kyrillos

New airports in ultimate traffic live

I've just buyed UTLIVE to get the new airport of Dakar (GOBD) But only the old airport (GOOY) is present and there's no traffic in GOBD . Is there a solution to add new airports on UTLIVE please

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 hours ago, kyrillos said:

I've just buyed UTLIVE to get the new airport of Dakar (GOBD) But only the old airport (GOOY) is present and there's no traffic in GOBD . Is there a solution to add new airports on UTLIVE please

As every AI traffic package UTL only uses airports which are included in stock P3D. There is a way to add additional airports to UTL but you also have to deactivate some stock schedules of UTL and add schedules including new airports as destination.

6 hours ago, kyrillos said:

I had a similar long standing problem with some airports (FAJS now FAOR, FADN now FALE). There was supposed to have been a "power pack" released to allow easier modifications but to date nothing. As Jim said, rather visit their forums since I have raised the issue there and you may find a solution (I haven't checked there lately).

Regards.

UTL devs has dipped I swear 😞 I think the guys wife had awful cancer so he had to stop it. Why can't any other company produce a HD AI pack? I don't understand...

Just use AIG's AI manager and get incredible models, accurate liveries and superior schedules to any of the payware AI offerings for free! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Just use AIG's AI manager and get incredible models, accurate liveries and superior schedules to any of the payware AI offerings for free! 

Does that involve a lot of tinkering? One of the things I like about UTL is the simplicity of starting the sim and having reasonably accurate AI at the airports.

Posted (edited)

UTL is missing an incredible amount of liveries as well as aircraft types. While you can add them in yourself, it requires A LOT of work and you still end up with no traffic at the many newer airports that aren't included with FSX/P3d.

With AIG's AI manager you can bulk install hundreds of airlines including all models and liveries right away and there are new ones being released and updated all the time. The quality is unmatched by any of the payware AI options, it's not even close.

Edited by Dave_YVR

I will definitely have a look. Sounds intriguing. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

UTL is missing an incredible amount of liveries as well as aircraft types. While you can add them in yourself, it requires A LOT of work and you still end up with no traffic at the many newer airports that aren't included with FSX/P3d.

With AIG's AI manager you can bulk install hundreds of airlines including all models and liveries right away and there are new ones being released and updated all the time. The quality is unmatched by any of the payware AI options, it's not even close.

I agree. I have used AIG and have every new airport populated (The AIG Manager detects the ICAO codes on your simulator whether outdated or new and populates the airports accordingly). For example, I have FAOR (Old code FAJS) and the airport is fully populated. Same for FALE which was similar to a "ghost town" with the payware AI products.The payware AI options could never do that. I have every airline that flies to my part of the world and every airport is populated using AIG. I have deleted my payware products. 

Edited by Peter Webber

5 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

UTLive has AI flying on routes rather than direct to gps. To me that is the one and only reason to keep using UTLive and just update liveries and flight plans in that.

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

UTLive has AI flying on routes rather than direct to gps. To me that is the one and only reason to keep using UTLive and just update liveries and flight plans in that.

While they do have some pairings on routes, MANY are not, and those ones that aren't are direct airport to airport. The routes that are used are also nothing more than your basic IFR route created by the default FSX flight planner.  Anyone that has ever used the default flight planner I'm hoping knows that those routes are nowhere near realistic.  

Quoting just stopped working very odd... Yeah the flight plans are not that accurate but I do believe they are better than nothing, and you will be seeing airplanes flying nearby you on routes using some type of plan so I still think... better than direct to gps. For me this matters and will get me to use UTLive once I can afford a computer powerful enough to run AI traffic!

7 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

For me this matters and will get me to use UTLive once I can afford a computer powerful enough to run AI traffic!

That's the best part of it all, we have a choice. I'll take still seeing traffic while in the enroute etc but also the more accurate and optimized schedules as well as fleet types and allocations etc. 

16 hours ago, Bigt said:

I will definitely have a look. Sounds intriguing. 

I had a few bumps when I first started using AIM OCI but those have been resolved. I used to use UTL and then made the jump. Excellent program with excellent support along the way. It couldn't be easier to use, trust me. Requires no tweaking or anything of that nature; the app controls all of it.

They really need to charge for this 😎

Cheers,

Mark

3 minutes ago, newtie said:

excellent support along the way.

I wouldn't say excellent. Sure UTL does the job and the UI is good/very good in my opinion. There hasn't been an update in a while and some models textures are lacking "HD" or sharpness. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, newtie said:

Definitely won't happen when it's based around freeware models, repaints and schedule work.

Edited by Sethos1988

A company needs to develop an AI from the ground up, none of these reused crappy models from FSX... 

Looks like 90% of the responds have missed the OP's need .... 

4 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Looks like 90% of the responds have missed the OP's need .... 

Sort of yes, it's just not the answer he was looking for most likely. The easiest and best solution to the op's question is to use the AI Manager and then disable any of those added airlines in UTL.

1 hour ago, ols500 said:

I wouldn't say excellent. Sure UTL does the job and the UI is good/very good in my opinion. There hasn't been an update in a while and some models textures are lacking "HD" or sharpness. 

I meant AIM.

On 4/21/2019 at 5:25 AM, Peter Webber said:

I agree. I have used AIG and have every new airport populated (The AIG Manager detects the ICAO codes on your simulator whether outdated or new and populates the airports accordingly). For example, I have FAOR (Old code FAJS) and the airport is fully populated. Same for FALE which was similar to a "ghost town" with the payware AI products.The payware AI options could never do that. I have every airline that flies to my part of the world and every airport is populated using AIG. I have deleted my payware products. 

does aig complete their routes? I don't see any traffic between FAOR and FACT when flying the route!!

15 hours ago, newtie said:

I had a few bumps when I first started using AIM OCI but those have been resolved. I used to use UTL and then made the jump. Excellent program with excellent support along the way. It couldn't be easier to use, trust me. Requires no tweaking or anything of that nature; the app controls all of it.

Cheers,

Mark

Can this program be used with UTL to simply add a few cargo airlines?

Yes, you can use both. AIM is controlled by the in sim slider, so you have to turn off the default bgl files first. I still prefer UTL because of the lower footprint it imposes on the sim. AIM is terrific, but you are now back to loading ai directly inside the sim so the FPS will drop faster if you go to high densities of traffic. However, if you are just using a few added routes it should be fine. I am already making myself a few routes to use for the upcoming SEQM so it won't be bare. I will just turn them on when I go to that airport.

Lee