Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

I'd like to buy Environment Force.  But a few questions.  I have Active Sky for P3d4, SkyForce, and I recently deleted REX Textures.  I deleted this because I read that it's not necessary with SkyForce.  Every thing looks great, and I also activated the Weather toggle in Skyforce.

Question is this:  If I get EF, has it been recently updated so that the "automatic feature" can now be activated without any problems?  Secondly, should I shut off the weather feature in SkyForce if I get EF?

Thanks.

Stan

On 5/9/2019 at 6:42 AM, earthdog said:

The fact is , that EF doens;t have all the options yet. For example you cannot alter VC lighting which for me is crucial as i spent all the time in there 🙂 

REX replied to me "The overlapping (shaders)  will not hurt anything, EF runs on its own 'layer'." TOGA Project also stated that ENVSHADE is fully compatible with EF. The way I understand they are talking about weather, textures etc. but not about VC? So the problem could be with VC? And I agree, VC to me is major part in all this. I don't want to screw it. I guess I will hold off installing EF yet. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

4 hours ago, spilok said:

I'd like to buy Environment Force.  But a few questions.  I have Active Sky for P3d4, SkyForce, and I recently deleted REX Textures.  I deleted this because I read that it's not necessary with SkyForce.  Every thing looks great, and I also activated the Weather toggle in Skyforce.

Question is this:  If I get EF, has it been recently updated so that the "automatic feature" can now be activated without any problems?  Secondly, should I shut off the weather feature in SkyForce if I get EF?

Thanks.

Stan

automatic  with me  had  no  issues  at all,  if  your  using  asp4  than  don't  use the  weather  engine  in   sf,  no need  to  shut  off  weather  features in  sf all  you need  to  do  with  sf  is  to  choose  what  textures  you  want   and  install them,  and  thats  it

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

you need  to  do  with  sf  is  to  choose  what  textures  you  want   and  install them,  and  thats  it

Indeed, it only concerns lightings / effects / moon textures / sunflare textures and sound effects.

Because if I understand correctly we do not need to install via textures clouds and sky textures via SF because EF takes over and injects them dynamically in P3D

Just flushed 35 bucks down the toilet. 

Washed out contrasts, rediculous cartoonish colors, blurred image and over the top bloom. At least in automatic mode a huge disappointment, I can’t believe it. ....

I‘ll stick to tomato + reshade. 

• Like 1

Had been better you flushed TS & Reshade in advance ...

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 minute ago, disco79stu said:

Washed out contrasts, rediculous cartoonish colors, blurred image and over the top bloom. At least in automatic mode a huge disappointment, I can’t believe it. ....

lol

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

The Bloom was fixed. See the open beta. The colors changes in auto mode are done softly.

Maybe the product does not fit your profile.

Federico

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

6 minutes ago, fs1 said:

The Bloom was fixed. See the open beta. The colors changes in auto mode are done softly.

Federico

Yea, you can say that again. It definitely doesn‘t fit my profile. 

17 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

From all the videos and screenshots I've seen so far, auto mode just looks like what a below average TS / PTA preset delivers, with some dynamic elements.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos1988 said:

From all the videos and screenshots I've seen so far, auto mode just looks like what a below average TS / PTA preset delivers, with some dynamic elements.

Well this totally subjective.

Also your statement is not really correct as EF loads the preset. Then adds another layer.

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

34 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Federico

Sorry to say but messing arround with the lastest beta and not really seeing any improvement in terms of hdr... still have to turn it off because everything is too bright....

Carsten U

6 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Sorry to say but messing arround with the lastest beta and not really seeing any improvement in terms of hdr... still have to turn it off because everything is too bright....

I can confirm the latest HDR fix is really  better . I did a long haul flight from EDDF to KSAN , during this flight I saw dusk and dawn environment and EF handle the change pretty well , I can confirm I was awake the entire 12 hour trip , so I was very well monitoring the changes in weather , sky color , texture sync from SF. I do use track ir and some how I really saw the brightness being and issue in the past when looking left or right , but with the latest fix I haven't had that problem anymore. I still have to test other scenarios , but with this long haul I think I covered much of it all what I wanted to see . 

Edited by mr340

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

10 minutes ago, mr340 said:

I can confirm the latest HDR fix is really  better . I did a long haul flight from EDDF to KSAN , during this flight I saw dusk and dawn environment and EF handle the change pretty well , I can confirm I was awake the entire 12 hour trip , so I was very well monitoring the changes in weather , sky color , texture sync from SF. I do use track ir and some how I really saw the brightness being and issue in the past when looking left or right , but with the latest fix I haven't had that problem anymore. I still have to test other scenarios , but with this long haul I think I covered much of it all what I wanted to see . 

interesting.. At night it indeed seems better but at day i still have to turn it off...

Will play arround a bit..

EDIT: And recompiling HDR now results in a CTD

Edited by RTK1972
  • Upvote 1

Carsten U

5 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

interesting.. At night it indeed seems better but at day i still have to turn it off...

Will play arround a bit..

EDIT: And recompiling HDR now results in a CTD

Well for me it did took a while until I got the result I wanted . First I had to turn off some of my tomato shade presets option related to HDR , then when I got the result I wanted for EF I slowly turn on most of my HDR setting in tomato shade one by one . 

Edit : Did you know also if you are un Automated mode in EF you can manually tune down exposure in the mini config with in the sim. You don't have to turn off HDR all together. I am currently testing Automated mode , and if I do experience any brightness that bothers me during the day , I can tune down exposure in EF mini config . 

Edited by mr340

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)