QOTSII product to build 3.00.9193 causes the 747 to "load up dead" in the sim.  (Meaning:  No screens, no gear and no countdown timer to signal that the airplane is initializing.)

Interestingly, Kyle had this same thing happen to him tonight when testing for our rainmaker update, and we have been investigating ever since.  We have been investigating all night- and haven't reached any conclusions yet.

What we know, is that for Kyle, and for a few other users, upgrading to Prepar3D v4.4 cured the problem and returned them to normal operation

This is curious, given that many of us on the development team have been using v4.2 and v4.3 throughout testing.  (I upgraded my installation to 4.4 only last night when we knew we were closing development on this update, and I never had any issues with the 747 at all.)

Currently I am looking for input from two members of the development team who I don't expect to see until Monday- so it might take a few days for us to sort this out.  The good news is that simply updating from 4.x to 4.4 appears to cure the issue and should put you on your way.

It will also put you a bit ahead of the game because the pending update to include PBR in Prepar3D v4 will require you to be on 4.4 or newer anyway...  (I know some folks want to remain on outdated versions- but please understand that we won't be maintaining compatibility backward within v4- and also please accept my apology for apparently breaking the darn thing without giving you some warning first.  We had intended to give you a warning before doing that- but apparently **something** got inserted into this update that is linked to the 4.4 SDK and we are still trying to identify precisely what it was... )

Once I know more, I'll let you know- and if it turns out to be something easily resolved we will push it to you via update ASAP, I promise.

Edited by rsrandazzo
  • Like 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for that sanity check. I usually don't have update or install issues. I am on v4.4 but I will reinstall the client and see what happens.

Thanks again.

11 minutes ago, rob roberson said:

Thanks for that sanity check. I usually don't have update or install issues. I am on v4.4 but I will reinstall the client and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Please note installing the client on top does not update the sim. The proper way is to uninstall client and install P3Dv4.4 client as per following LM forum post

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861

We see a lot of users thought they were on P3Dv4.4 but in reality they are still in P3Dv4.3 because they have not correctly updated their sim

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

9 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

We have had a few reports tonight from Prepar3D 4.0-4.3 users that updating their PMDG 747 QOTSII product to build 3.00.9193 causes the 747 to "load up dead" in the sim.  (Meaning:  No screens, no gear and no countdown timer to signal that the airplane is initializing.)

Got the same Problem. 

Want to fly with old version but it doesnt work too. 

4 minutes ago, st1300rider said:

Had there been a simple notification PRIOR, I would not had "updated"

Not really sure how they could give you a notification prior when:

9 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

This is curious, given that many of us on the development team have been using v4.2 and v4.3 throughout testing.  (I upgraded my installation to 4.4 only last night when we knew we were closing development on this update, and I never had any issues with the 747 at all.)

It appears that nobody had this issue before. If they could, I'd like to know what they were having because they can quite clearly predict the future.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

10 minutes ago, st1300rider said:

The 747 v3 is useless now for V4. Had there been a simple notification PRIOR, I would not had "updated" Im not interested in updating to 4.4 at this juncture. This is really messed up on pmdg's part. Feeling AGITATED!!!

I can understand your frustration. I was the one on the team who caught it, because it happened to my system.

When we can predict the future, I will let you know. Until then, you'll have to accept our apologies that we fell victim to something unforeseen.

All the same, there is a workaround, and it's a less than 5 minute update to v4.4. I wouldn't call this unreasonable, as the client-only install is incredibly quick, and it's not like 4.4 has proven to be unstable. Had we asked you to do this right after 4.4 released, I'd be more inclined to agree.

After all...I didn't update to 4.4 until last night, so I get it, to a certain degree. All the same, there's no real downside to the move here.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I appreciate that Kyle. In my case there are some outstanding issues that have been reported with the 4.4 update concerning with "other" developers. Some minor, some glaring. So I will just hold out until there are reasonable fixes. Until then, I'll wait to see how this particular problem is resolved with pmdg.

what about landing isuue? there's no ground effect, and flare dosn't help to reduce vertical speed effectively

1 minute ago, WillWang said:

what about landing isuue? there's no ground effect, and flare dosn't help to reduce vertical speed effectively

You're going to have to elaborate here.

...and also sign your posts, please.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

You're going to have to elaborate here.

...and also sign your posts, please. 

When I updated 747 a couple of hours ago, I've tried 3 times landing at LROP rwy 20R, it is a disaster! Aircraft dosn't behave like it usually did(after 100ft, the ground effect will help to reduce vertical speed from -900 to around -700 when I do nothing, and a simple flare from 2.5 degree to 4 degree when 20 to 30 feet will reduce my vertical effectively to below -250 before update), and now it feels like 747 dosn't have any ground effect at all, and flare from 2.5 degree to 5 degree dosn't help to reduce vertical speed. airplane touch down heavily whit 5 degree pitch up! I tried 3 times, max loaded, and 16000kgs feul. last time when 50 call out, I raise the nose to 5 degree even more, the vertical speed just don't reduce like the 748F before update. I hople you look into it. I tried 3 time, first time is after I upated from OC, 2nd and 3rd  time I uninstall 747 entirelly and download new files from PMDG to install. And result is the same, I even pull up to 7 degree after 30ft, and airplane still hit the ground heavily.

Last night I updated to 9193, flew, all good, this morning one more update 9194, but only for 744 (I updated)....748 is still 9193....is that ok?

Thanks

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

12 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Last night I updated to 9193, flew, all good, this morning one more update 9194, but only for 744 (I updated)....748 is still 9193....is that ok?

Thanks

Yes the update was for the 744 P3Dv4 only

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 minute ago, Olympic260 said:

Yes the update was for the 744 P3Dv4 only

Thank you....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

56 minutes ago, WillWang said:

Landing is fine. I have done 2 landing one was -136 and one was -85. You did read the Change log didn’t you?

You were also asked to add your real name to your Sig. you must of not read that also 🙂

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip