kingm56

Growing Frustrated

First, I want to make this clear, I wish REX well with the release of their latest product!  However, as an avid Flt Sim consumer, I’m starting to grow frustrated at the multiple products required to generate a realistic atmosphere.  Today, I’m running 3 separate programs:

AS16                                                      Wx Engine

SF3D                                                      Clouds/Environment

ASCA/ENVTEX/ENSHADE                    Sky Textures/Environment

At this time, I don’t feel like adding a 4th. 

I really wish we could get a single, simple and inclusive weather program;  I’d love to launch one app and have it manipulate the sim's settings based on environmental factors. Competition is great; however, in this instance, I'd love to see a partnership capable of producing a single app to launch and update...I can dream....

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am content with the ORBX weather themes especially #2.  I do use the textures from Sky Force however.

Cheers
bs

17 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

First, I want to make this clear, I wish REX well with the release of their latest product!  However, as an avid Flt Sim consumer, I’m starting to grow frustrated at the multiple products required to generate a realistic atmosphere.  Today, I’m running 3 separate programs:

AS16                                                      Wx Engine

SF3D                                                      Clouds/Environment

ASCA/ENVTEX/ENSHADE                    Sky Textures/Environment

At this time, I don’t feel like adding a 4th. 

I really wish we could get a single, simple and inclusive weather program;  I’d love to launch one app and have it manipulate the sim's settings based on environmental factors. Competition is great; however, in this instance, I'd love to see a partnership capable of producing a single app to launch and update...I can dream....

If you are using Environment Force you do not need to open SF3D.  Are you using ASCA as your dynamic textures?

• Upvote 1

Give it time, I believe we will have that soon. This is just one step closer. I don't like a lot of programs either. I use Active Sky for weather, I was using ASCA until I got Sky Force. I was using PTA and ENVTEX/ENSHADE until I got Environment Force. And I most likely won't use Active Sky once Weather Force comes out. Once the REX trifecta is completed, I think we will only have just one program to open up. Just hang in there. 

I did not k

54 minutes ago, rstough said:

If you are using Environment Force you do not need to open SF3D.  Are you using ASCA as your dynamic textures?

Afternoon, sir. 

I only use ASCA for sky textures; I use SF3D for everything else.

Thanks for the info; I may purchase EF If I don’t need to open/maintain multiple products.  

There is a single program... it's called the default weather engine! 😄  Ok... maybe not so funny.  Was just trying to bring a smile to your worn-weather frustration.  I have several weather apps.  REX soft clouds, not ASA but that other weather engine with the build in camera mode?  I keep telling myself I am gonna hook'em all up but never do.

Why do simmers always want bad weather anyway?  I thought the idea was to avoid bad weather when flying.  Oh well, here in SoCal weather is pretty boring so I use just fair weather. 

Hope you get your situation fiqured out.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Why do simmers always want bad weather anyway?  I thought the idea was to avoid bad weather when flying.  Oh well, here in SoCal weather is pretty boring so I use just fair weather.

I don't want bad weather, per se - what I want is real weather with all of its challenges and variability.

Scott

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Easy one: because even with not so bad weather, the planes in the simulator behave like flying on rails. Nice weather flying is good for VFR sightseeing with a small GA plane, but for everything else, bad weather is equally or more interesting than no clouds and no wind.

OR: because we want REALISTIC weather. If you do not live in sunny state but in many other places over the world, weather is usually bad ;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That's another HUGE advantage of Aerofly FS 2: it has no weather at all... 😜

I wish I could complain like you guys do about the weather options of my current sim,,, LOL I'm jealous!!!

First world problems. When we started off with FSX back in 2006 people would have killed for all the options we have now. 😉

But well, I do have to say it would of course be nice if there was ONE addon to rule them all. 😎

One app would eliminated the multiple page threads that spawn every time a new weather program is released.  To that point, REX has never been good at explaining exactly what their products manipulate; thus, it's up to the users to figure out compatibility. 

Too bad you're not using P3D, Jeroen.  I recall you posted an easy-to-read thread explaining how to integrate AS4, SF3D, ASCA and ENVTEX during REX's prior release.  I think a similar post would be helpful to clear up what EF does, and doesn't do...

Posted (edited)

If you want to know more about EV and what it can do check out the twitch stream posted in the thread nearly ready last Saturday 1hr going through what it can do.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J van E said:

That's another HUGE advantage of Aerofly FS 2: it has no weather at all... 😜

I wish I could complain like you guys do about the weather options of my current sim,,, LOL I'm jealous!!!

First world problems. When we started off with FSX back in 2006 people would have killed for all the options we have now. 😉

But well, I do have to say it would of course be nice if there was ONE addon to rule them all. 😎

You are right about that. If we could have done what we do now in 2006 - wow that would have been crazy.  We broke up our products because many didn't want the huge downloads and only used parts of the program.  We started this with the REX 4 Direct series.  REX 5 Force series is the same format, but we will be greatly expanding each product over the next year.

Hi all. I am a new user of rex environment force. Unlike many here, I have to say that I have just made an extraordinary flight from Tenerife to La Palma, and the atmosphere has been incredible. The program makes each flight different, and I combine it with AS16, and the textures of rex sky force. Enjoy it if you buy it, and if you do not want any changes on screen, do not buy it. easy!:)

9 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Hi all. I am a new user of rex environment force. Unlike many here, I have to say that I have just made an extraordinary flight from Tenerife to La Palma, and the atmosphere has been incredible. The program makes each flight different, and I combine it with AS16, and the textures of rex sky force. Enjoy it if you buy it, and if you do not want any changes on screen, do not buy it. easy!:)

That is great to hear.  

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, Arthur42417 said:

welcome to Flight Simming👍😄

Pretty much that, but I sympathize.  The number of modules and programs I need to launch before even flying boggles the mind (more so knowing most were payware ha)...especially atmosphere and visuals.  I'd love to trim down the quantity.

Edited by CaptKornDog

3 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

The number of modules and programs I need to launch before even flying boggles the mind (more so knowing most were payware ha)...especially atmosphere and visuals.  I'd love to trim down the quantity.

I suggest to use SimStarter NG. Among other things, it enables you to define a set of programs that will be launched when you start a flight.

Peter

All I would add if never had a weather program I would still never fly without EF now , the changes you can make on the fly in the air without exiting the sim is mind boggling. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2019 at 12:52 AM, rstough said:

If you are using Environment Force you do not need to open SF3D. 

Is this for sure? If I remember correctly, in the REX forum we were advised first to start SF3D, then EF, then ASP4, then P3Dv4.

Sorry, currently no access to REX forum (I don't have my credentials available her on work)

Edited by Nemo

4 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

I suggest to use SimStarter NG. Among other things, it enables you to define a set of programs that will be launched when you start a flight.

Peter

I wrote my own batch file.  Still, would like to trim down the overall number of programs required (especially for atmosphere and visuals) and see developers consolidate someday.

One could hope.

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

Is this for sure? If I remember correctly, in the REX forum we were advised first to start SF3D, then EF, then ASP4, then P3Dv4.

Sorry, currently no access to REX forum (I don't have my credentials available her on work)

I'm also not sure anymore...

Posted (edited)

I can only comment on a combination I use (and it works abolutely great in my case):

I use Active Sky to inject the real world weather data, so I start this one first. In case the AS is being used as a weather "provider" you don`t even need to start Sky Force. I only ran Sky Force once to insert a theme - a combination of clouds and sky textures (Matt Davies`s theme to be precise), this combination is only used as a base and gets changed during a flight. After AS, I start EF in AUTO mode and load P3D.  As soon as I get in the sim EF loads the textures according to a real world weather injected data in a way that it picks the appropriate textures from the Sky Force location. 

Regards,

Matej

Edited by hollow1slo

I run REX Sky Force 3D & Active Sky p3dv4 on networked PC - Usually start REX and send to sim selected theme or individual texture sets, Weather is disabled. Active Sky afterwards and then The Sim. Works perfectly and produces amazing weather from full overcasts all the way fair weather. Also use PTA.