Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Then a seperate entry in the CP : 0-25-50-75-100%

^^This.

I don't understand why there is zero control over the objects with the hardest impact on performance, those 3DM buildings, but there is with every other object in TrueEarth with the Control Panel.

Like Christopher, I don't want these buildings to be tied to Scenery Complexity as other developers have used that setting for their own purposes. As you suggested, percentages or a Level 1 / Level 2 / Level 3 / Off selection would be very useful, instead of the stuttering mess we currently have in the most demanding locations.

I don't know if it would be easy to code and implement, but it would be such an easy win for Orbx and get back a lot of positivity for TE in P3D if they could.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I don't understand why there is zero control over the objects with the hardest impact on performance, those 3DM buildings, but there is with every other object in TrueEarth with the Control Panel.

This is what everyone was expecting ORBx to do when complaints about poor performance surfaced after TrueEarth GB South was released. I do not understand why they failed to address this :huh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

^^This.

Like Christopher, I don't want these buildings to be tied to Scenery Complexity as other developers have used that setting for their own purposes. As you suggested, percentages or a Level 1 / Level 2 / Level 3 / Off selection would be very useful, instead of the stuttering mess we currently have in the most demanding locations.

I don't know if it would be easy to code and implement, but it would be such an easy win for Orbx and get back a lot of positivity for TE in P3D if they could.

of course it's easy to do, they'd just need to produce several 3dm model files and several matching sets of agn files covering the appropriate area.  Obviously Orbx don't consider the development time worth investing to make it happen.  Who knows, maybe the performance benefit doesn't actually justify it, I dont know...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

42 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

This is what everyone was expecting ORBx to do when complaints about poor performance surfaced after TrueEarth GB South was released. I do not understand why they failed to address this :huh:

Perhaps the real underlying performance problems are due to the use of legacy objects or a failure to compile the scenery with the latest SDK version? (as per Rob A's testing)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Has everone given up on TEGB threads gone dead and still rubbish

Edited by cannow

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

1 minute ago, cannow said:

Has everone given up and TEGB threads gone dead and still rubbish

There's nothing more to discuss. We have made all the improvements that can be made without Orbx hopefully making further performance improvements.

These may come with the promised TE GB South SP1, but that itself is not due until September at the earliest as there will be a new team leader who can do & share knowledge of XP to P3D ports.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

22 minutes ago, F737NG said:

There's nothing more to discuss. We have made all the improvements that can be made without Orbx hopefully making further performance improvements.

These may come with the promised TE GB South SP1, but that itself is not due until September at the earliest as there will be a new team leader who can do & share knowledge of XP to P3D ports.

That's what I hope as well, although I am afraid it would require a major rebuild of the whole scenery.

I can't even say for certain what is wrong, except the bad performance/stutters and the ugly greenish roads, but in my eyes the whole scenery - contrary to its XP counterpart - just doesn't "catch". And no, this is not that stupid "I told you XP being better than P3D", because other P3D ORBX sceneries (I wouldn't dare to say all of them with perhaps very few exceptions), and notably TE The Netherlands, have that "catchy" look.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

That's what I hope as well, although I am afraid it would require a major rebuild of the whole scenery.

I can't even say for certain what is wrong, except the bad performance/stutters and the ugly greenish roads, but in my eyes the whole scenery - contrary to its XP counterpart - just doesn't "catch". And no, this is not that stupid "I told you XP being better than P3D", because other P3D ORBX sceneries (I wouldn't dare to say all of them with perhaps very few exceptions), and notably TE The Netherlands, have that "catchy" look.

I understand what you mean. I do think it is more appealing visually and certainly better performing in XP.

We know what the performance issue is caused by, just have to wait to see if it is given a proper fix rather than a workaround.

I'm sticking with it as it's my home country, plus it's better than the old Horizon VFR photo scenery and I prefer photo scenery over landclass. But I won't be buying any other countries' TE scenery. Shame, there were a few places announced that I was interested in.

Edited by F737NG
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I'm sticking with it as it's my home country, plus it's better than the old Horizon VFR photo scenery and I prefer photo scenery over landclass. But I won't be buying any other countries' TE scenery. Shame, there were a few places announced that I was interested in

100% agreed

• Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

After killing building and tree shadows I seem to run the London area with just adequate fps, but there are major stutters. I was not as happy with TEGBS as I was with NE. It appears rushed and many areas aren't even color corrected (a lot of concrete and road areas). Also was very disappointed how this whole thing has rolled out. We did get NE for P3D first, and I love it. But then they went on an XP binge and did all of GB. We were told at one point the TE PNW would be for P3D first, but guess what....XP again! So here we are with an incomplete GB and lord knows how long that and an update for South will take. The FSX and P3D customers have been the bread and butter for Orbx for a long time. This feels like a slap in the face. I'm concentrating on other airport scenery now.

• Like 3

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

I really like the look of TrueEarth GB South (even with all of those 3DM files disabled, although this affects London much more than anywhere else), which is why I am frustrated that GB Central is nowhere to be seen. I want to replace my Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery as soon as possible, so that I can enjoy flights over consistently colour balanced and richly detailed UK scenery from Cornwall to the Shetland Isles. Of course, they will need to source higher resolution mesh for the P3D version of GB North. Scotland at 30m mesh resolution is not "as real as it gets".

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Imho Orbx could do more to improve performance. Just by adding an extra feature in their control panel : 25% - 50% - 75% - 100% of the 3DM objects. And with a lower setting AG buildings will replace them.

To have a much better framerate I disabled the 3DM objects for London and use the Prealsoft London AG instead...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

52 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Imho Orbx could do more to improve performance. Just by adding an extra feature in their control panel : 25% - 50% - 75% - 100% of the 3DM objects. And with a lower setting AG buildings will replace them.

To have a much better framerate I disabled the 3DM objects for London and use the Prealsoft London AG instead...

Yes last night I spent more time on this add on something I promised myself I would never do . Disabled  all 3DM and usable. London at dusk was spectacular . Did try adding some back but nothing that would allow it to work well . Most of the scenary works well except London and Southampton my home town with 3DM enabled on a 1080p single monitor . London stutters even with TV settings. . Vram ram and Ram are too high this was not the case in 4.4 happened in 4.5 pre and post hotfix. . Introduce VR in the equation and scenary falls over spectacularly .

Removing the 3DM models and I have acceptable VR, not great but usable remember I have high end kit . My real gripe has been ORBX lack of support it has been abysmal . 

I want to to  buy buildings HD but very nervous it may turn my whole sim in to a stutter fest or have to crank the settings so far down in looks like fsx 2004

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

But that requires Dev time to make it happen, maybe when the new team starts in September we'll see it addressed

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

51 minutes ago, cannow said:

I want to to  buy buildings HD but very nervous it may turn my whole sim in to a stutter fest or have to crank the settings so far down in looks like fsx 2004

BuildingsHD won't replace anything in TE GB, TE NL or EU Germany North and South as they already have custom textures.

Orbx reckon on needing only 3Gb of VRAM and the new textures not having any noticeable impact on performance. I'm inclined to believe them on that, so I'll buy it at release and report back on my experience.

This new team leader for XP to P3D porting can't get started soon enough, TE is an afterthought in P3D at the moment.

@Christopher Low I don't know what mesh you are currently using. Toposim  is currently offering a GB mesh up to 19m for free on their own website under 'Daily Freebie'. Could be better than 30m with TE GB North.