Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09FEB19] Happy Birthday!: The Queen's 50th and BA's 100th.

I think people are happy about what’s to come on PMDG products. Just can’t wait to hear the news. I’m one of those people. As a aircraft mechanic on 777 I love to hear when new things are coming to the 777 on a sim. To see a lot that PMDG implement. I’m like wow. So close to getting the MAT to work. That’s a lot of realism in this PMDG product. I’m new to the sim world too. So I’m figuring out a lot of this on websites like this. I know some people can be a pain but don’t get mad at the people/Fans that want you to knock it out the park Olympic260. As a new simmer. Thx for having me and letting me be apart of this great experience. 

Edited by King24
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Westlex35 said:

Exactly. We don't see the update!

Exactly. It is simple when there is an update we will provide one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Don't get mad at me, but my "concern" is not on the fact that there are no updates from Robert, it is on the fact that each time a time frame is given, it is abundantly overridden, as if each time there are big issues that don't get that time frame respected. This happens even in the present case of the pbr, where there was only to test a visual modification, unless (but I have no info about that) along with the PBR there are improvements in other areas, such as bug corrections (such as that of the manual N1 not maintained by the EEC), etc... 

James Goggi

34 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Don't get mad at me, but my "concern" is not on the fact that there are no updates from Robert, it is on the fact that each time a time frame is given, it is abundantly overridden, as if each time there are big issues that don't get that time frame respected. This happens even in the present case of the pbr, where there was only to test a visual modification, unless (but I have no info about that) along with the PBR there are improvements in other areas, such as bug corrections (such as that of the manual N1 not maintained by the EEC), etc... 

As Kyle has said this is software development. Software development is not linear and issues pop up. N1 "bug fix" will not be part of this update as it is not yet identified as a bug

Chris Makris

12 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

N1 "bug fix" will not be part of this update as it is not yet identified as a bug

Please, let me say that, unless you show me a video from the real plane or from the real sim where it behaves like in the PMDG 747, I firmly state that it **IS** a bug! Now tell me, why was it fixed for the HOLD mode? isn't it the same? The EEC has full control over N1 (GE engines)... Waiting for a feedback (open ticket).

Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

9 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Please, let me say that, unless you show me a video from the real plane or from the real sim where it behaves like in the PMDG 747, I firmly state that it **IS** a bug! Now tell me, why was it fixed for the HOLD mode? isn't it the same? The EEC has full control over N1 (GE engines)... Waiting for a feedback (open ticket).

I know you have a ticket open and Paul is checking it. You will get a feedback from him on the ticket when he checks it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

2 hours ago, jgoggi said:

, it is on the fact that each time a time frame is given, it is abundantly overridden, less .. 

Correct and its been like that for 10 years. So you/we have three options.

A) Believe Roberts "time" frames. After 10 years everyone should have learnt by now.

B) /rolleyes and lol......Smile, and for fun make a bet with yourself when it really will come out. 

The one everyone should do by now.

C) Enjoy the news. Nothing else.<<<that bit is really important.

/tongue in cheek.

The only explanation that works for me is Robert lives in another galaxy. He comes to plant earth makes a post hinting around a week or a week and a half. Then he gets into his UFO flys at the speed of light home. A week later (his time) he flies back and ...... a month gone by!(our time) So you see James, Roberts hints and time frame are correct to him. See it's easy when you know the reason why?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

One of the advantages of being an over-the-road truck driver is those time frames don't make a difference to me since I won't be able to fly the plane anytime soon anyway.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 hours ago, jgoggi said:

In the realm of reality, the burden of proof is always to be held by the accuser.

You have a ticket open. It's being looked into. I've said it before: you don't get anything special for finding a flaw anywhere - our software, another person, or anything else. The near bloodlust you have for not only finding things, elatedly pointing them out, and then chasing the team around asking for updates not only baffles me, but - quite honestly - occasionally concerns me.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

n the realm of reality

Back on subject, the first time I flew on a B747 was 1970 going from KLAX to PHNL on a Pan Am B747-100. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

6 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Back on subject, the first time I flew on a B747 was 1970 going from KLAX to PHNL on a Pan Am B747-100. 🙂

I'm wondering if one of my first flights (in a 747) was a former PAA bird (only one of their 742s was, apparently). It was a UAL equipment change from IAD to MIA back in the 90s. Originally a B762, but they swapped in a B742 - the old large-stripe white scheme - for what I assume was seasonal volume (spring break for DC-area schools).

I didn't track the amount of detail on my flights, so I'm not 100% sure. All I know is that it was a 747 on 1999-04-02 from IAD to MIA. 

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

In the realm of reality, the burden of proof is always to be held by the accuser.

Well, if I had a real 747, I would not be here… On the other hand, I think you at PMDG have the possibility to access a "real" 747 simulator. In that case it's easy, just put the 747 on the runway threshold, advance the throttles to XX% N1 and see what N1 does as the airplane accelerates along the runway... 

James Goggi

8 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Well, if I had a real 747, I would not be here… On the other hand, I think you at PMDG have the possibility to access a "real" 747 simulator. In that case it's easy, just put the 747 on the runway threshold, advance the throttles to XX% N1 and see what N1 does as the airplane accelerates along the runway... 

Wasn't saying we were right or wrong (if I were saying the former, I wouldn't have said we were looking into it). I was simply saying that your assertion earlier that it is a bug unless proven otherwise is logically and intellectually false, and a bit irresponsible.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

13 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

...your assertion earlier that it is a bug unless proven otherwise is logically and intellectually false, and a bit irresponsible.

It's based on logical reasoning, real life pilots and technicians opinions, other very realistic sims and also on my previous experience as aeronautical engineer and flight test engineer… So, I thought twice or thrice before reporting it, even because, of course, and I repeat it, it's a pain for me and less than desirable when I find out issues… 

James Goggi