Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, pete_auau said:

if  you  don't   want  the ui  to  auto  start  when  you start  ef  open up  ef   click  on the  man  first,  than  select option  and  in the bottom  right  hand  side  deselect  the  ui option,    than  change the mode  back  to auto  and  that's  it   no  need  to touch  anything  if  your  using  auto  mode

all you need  to do if  start ef  first   than  your  sim   reverse  order  when  closing  the  sim

Excellent.  Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I think I've discovered an usual problem.  Was hoping someone could confirm.

I'm using EF and flying with the FlyMaddogX.  

When I use the pilot side pop-up FMS, I cannot get the LSK on the left side of the FMS to enter data - right side LSK, pilot non-pop-up FMS, and co-pilot FMS all work fine.  Just the left side on pilot pop-up.  The little hand comes up and I can hover over the LSK, but when I go to enter the data, I cannot do an input.

I've narrowed it down to EF because I cleaned out my shaders folder and let the sim build a new one, the FMS worked fine.  But when I run EF and let it make changes, the FMS left side LSK no longer work.

0VT3xC6.jpg

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

6 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I think I've discovered an usual problem.  Was hoping someone could confirm.

I'm using EF and flying with the FlyMaddogX.  

When I use the pilot side pop-up FMS, I cannot get the LSK on the left side of the FMS to enter data - right side LSK, pilot non-pop-up FMS, and co-pilot FMS all work fine.  Just the left side on pilot pop-up.  The little hand comes up and I can hover over the LSK, but when I go to enter the data, I cannot do an input.

I've narrowed it down to EF because I cleaned out my shaders folder and let the sim build a new one, the FMS worked fine.  But when I run EF and let it make changes, the FMS left side LSK no longer work.

0VT3xC6.jpg

Hi Aaron,

Exactly the same happens to me with the Maddog as well as with the FSLabs, I cant seem to make any input on the left side of my display. I have to move the popped up 2D Panel a little to the right in order to make it work.

Hopefully they fix this soon. Glad you found the cause of this issue, I`ve never imagined the faulty app was EF.

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

1 hour ago, rafikihd said:

Hi Aaron,

Exactly the same happens to me with the Maddog as well as with the FSLabs, I cant seem to make any input on the left side of my display. I have to move the popped up 2D Panel a little to the right in order to make it work.

Hopefully they fix this soon. Glad you found the cause of this issue, I`ve never imagined the faulty app was EF.

Thank you for confirming.  Not sure, but are they (REX or Maddog) team aware?

So you just moved the pop up 2D to right and it works again?  Do you have to move it after every use or is just one nudge enough to keep it working for the rest of the flight?

Aaron Ortega

On 9/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, Reader said:

Keep, it does what it says on the tin and does it very well.

If started before P3D is started and closed after P3D is closed, it has no adverse effects at all.

I have in fact added it to the exe.xml file so it starts with P3D and it just works, no fuss and no problems.

that's  what  I have  done  and  had  no issues  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, rafikihd said:

Hi Aaron,

I havnt  got the  mad  dog but  got  fsl  labs  and  havnt  got  that issue  at  all  in imputing  data  on the left  hand  side  of  the  cdu

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm using it for 3 months now in auto mode. I'm still undecided if it's a keeper. 

If you're using it in manual mode then this is one beast of an addon, definitely worth the money and then some! If you're into tweaking the visuals, making screenshots, videos,.. then this is an insta-buy and you won't regret it for a second. Auto mode, on the other hand, in my opinion, is a bit underwhelming. Of course, this is the matter of personal preferences, but the visuals EF provides in auto mode are not as impressive as what PTA or Envshade can do. I find the flight sim environment when using one of those two much more "realistic" looking and when using EF much more default FS-like. Maybe it would help a little if I knew what auto mode actually changes and how much variety there is and what those changes are based at. To me, auto mode sounds like something dynamic, based on time of day, weather, geographic location, temperature, season,... but frankly, it looks more like loading a very subtle shader change over default FS shaders and sticking with that. I may be very wrong and tons of stuff changes all the time but it must be quite subtle then. The last couple of weeks I'm using EF and PTA together with default MattDavies preset but that's also not ideal... it makes the whole "atmosphere" (feeling) more realistic to me but there are a few issues I don't like - shadows are way to dark, there are shadows in VC even after sunset when there is still a little sunlight visible and a few other issues.

As I said, I'm still undecided. It depends on what next update will bring and if there are any future plans to improve and enhance auto mode. It's a good product and it greatly depends on personal taste on what shader changes look best to you. I think there are a lot of resources, screenshots and videos, floating around so anybody can make a good and informative decision on what to buy. And don't get discouraged by issues some folks are having. Most of them can be easily solved and some big ones will be solved in the next technical update.

Edited by Tomaz Drnovsek
  • Like 1

Can someone from REX please comment on the issue I described with the FMS?  Is this a known issue?  Any work arounds?

Aaron Ortega

12 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thank you for confirming.  Not sure, but are they (REX or Maddog) team aware?

So you just moved the pop up 2D to right and it works again?  Do you have to move it after every use or is just one nudge enough to keep it working for the rest of the flight?

Hi Aaron,

Good question hopefully they are aware so we can have a solution to this issue. It usually works with just one nudge to your right and voilà.

10 hours ago, pete_auau said:

I havnt  got the  mad  dog but  got  fsl  labs  and  havnt  got  that issue  at  all  in imputing  data  on the left  hand  side  of  the  cdu

Hi Peter,

Not sure on what depends though, but if you try to open the Capt MCDU (On Fslabs) as a 2D Display and leave it right where it pops up, and try to make inputs (Specially the LSK on the Left) it wont work until you move the MCDU a little bit tou your right. No problem with the LSK on the right though.

But again not sure on what it depends and if everybody has the same issue.

Best Regards,

Rafa

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Can someone from REX please comment on the issue I described with the FMS?  Is this a known issue?  Any work arounds?

Why do you expect a reaction here? You should probably open a ticket via the REX Site. You will get an answer overthere for sure. Regards Marcus 

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Greetings

I just reinstalled EF in my new PC and I see no shaders effects. It looks like default P3D especially in VC. I forgot what I did last time. Do I have to make any changes in EF GUI like in this section?

48685500743_0b42c35f05_b.jpg

Thanks 

Edited by skysurfer

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

18 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

We will look into this. This is due to the overlap of the in-sim menu over the controls. One work around is to minimize the in-sim menu or disable it via EF main GUI. Please open a ticket in REX support. Thanks

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Hello everyone

I still have the same worries since the beginning I do not know about you but since I installed EF I always have the same sky the day that I am in Africa or in Europe it is always the same sky color as well that the sunset is the same since I installed EF ...

What I liked with ENVTEX is that the color of the sky could vary during the flight and the same for sunrise and sunset it was never the same without having to install a texture set it was automatic.

It seems to me that I had read that EF can also randomly inject the color of the sky dawn twilight day?

Have you noticed the same thing as me?

FYI I do not install any sky or cloud texture via REX SKY FORCE.

5 hours ago, fs1 said:

We will look into this. This is due to the overlap of the in-sim menu over the controls. One work around is to minimize the in-sim menu or disable it via EF main GUI. Please open a ticket in REX support. Thanks

Thank you.  I'll do that.  Just FYI though, my min UI was disabled in the EF main GUI.

Appreciate the help!

Aaron Ortega

I have the sky force/environment force combo on mine and let me tell you... It looks amazing! Completely transforms the Sim.

If the colors are not what you would expect them to be you can try another automated set of textures, or easily modify to your liking.

I did have an issue with it initially when I installed it before the update, but after a recent fresh install and manually deleting the shader folder upon changing themes it has worked with out any troubles for the last few weeks..

• Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+