vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

It was crashing my whole system. I had to reinstall almost everything. Just repaired it from the P3D setup file for the 3rd time. I have the new 2.0 Beta EF and so far I cant tell if it works or not? I thought there was supposed to be a smooth weather transition. I still have clods poping up out of nowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 minutes ago, broncoblair said:

It was crashing my whole system. I had to reinstall almost everything. Just repaired it from the P3D setup file for the 3rd time. I have the new 2.0 Beta EF and so far I cant tell if it works or not? I thought there was supposed to be a smooth weather transition. I still have clods poping up out of nowhere

I dont understand what is your issue. The popping of clouds has not been a problem reported. You can go ahead and post in the forums for support.

The weather transition is working as expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I installed the beta tonight and IMO it's now all the little niggles are gone.

Here is a Test I did from current to beta. 

I ran a test EGNX at 8 pm, the sun on Runway 27 is at 1 o'clock behind the cloud to the right. So VC should not be very bright, no VC lighting is turned ON. With ASP4, PMDG NG. It's about to rain here BTW so it looks just how it should.

No other shaders being used. Just SF and EF

All in FULL AUTO Mode.

The current version, IMO VC is to light.

VC1.jpg

The same scene with Beta.

beta-VC.jpg

 

The current version, looking right showing more VC

VC-2.jpg

 

Same with new Beta

beta-VC2.jpg

 

The Overhead really should not have much light on it.

Current version. Way to much light.

normal-OH.jpg

 

New Beta looks perfect.

beta-OH.jpg

Here are two from a quick flight round KLAS in the sun.

All upper clouds fixed, really nice depth to the scene.

lv1.jpg

LV.jpg

Great work guys.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

So Nyxx,

Are you telling me it's safe to install and use this app now?

I yanked it two days after installing it for all the reasons mentioned upon it's initial release. Haven't bothered to check back regarding viability since then until just reading your post.

Cheers,

Mark

Share this post


Link to post

Wait for the new build, Mark. I've been playing around with it all night (beta), I had to adjust by P3D HDR brightness to the level I used with PTA and TS 1.3. But everyone can fine tune to there own liking. Personly I love it. But am not trying to use shaders over shaders.

Is it safe? I had to uninstall the current version to install Beta, no problems at all.

Share this post


Link to post

How do I download the beta?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ben Cap said:

How do I download the beta?

simple  solution  was to head  over  to the rex  forum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, pete_auau said:

simple  solution  was to head  over  to the rex  forum

Thank you!

This new beta appears to have resolved the visibility issues. I am enjoying this version 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I installed the beta tonight and IMO it's now all the little niggles are gone.

Here is a Test I did from current to beta. 

I ran a test EGNX at 8 pm, the sun on Runway 27 is at 1 o'clock behind the cloud to the right. So VC should not be very bright, no VC lighting is turned ON. With ASP4, PMDG NG. It's about to rain here BTW so it looks just how it should.

No other shaders being used. Just SF and EF

All in FULL AUTO Mode.

The current version, IMO VC is to light.

VC1.jpg

The same scene with Beta.

beta-VC.jpg

 

The current version, looking right showing more VC

VC-2.jpg

 

Same with new Beta

beta-VC2.jpg

 

The Overhead really should not have much light on it.

Current version. Way to much light.

normal-OH.jpg

 

New Beta looks perfect.

beta-OH.jpg

Here are two from a quick flight round KLAS in the sun.

All upper clouds fixed, really nice depth to the scene.

lv1.jpg

LV.jpg

Great work guys.

Hi David

 

I am in the same boat as you . Now i actually needs to have brightness at 1.3 with HDR on but it looks amazing with latest EF update.

Another thing that really impressed me today which might not be the update that is responsibly for this  was the light during pushback at gate T24 at LEMD today with EZ.G-EZUI A320. The fuselage - It whent from rather dark red to its orange colour during pushback. I cant remember seeing this before. Really nice.

Also i got the 1903 windows update today and on my side its even better. Very very smooth indeed with your settings :-)

Thanks my friend .  (now using HDR again )

Oh one thing , why is the VHF1 lit up  (pushed offcause )but not the other radio buttons in the VC ? (sometimes they do though but havent had them for a while)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Very very smooth indeed with your settings 🙂

Thanks my friend .  (now using HDR again )

Oh one thing , why is the VHF1 lit up  (pushed offcause )but not the other radio buttons in the VC ? (sometimes they do though but havent had them for a while)

Michael Moe

Really happy they helped you Michael.

EF does really look great now with this update.

Not sure I understand about the VHF1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Really happy they helped you Michael.

EF does really look great now with this update.

Not sure I understand about the VHF1

Thanks David. 

The button backlights on the radio stack 

Pushing up the others dont light them 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned, EF is evolving and maturing. We are looking at fine tuning the lighting which is one of the programs main features.

We will be adding more robust automation algorithms as well, and other features we will be announcing soon.

Edited by fs1
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks David. 

The button backlights on the radio stack 

Pushing up the others dont light them 

Michael Moe 

All fine here but I have seen streamers have that problem.

vhs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Hello

i have a question:
 

I have AS, Asca, Skyforce 3d, Environment, PTA. So I used EF in manual mode - changes the weather in manual mode too or not?
And I startet AS with Asca. Do I need Asca with EF or not?

Thank you and best regards
Andre

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now