Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

FPS in V4.5 (waiting for a fix)

11 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Bert

Did you just update Client?

xxd09

Correct.. and deleted the Shaders folder.

• Like 1

Bert

2 hours ago, tooting said:

any news on the fix ??

Rob McCarthy wrote on the 16th about a hotfix in the "next couple of weeks".

The 16th was Tuesday last week.

Certainly you see that "a couple of weeks" hasn't past.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, ols500 said:

Game mode on means Windows detects you are running a game and focuses all resources on that one application.

Yes this is Increasing priority on P3D.

When increasing priority on P3D what is actually happening is that everything else is lowered in priority, we don't actually raise priority. Since P3D is dependent on many parts of the system it's not going to be too happy having to wait longer for a resource. P3D and super fast PC requires care and attention to detail in the setup.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Sorry, Steve, but what does this mean? Should we put Game mode "on" or "off" for running P3D on Windows 10?

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Sorry, Steve, but what does this mean? Should we put Game mode "on" or "off" for running P3D on Windows 10?

Ditto 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

19 minutes ago, AnkH said:

You want it off.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On 4/19/2019 at 9:51 AM, tooting said:

this issue they have found , does it involve the sim freezing up for a few seconds ? 

The scenery loading pauses.. I doubt it.. :unsure:

Bert

10 hours ago, AnkH said:

10 hours ago, tooting said:

Ditto 

I was agreeing that we don't use game mode for P3D which is saying the same thing as don't change priority on P3D. Because P3D relies on so many other processes that will be reduced in priority

What I said was clear - that to raise priority on something is to lower everything else's priority.

"When increasing priority on P3D what is actually happening is that everything else is lowered in priority, we don't actually raise priority. Since P3D is dependent on many parts of the system it's not going to be too happy having to wait longer for a resource. P3D and super fast PC requires care and attention to detail in the setup. "

Edited by SteveW
  • Upvote 2

On 4/27/2019 at 9:09 AM, Farlis said:

Rob McCarthy wrote on the 16th about a hotfix in the "next couple of weeks".

The 16th was Tuesday last week.

Certainly you see that "a couple of weeks" hasn't past.

Today is 2 weeks,

I have heard that Orbx is part of the problem.

I went back to 4.4 but the reversal has brought the same issues with it.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Two weeks might be a little optimistic for the complexity. Let's give them plenty of time it will come out in the wash.

• Upvote 4

On 4/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Well, I don't think that's a good analogy. Parts of FSX don't exist in any way the same shape or form any more. Chunks are being replaced. it just isn't a complete rewrite all at once, but bit by bit -- evolution not revolution. 

XPlane has gone the same way. If you want a complete new sim written from scratch try Aerofly FS2. You'll need to wait whilst it gradually covers more of the world, of course, andhas all the bells and whistles added, but the main engine is all new.

I think the original basic Flight Sim design has proven itself over the years and has come a very long way, and I have seen them all right from Bruce Artwick's first version back in the 80's. P3D4, to me, is a massive achievement and I take my hat off to L-M.

Pete

If that's a "new" main engine, then we're in trouble...LOL.  I love ya Pete, but c'mon. 🙂 

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply