Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

JF VFR Real Scenery Vol. 1: Southern England>?

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

There is a small demo area you can download and try to see fit yourself. 

Dave Garwood.

I own the complete ORBX Trueearth series for XP and will certainly get the P3D version as well. TE for XP is a gem and sports very good performance given the amount of objects displayed. I sincerely hope this will apply to the P3D version as well, where the old LC-based ORBX scenery was barely usable over London. 

Based on the screenshots, I very much doubt JF will do better than ORBX, but we'll certainly see comparisons after ORBX TE GB South for P3D4 will be released over the weekend.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I feel that the actual photo scenery is very good, probably the best for the UK at present and certainly a lot, lot better than the photo scenery used in Orbx TrueEarth XP.

However, I don't see that the buildings used in JF scenery do it any favours, I have mine turned off.

Phil

Until we see the performance impact of ORBX TE and there will be some I have NL TE, my only concern is that ORBX is going down the road of making P3D scenery and turning it into another XP no sessions and for that reason I may not buy it, and stick ORBX UK.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, philmurfin said:

I feel that the actual photo scenery is very good, probably the best for the UK at present and certainly a lot, lot better than the photo scenery used in Orbx TrueEarth XP.

However, I don't see that the buildings used in JF scenery do it any favours, I have mine turned off.

Phil

I tend to disagree here. I can't comment on P3D (yet) but find ground resolution in ORBX TE South (which I explored most) in XP quite well. There are a very few isolated places like a few parking lots etc. which are a bit blurry, for whatever reason, but generally I like what I see from 2000-3000ft AGL.

I say this without a 1:1 comparison to the JF product which I am not going to buy, though.

Missing seasons may be a serious issue for some like Raymond or Rob A. indeed. I fly VFR only and (nearly) exclusively in Summer, thus that's no serious issue for me. Plus, I am pretty sure ORBX - and maybe even others - are working on a solution. ORBX already hinted in a forum contribution they have something in the pipeline (which may or may not turn out to be successful, of course).

Kind regards, Michael

I only fly in Spring or Summer, so the lack of seasons is completely irrelevant to me. The quality of the photoscenery textures, realism of the autogen buildings and trees, and number of detailed 3D landmark objects is what matters.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The problem I see the way things are going TE no seasons, my sim is locked to my PC time and date and I only change the time I fly out Paris in feb winter I land in the UK summer, and in the future you fly out of KDEN in a snow storm and land in KSEA in summer up north TE NW, we will be able to ditch the weather programs in the future, summer all the way. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 2/7/2019 at 9:12 AM, Dirk98 said:

https://www.justflight.com/product/vfr-real-scenery-nexgen-3d-vol-one-southern-england-and-south-wales

Did anybody try this one? How is it compared to ORBX's, visually and fps-wise?

Thanks.

I suppose this is something else than https://www.horizonsimulation.com/product/vfrgenx-v1/   which I bought and so far can NOT install in Prepar3D V4 (on the webpage it says also for P3D)?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)