AlphaInfinity

Looking for a study Level GA Aircraft

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

 

Looking for a study level GA aircraft with the following features:

1. Simulated icing with visible icing effects

2. rain effects on the windshield

3. Top notch sound

4. TCAS  and TAWS(or at least reality XP compatibility 

I would prefer a turbo prop but I am trying to keep an open mind. I already own a few of the A2A products and the Vertx Da62 doesn't have icing or rain effects. 

Edited by AlphaInfinity

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There isn't anything out there in P3D 

Share this post


Link to post

The A2A ones are the best ones you're going to find for P3D, but no visible icing on them.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Milviz 310 Redux 

Flight1 B200

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

You need X plane 11 and the TBM900

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

You need X plane 11 and the TBM900

+1 and the AFL King Air

Share this post


Link to post

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 is amazing, top level simulation despite being years old. Couple of things to note, it is compatible with the GTN 750 but no icing effects and the only rain effects are the default P3D ones, better than nothing though!

If you can hold out at all, Milviz's B350i & B350-not-i will be coming which will feature everything you asked for! And as a sidenote, the Airfoillabs (AFL) king air in x-plane uses the same visual model as the Milviz's one, so it will look just as good in P3D but with a glass cockpit and more detailed systems (steam in the non-i variant) just depends if you can wait a couple more months for release

Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post

DO NOT BUY THE F1 KING AIR whatever you do ... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

DO NOT BUY THE F1 KING AIR whatever you do ... 

That one is pretty good actually...as long as you have a strong system.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

That one is pretty good actually...as long as you have a strong system.

I have a good system I think. 

The guage refresh rate on the G1000 is awful. 

Its a total port over from FSX. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I have a good system I think. 

The guage refresh rate on the G1000 is awful. 

Its a total port over from FSX. 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

DO NOT BUY THE F1 KING AIR whatever you do ... 

Works great on my 4790K, GTX 970, one of my all time favorites, perhaps there is an issue with your system or settings? Never had an issue with it or the F1 Mustang?

Edited by MartinRex007

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

DO NOT BUY THE F1 KING AIR whatever you do ... 

The F1 King Air is very good IMHO. The refresh rate on the G1000 is lacking yes, however generally speaking it models most of what you need. VNAV is not implemented, but who would use that anyway? It's a beast of a turbo prop, with amazing performance, it handles very nicely and lends itself really well to hand flying instrument approaches.

Basically I use the autopilot simply as a heading/altitude hold for the cruise. Using it for anything else would be missing the point entirely of this hugely upgraded B200.

For a study level, it's close.. it is not perfect but it will give you lots of enjoyment.

Edited by BusheFlyer

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BusheFlyer said:

The F1 King Air is very good IMHO. The refresh rate on the G1000 is lacking yes, however generally speaking it models most of what you need. VNAV is not implemented, but who would use that anyway? It's a beast of a turbo prop, with amazing performance, it handles very nicely and lends itself really well to hand flying instrument approaches.

Basically I use the autopilot simply as a heading/altitude hold for the cruise. Using it for anything else would be missing the point entirely of this hugely upgraded B200.

For a study level, it's close.. it is not perfect but it will give you lots of enjoyment.

So to be clear, this aircraft has rain effects, visible icing and tcas or taws capability?

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The guage refresh rate on the G1000 is awful. 

The trick with G1000 is to switch off the map view when taking off or taxiing around the airport.  I switch to the system info page and the FPS goes back up by 20 or 30. Only the map view kills your FPS. It’s a little ghetto but it will make the FPS experience a lot better. Once you get some altitude and FPS headroom you can have the map displayed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

The trick with G1000 is to switch off the map view when taking off or taxiing around the airport.  I switch to the system info page and the FPS goes back up by 20 or 30. Only the map view kills your FPS. It’s a little ghetto but it will make the FPS experience a lot better. Once you get some altitude and FPS headroom you can have the map displayed. 

FPS had nothing to do with the G1000 refresh rate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

FPS had nothing to do with the G1000 refresh rate.

 

There is a video of the framerate on the info page at 80 FPS and then switching to the map and watching it drop to 46-47 FPS.

Per the discussion a year ago on this the explanation was:

"Other addon vendors have settings to reduce update rate on these kinds of displays like PMDG 737 and Majestic Q400 for this reason.

To be clear it's not because of increased GPU or CPU usage but the syncing of the framerates of the display."

Might not specifically be "refresh rate" as you are describing it but the performance issue is entirely related to its update rate with the map and the framerates don't sync so you get a massive performance issue.

Edited by TravelRunner404

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AlphaInfinity said:

So to be clear, this aircraft has rain effects, visible icing and tcas or taws capability?

It has visible icing which is also modelled on performance (up to a point anyway). It also has TCAS and TAWS. The one thing it doesn't have is rain effects, although it does have wipers.

Share this post


Link to post

I would recommend any of the A2A aircraft. They go above and beyond with the maintenance hangar and the aircraft aging and the need of maintenance really brings a high level of immersion and of course they are RXP compatible.

Share this post


Link to post

I would LOVE to fly my A2A aircraft, but they are having some serious issues with the a2asimulations.com site at the moment and are heads down trying to get that resolved. Hopefully I can download my purchases once the troubleshooting is complete. 

Share this post


Link to post

Its up now so hurry and grab your goodies! :)

Share this post


Link to post

All,

 

Thank you for the suggestions! It does in fact look like A2A has the market cornered for GA.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/2/2019 at 7:48 PM, MacSalisbury said:

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 is amazing,

Unfortunately, unless OP already owns it, he can't legally obtain it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, AlphaInfinity said:

All,

 

Thank you for the suggestions! It does in fact look like A2A has the market cornered for GA.

Yes all of A2A's aircraft are excellent, I also use their AccuFeel for non-A2A aircraft. I am hoping one day they add a turbo prop. Until then the Flight1 B200 is the best around.

I am so grateful for developers like A2A, much of the sim world is resolved to modelling the most boring tube liners with ever more automation. I also consider it highly unfortunate that in the real world boeing and airbus pump out increasingly profit seeking models at the expense of actual flying enjoyment. The Concorde remains as the last great airliner.

Anyway I digress.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, BusheFlyer said:

I also consider it highly unfortunate that in the real world boeing and airbus pump out increasingly profit seeking models at the expense of actual flying enjoyment.

As a passenger on those boring tubeliners, I'm much more interested in getting to my destination safely than in making the job more exciting for the pilot.

And honestly, hand-flying an airplaine at FL400 at proper econ cruise speed isn't interesting, it's just a pain in the butt. That's true even in a "cool" plane. Blackbird pilots will tell you that flying mach 3 at 80,000 feet is cool in concept, but in practice flying a Cessna at 100 kts 500AGL feels faster and there's more variety of stuff to do.

Plus, there's a certain satisfaction to meticulously planning something and then orchestrating the execution. Some people really like that, and that personality type isn't terribly unusual in airline pilots.

Edited by eslader

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now